Lightning

Question about supercharger pulley

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-1999 | 01:18 PM
|
Question Question about supercharger pulley

I dont currently own a lightning yet but i'm thinking about getting one this coming spring. The question i have is this, Is there any smaller diameter(overdrive pulley) available for this supercharger yet. I see alot of people on here have a chip in there truck but i havent seen anyone with a pulley. I use to have a 94 thunderbird super coupe and that was the first thing that i changed on it. Big horsepower gain for 30 minutes worth of work. I think it created 3 or so extra pounds of boost(20-30h.p) well thats what the manufacturer claimed anyways. Alls i know is it felt a lot faster than stock

Old 09-22-1999 | 04:17 PM
C5JOHN-
There was a thread that addressed this subject a few weeks back. As I remember it; someone stated the pulley on this Eaton unit is not easily changed and that the better way to increase RPM was to change the drive pulley on the crank. Someone else asked if that would overdrive the other accessories (alternator, water pump, etc...) and the response was that the blower (outer) belt only drives the blower.

Another thread discussed control of the boost pressure with the ECM. As I remember it; there isn't a 'waste gate' like on a turbocharger, but some other type of boost control that can be modified with a Superchip type installation. I don't know if Superchip (or JET) has modified boost with their programs. Ask Mike Troyer (Superchip_Distributor) for specifics.

------------------
'99 Black Lightning

Old 01-23-2002 | 02:56 AM
Old 01-23-2002 | 07:56 AM
Posting Rights Suspended
Here's the interchangeable one I use.

I still say it's easier to pull the snout and press-off/press-on. Takes 15 minutes and 8oz. of S/C oil.
Just my .02

Old 01-23-2002 | 08:30 AM
C5John,

There are several pulleys for the supercharger from several dealers. I got mine from Mike T. at Performance Products. I also got the right puller/installer from Mike T. The whole job took about 15 min. and I took my time. One of the easiest mods I have done. Just get ready to put a new supercharger belt on as the old one can get a little loose. Mine did and started making strange noises. Replaced the belt, and boom no problems.

Main thing is to make sure to use the right tool for the job.

Old 01-23-2002 | 11:16 AM
but for the ease of removal and putting it back stock a lower is the better bet.

Old 01-23-2002 | 08:35 PM
Where can i get one of those chrome pullies???

Old 01-23-2002 | 10:00 PM
Posting Rights Suspended
Not chrome, polished billet.

Had the opportunity to give the new upper billet setup a good "evaluation" this weekend.

1. Fit and allignment is perfect.
2. 2-2.5lbs. as promissed.
3. Pulley swap takes 2 minutes total.

If you want more info. or pricing, contact Randy directly at vercr1@hotmail.com or Flatsman at fredrglenn@cs.com.

This is great stuff, IMHO.

Quick Reply: Question about supercharger pulley