Lightning

To the guy in......

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-1999 | 10:37 PM
|
Cool To the guy in......

his extended Bow Tie, who upon seeing me tried to rev up his motor, this ain't no regular F-150. I guess you could tell when all you saw was my rear lights. ( This message or it writer in no means condones drag racing in public streets.)

Old 09-22-1999 | 08:10 AM
Cool

Heck I could have beat him and I don't even have a Lightning.
He didn't stand a chance.

------------------
99 XLT 5.4L reg cab
4x2 120" Wheelbase
4 wheel disc brakes/ABS
5 star larait style wheels
Toreador Red/Silver
3.55 gears 255/70/16 OWL
Delta toolbox
Eclipse 5340 cd player
Memphis ARCS50 component speakers w/tweeters mounted flush in the door panels (excellent sound)
Sherwood 35x2 RMS amp for components.
Jensen 50x2 RMS for subs.
2 6.5" Bazooka tubes
Lowering shackles?
54regcab@duesouth.net in Columbia SC

Old 09-22-1999 | 08:38 AM
Yeah, I like when they rev up their so called motor or creep up past the "walk line" next to me and the when the light turns and I'm across the road before them, they act like "Who me? I wasn't racing!"
It dosen't take a lighting to "take" a chevy!

------------------
"Moonlight Blue" 98 F150 SC XLT 2WD 4.6, 3.55 LS Tow Pkg. SUPERCHIP, K&N Airbox mod. w/ "Cool" intake, Mobil One Oil, Bosch +4's. Lund Fastback, Lighted visor, Runninng Boards, Crome Taillight covers, Smoked Bug and Rain guards, Shelf-it, Carpet dash cover, Red Wings license plate in front, Red Wings license plate frame in back, Little Detroit Viper hanging from mirror, Oh yeah, and one "Blacked-out" grill
LOOK-OUT! Can't jump curbs anymore RB's make it look lowered! http://www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/daytona/843/

Old 09-22-1999 | 03:55 PM
Smile

No, but some of them are nice guys, and car-nuts (truck-nuts) too.

I had a guy come up to me when pumping gas, asking for a race, he had a brand new Silverado, 4x2 extended cab, stepside. We agreed to meet again at the next gas-station 4 km up the road.

Needless to say, I was there first, but he was friendly and complementary, and we were just enjoying a fine Sunday afternoon.

------------------
99 Black Lightning
Rhino liner
Superchip

[This message has been edited by BlackLight (edited 09-22-1999).]

Old 09-22-1999 | 05:34 PM
BL, I agree, but I like to tease them, especially when they deserve it. Let us have some fun!

Old 09-22-1999 | 11:10 PM
2 words: Syclone & Typhoon. Those "so called motors" in those GM trucks still hold the title to being the fastest trucks ever produced, despite what all the hype in the ads say.

Yes these trucks are fast, but they aren't the fastest to ever be made.

Old 09-23-1999 | 12:37 AM
Banned
Hello All,
Just my .2 cent, but technically the Lightning produced by SVT for the 1999 model year is the fastest production truck ever produced. The Syclone and Typhoon were quick, but the Lightning will win the 1/4 miles at least mine will. The Syclone (14.1@93 MPH) VS. (13.6@101.59MPH). In fact I have the article right here from Car And Driver which will surprise many SVT Lightning owners. I will post the article in a seperate post called Lightning VS. Syclone and Typhoon.

Thanks,
Metallic Blue

------------------
1999.5 Black
SVT Lightning
Bone Stock
CD Changer, Tonneau Cover, Class III Tow Hitch.

Quick Reply: To the guy in......