Lightning

SVT event at Texas Motorplex this weekend... (long)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-1999, 05:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post SVT event at Texas Motorplex this weekend... (long)

Was a stone cold BLAST! I never had so much fun blowing away Cobras in my whole life. The numbers don't really sound too impressive, but temps were still up a bit and the barometer was down around 29.5, so it wasn't really optimal conditions.

I ran 6 passes at 14.2x at 98.5 to 99 mph. Most 60 foot times were 2.2x seconds, cut two really good lights, a .540 and a .560. I also ran two back to back passes at 14.109 and 14.119, respectively. Traps speeds stayed pretty much the same.

I also ran for the first time ever on the autocross circuit and finished out with 2 final back to back runs at 35.2x. One of the pros who was driving a white Lightning ran 32.05, so I didn't feel any remorse over my more modest showing. That truck is a blast to throw around the course!

I met several people at the event including Monroe, who out of the goodness of his heart, gave me his NLOC hat right off of his own head (hope the sunburn fades soon, Monroe).

Also met Mike Little of Austin who will hopefully be joining us here in the forum and on the NLOC page in the very near future. His handle is Wldbusman, and he got a real kick out of my mine, thought we might be long lost brothers, cousins, whatever.

There were quite a few Lightnings in the group, but only 2 in my section, mine and a white one that got spanked so bad, twice, that he would not run against me any more. I hope ya'll will take the hint about the fast color.....{grin}.

I have to, in all humility, state that I was beaten once, by a guy in a black 98 convertible Cobra who was running consistant low 13's. If I gotta lose, I would rather it be to him, his car was just plain awesome!

Sorry for the book, but we packed a lot into yesterday. Looking forward to FFW on the 8th. My N2O kit should be installed by then, those cats in the MOD Motor class won't know what hit them!

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
Black 99.5 Lightning
Lojack
Superchipped!
G-Tech/Pro
SnugLid
BedRug
Invinca-Shield, full kit.
NOS KIT Delivered - that RT is gonna wish he never sandbagged me!
Clear Lexan fog light covers

Quick Reply: SVT event at Texas Motorplex this weekend... (long)