Lightning

FUN FUN FUN

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-1999 | 03:58 AM
|
Talking FUN FUN FUN

Hey guys,

Just wanted to say I had a great time racing for the first time with my Lightning. It was so crowded I only got 3 runs in.

My first run I was so lost, I just went straight up to the line, and they had to show me how to move up until the pre-staged and then staged lights came on. And then my reaction time was horrible, and I was so nervous I just went full throttle right off the line, spinning the tires for the first couple of seconds. LOL.

But still it was a great feeling and I am truly hooked!

As far as times, my first run was 14.2s @ 99.20 mph. I wasn't happy with the time, but people said I did pretty good for a first timer. By the time I got to my second and third run, I learned a few more things which made a difference.

For my third and final run, I did 13.941 @ 99.07 mph, and I know I could have done better because I still spun the tires like crazy off the line, and I let off the gas before I reached the finish line in anticipation of the exit ramp. There was another Lightning there that did 13.5 @ 100mph (I think), that was an awesome run to watch, that baby was faaaast!

Anyways, I can't wait to go back

Mike

------------------
99.5 Black Lightning
JBA ceramic coated headers
Flowmaster muffler

Quick Reply: FUN FUN FUN