Lightning

My new baby

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-1999 | 12:25 AM
|
Thumbs up My new baby

I'm a brand new owner of a Black Lightning, and I got it a sticker price. Came with the dealer options CD player and trailer hitch. Today I got a Line-X bedliner and tint on the windows. Well I just wanted to know how many of us out there are actually using their trucks as daily drivers or just garage keeping them. I use mine as a daily driver but only about 14 miles a day. Also any fellow Houston lightning owners out there.

Old 09-19-1999 | 12:46 AM
GWERKS,

Welcome to the ranks of the lucky Lightning owners. I too, have a shiny new Black 99 sitting in my driveway here in Sugar Land, and I love it dearly. I haven't had the pleasure of driving a vehicle like this in over 20 years and wouldn't give it up for anything.

I have had mine out to the HRP strip in Baytown twice now, and really enjoy the looks of incredulous Bow-Tie owners whose cars have been thoroughly embarrassed by a 2.5 ton truck. I have also noted on a couple of occasions near accidents by drivers of other vehicles who pay more attention to my truck than thier driving (if that's what you can call what they do out on Hwy 6).

If you would like to meet and see my truck for some ideas on what mods I have applied and some information on sources for said mods, drop me a line @ wyldman@houston.rr.com.

Happy birthday to your new baby,

P.S. Have you checked out www.nloc.org yet?

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
Black 99.5 Lightning
Lojack
Superchipped!
G-Tech/Pro
SnugLid
BedRug
Invinca-Shield, full kit.
NOS KIT Delivered - that RT is gonna wish he never sandbagged me!

[This message has been edited by Wyldman (edited 09-19-1999).]

Old 09-19-1999 | 07:45 PM
GWERKS,
I'm from the Houston area as well, I live in Baytown. If you and or Wyldman would like to meet at the track sometime I'd like to myself, I work with a guy that has a Black 99 and I'm sure I coudl get him along too.

------------------
1999 Black Lightning SVT all options, (Factory soft tonneau cover, 6 Disc CD, Class III towing hitch), Loyd one piece floormat (Fits well, looks good), Tail light covers (Killer painted black to match), Black spray in bed liner (looks very good), Windows tinted gray 15% on doors, Dark Limo on back glass, Ordered 1st truck 1/21/99 till salesman told me a $5000 premium would be added, On the same day ordered second truck 2/24/99 (BEFORE getting my check back), Took delivery 6/21/99 After MANY many MANY promised ETA dates, Build date of 5/20/99

Old 09-19-1999 | 10:55 PM
|
Talking

Great to see that there is Houston representation here. We must set a date to meet and talk about our kids.

Old 09-20-1999 | 11:15 AM
I agree, we should all get together.

The sight of 4 or 5 black Lightnings together would strike fear in the hearts of the competition and would be a really cool picture to post. There are also 4 red ones I have seen cruising around and at the track. I have only seen one white one so far. If we could all get together, that might be a real party! And the photo-op might even make a magazine! (SVT Enthusiast, maybe?).

Any way, let me know what ya'll decide and I'm there.

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
Black 99.5 Lightning
Lojack
Superchipped!
G-Tech/Pro
SnugLid
BedRug
Invinca-Shield, full kit.
NOS KIT Delivered - that RT is gonna wish he never sandbagged me!

[This message has been edited by Wyldman (edited 09-20-1999).]

Old 09-27-1999 | 09:59 AM
I also have a black 99 with tint and a line-x. good choices GWERKS. Im in San Antonio and spoke to the owner of a red 99 yesterday. I think that if you got together a gathering in Houston some of us SA residents could make a run over there

fordtruck@mediai.com

Quick Reply: My new baby