Lightning

Oops, I did it again!... Crash!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2005 | 03:33 PM
AMP
|
Oops, I did it again!... Crash!

I wrecked my Lightning about a month and a half ago. That's the second one.

Wasn't even messing around, but Nitto's and slick wet roads = dissaster.

I figured that two strikes with an L meant that I'd better do something different, so I just bought this yesterday. I pick it up on Tuesday.

I'm sure I'll still stop by this site now and then to see what's going on, but for the most part this is probably goodbye. Thanks to all those who shared useful information, and helped me out personally.

Aaron

Last edited by AMP; 08-14-2005 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-14-2005 | 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by AMP
That's the second one.
Sounds to me like you should get something a little less powerfull that you can handle in inclement weather.

Old 08-14-2005 | 03:45 PM
AMP
|
Originally Posted by RED WING NUT
Sounds to me like you should get something a little less powerfull that you can handle in inclement weather.

less powerful is out of the question. I'm just not gonna drive this unless it's nice out. I also recently bought an 05 f-350. That'll be my daily driver.

besides, you can't replace a Lightning with something slow . It's just wrong

Old 08-14-2005 | 03:53 PM
Some vehicles just aren't made for anything other than clear weather and dry roads. Years ago I had a '69 Olds 442 and with the slightest bit of water on the road, the positrac rear end would have me doing 180's at corners without even trying.

Old 08-14-2005 | 04:06 PM
I think that might have buffed out with a bit of work

Old 08-14-2005 | 04:20 PM
Keep telling yourself it's the vehicle, not the driver, and you're gonna get seriously hurt... or worse. You may send someone else to an early meeting with St. Peter. Get control of your driving.

Sorry to be so blunt; but, there it is.

Old 08-14-2005 | 04:36 PM
I already feel sorry for the anniversary edition SVT, it's only a matter of time before we see a 'oops' post from you again. maybe you've learned and will respect the HP. BTW how long did you own the lightning before you had your accident.

Old 08-14-2005 | 04:56 PM
AMP
|
Originally Posted by svtandy
I already feel sorry for the anniversary edition SVT, it's only a matter of time before we see a 'oops' post from you again. maybe you've learned and will respect the HP. BTW how long did you own the lightning before you had your accident.

I've had lightnings for 3 years. I drove through 2 winters with the first one. This one I barely drove in the rain.

This post was partially for the benefit of you all. The point is that no matter how good or responsible of a driver you are... things happen. I already told you all that I was not screwing around at all this time. For those of you that would like to think that only those who drive way beyond their limits crash... good luck. If you think that you are such a good driver that no patch of sand, leaves, etc can beat you... than you sir, are the irresponsible driver.

**** happens. Even to good drivers. Keep that in mind.

Old 08-14-2005 | 05:00 PM
AMP
|
Originally Posted by Odin's Wrath
Keep telling yourself it's the vehicle, not the driver, and you're gonna get seriously hurt... or worse. You may send someone else to an early meeting with St. Peter. Get control of your driving.

Sorry to be so blunt; but, there it is.

this deserves a reply.

Do you know me? Are you aware of any of the events/ circumstances of any of this?
If you can answer yes to either of these questions, please feel free to lecture me.

Old 08-14-2005 | 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by AMP
I've had lightnings for 3 years. I drove through 2 winters with the first one. This one I barely drove in the rain.

This post was partially for the benefit of you all. The point is that no matter how good or responsible of a driver you are... things happen. I already told you all that I was not screwing around at all this time. For those of you that would like to think that only those who drive way beyond their limits crash... good luck. If you think that you are such a good driver that no patch of sand, leaves, etc can beat you... than you sir, are the irresponsible driver.

**** happens. Even to good drivers. Keep that in mind.
I've been driving for nearly 23 years. Spirited driving included, when conditions permit it. Over a million miles in commercial vehicles alone. No accidents. Single vehicle accidents don't just happen. That is just the way it is. ***** does not just happen. Even normally good drivers can have a lapse in judgement or drive beyond their abilities; but, as a grown man, one accepts responsibility for mistakes and learns from them. If not, the mistake will likely be repeated.

No patch of sand, leaves, etc. is going to affect your traction negatively enough to put you off the road unless you are driving at the edge of traction to begin with. That is irresponsible and should be reserved for closed course driving.

Old 08-14-2005 | 05:20 PM
Damn Aaron....not again....that sucks man. Sweet Vert though....If your lookin for some answers or just some new friends, check out my local site...we have some members in CT and other areas. www.svtsnake.com Dont forget to put me as a refferal. The guys are cool, and we have tons of meets and whatnot. Anyway sorry to hear about the truck, glad your safe and good luck with the Slowbra.

Old 08-14-2005 | 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Odin's Wrath
...Single vehicle accidents don't just happen. That is just the way it is. ***** does not just happen. Even normally good drivers can have a lapse in judgement or drive beyond their abilities; but, as a grown man, one accepts responsibility for mistakes and learns from them. If not, the mistake will likely be repeated.

No patch of sand, leaves, etc. is going to affect your traction negatively enough to put you off the road unless you are driving at the edge of traction to begin with. That is irresponsible and should be reserved for closed course driving.
Couldn't have said it any better.

Old 08-14-2005 | 05:27 PM
AMP
|
Originally Posted by Blown5Pnt4
Damn Aaron....not again....that sucks man. Sweet Vert though....If your lookin for some answers or just some new friends, check out my local site...we have some members in CT and other areas. www.svtsnake.com Dont forget to put me as a refferal. The guys are cool, and we have tons of meets and whatnot. Anyway sorry to hear about the truck, glad your safe and good luck with the Slowbra.

thanks Josh. You're one of the guys on here that made me feel like I should even bother telling what happened. I'll check out your link, and keep in touch!

Oldin's Wrath,

You're the f,n *****. I love you. You are the coolest mo fo to ever walk the face of the earth. Every guy must want to be you. I'm sorry I offended you in any way sir. (searching for the middle finger smilie....)

Old 08-14-2005 | 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by AMP
(searching for the middle finger smilie....)

Let me help.

If you want to be mad at me, that's cool. Hopefully you now have something to think about at the very least. This has not been a personal attack. I would hate to log on one day, and find that your family or friends have posted that you were seriously injured, or killed, while driving. It's happened here before. Losing a Lightning brother is never a good experience for any of us.

Old 08-14-2005 | 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by AMP
thanks Josh. You're one of the guys on here that made me feel like I should even bother telling what happened. I'll check out your link, and keep in touch!

Oldin's Wrath,

You're the f,n *****. I love you. You are the coolest mo fo to ever walk the face of the earth. Every guy must want to be you. I'm sorry I offended you in any way sir. (searching for the middle finger smilie....)
no problem man, its been awhile but still sucks to hear about your truck....anyway PM me or something and stay in touch.

Quick Reply: Oops, I did it again!... Crash!