Lightning

Be carefull when servicing your '99's!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-1999, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Be carefull when servicing your '99's!!!!!

Hey all...I want to share my "learning experience" for everyone to keep in the back of your mind.

Last Monday night I went to the dealers service department to pick up my truck after they "fixed" a front end problem. My truck was in the parking lot waiting for me. I walked around and visually inspected the body for any dings or scratches. Everything looked okay and I drove home and parked the truck.

Two days later I went to use the truck and as I'm walking down my driveway, I notice what appeared to be something hanging down from under the bumper. I kneeled down and looked underneath. What I found was that the bumper/airdam apparently got caught on something in a motion when the truck was backing up. The urethane bumper was ripped and scratched. I had my idea of what happened.

Yesterday when I brought the truck back to the dealer, the service advisor confirmed what happened. The front of the truck caught one of the "arms" of the hydraulic lift that swing in and out to raise up a vehicle. "Whoever" was backing the truck off the lift did not hear/feel the truck getting caught on this. I am now waiting for an outside body shop to look at the damage. IMO, the bumper has to be replaced as it's urethane, and not "repairable" like fiberglass.

They have to remember that the truck IS lowered!!!

Keep this in mind when you bring your trucks in for oil changes, tire rotating, servicing etc. and give the mechanics/service advisors a gentle "reminder".

Hopefully, with this info I have prevented this from happening to anyone else.

-Dominoe

------------------
'99 "White Lightning", CD Changer, tow, tonneau, GTS Omni-Guard

'94 Pontiac 25th Anniversary Trans Am GT Convertible

Quick Reply: Be carefull when servicing your '99's!!!!!