Lightning

I got riced......twice!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got riced......twice!

Last night driving home from my dads house, I get this guy pulling up next to me at about 50mph and jump on it.....I didn't even see him next to me. When he hit it, he jumped several car lengths VERY QUICKLY. I'm thinking to myself....."self??? WTF was that??" Looked like a hyundai....
I catch up to him down the road a bit and we talk for a sec.....05 Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT (AWD TURBO).
He asks what I have done......exhaust only. I tell him to hit it and we are off.......I stayed right at his bumper for a few then we let off.
We caught a light further down the street and gave him the thumbs up....letting him know I was ready. I brought up the RPM's so I wouldn't spin so bad...(yeah...that helped)
I thought it would be a good race, but when the light turned green.....he shoots out like a cannon about 5 cars ahead and stayed there to about 100. There was nobody on the raod so we didn't have to worry about slowing down too quickly.....then an STI come flying up and wants to run...so we all hit it....they were a few car lenghts in front and pretty much left me.

Now the truck feels slow....and it runs high 13's at the track. (not real fast...but respectable)
I guess the AWD TURBO owns me.

the warranty will be out soon and I can start modding

Old 08-16-2005, 02:12 PM
you're in FLordia? Wait until ti cools down and do it again.

AWD is a b!tch off the line!

Old 08-16-2005, 02:51 PM
I brought up the RPM's so I wouldn't spin so bad...
Huh?

Get a pulley and learn how to launch before you give us all a bad name

KIDDING

(mostly)

Old 08-16-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by shelpdoggSVT
the warranty will be out soon and I can start modding

Foget the warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mod it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it breaks after the warranty you pay for it right.If it breaks under warranty you can pull your mods and maybe get it fixed for free.

Just a thought.

But anyway get some minor mods and some cool air and you will be lovin life....hehehehe

Old 08-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Let me at those ricers... I'll teach them a thing or two!

Old 08-16-2005, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by TriPodRacing
Foget the warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mod it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it breaks after the warranty you pay for it right.If it breaks under warranty you can pull your mods and maybe get it fixed for free.

Just a thought.

But anyway get some minor mods and some cool air and you will be lovin life....hehehehe
Amen to that, when I spun my lower main bearing, SVT was throwing a hissy about replacing it, saying I didn't do enough damage to warrant a new engine..PFFFFT!!!

Just food for thought!

So I was like **** it, imma mod this bitch now, its only got 28k miles on it and its a 01'.

AWD are a bitch off the line, tough but beatable if you time it right. You could look into a slip converter, someone told me they are decent, im just not personally fond of them.

If I were you, I would start with a lower pulley, CAI, Exhaust (Sound), FTB (Quicker throttle response imo) I would say 4lb or possibly 6lb if you wanna push it on stock headers.

Sucks ya lost, but next time, you should MASH them!

Old 08-16-2005, 09:28 PM
ShelpDoggSVT......don't sweat it....literally. LOL It is too hot out. Wait till it cools a bit. But, as stated, in the meantime....mod that thing!

I will be home this weekend finally. I will hunted down the guilty STi and Hynduai and teach them a lesson.

Old 08-16-2005, 09:35 PM
Sounds like a post I made almost a couple years ago: Raced a WRX and lost

After some Drag Radials, and a few other bolt-ons I give most of them a run for their money now.

Old 08-16-2005, 09:39 PM
You just have to learn how to launch better, that is all. AWD are a PITA, but beatable. Just drop a #4 lower, FTVB, a tune, and people will second guess running against you next time. Oh yeah, get a CAI and when they hear it, they usually retreat somewhere else.

Old 08-17-2005, 09:17 AM
I just bought my wife a 05 Legacy GT Turbo and they are quick I have not played around with it yet to see if the wife can keep up with me in the L with the 6#er. The Subaru feels stronger than the 250/250 they are rated at especailly at part throttle.Here is a couple of pics of it.
jeff

Old 08-17-2005, 12:02 PM
Legacy GT Turbo's are low\mid 14 second cars.... respectable, Yes.. but leave you sitting. I dont get it?

Old 08-17-2005, 12:08 PM
georgia-SVT, sweet, how do you all like it? i think this will be my wifeys next car. what kind of gas mileage?

if you get a bad launch there are a lot of things on the road now that you're going to have trouble keeping up with. do a couple hundred passes down a dragstrip and you'll get the hang of it

Old 08-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Legacy GT has a milder version of the STi motor. 250hp vs 300hp in stock form. Very easy to get big increase with simple mods. Several GT's here just getting into the 11's.

Old 08-17-2005, 12:59 PM
I love it don't know about the gas milage yet I if the wife has not yet filled it up I'll need to fill it up for the 1st time. We just got it last week. For and Automatic it is real quick and fun to use the manual shift mode which can be done off the steering wheel or by using the shifter. 1/4 throttle seem to be the most fun you feel the variable valve timming kick in then the turbo come on it really will sit you back in the seat and that is at 1/4 throttle. Wife is still getting used to the almost 100 more HP then she had with her 97 Legacy GT. You have to run Premium gas and the window sticker said it get 17/28 which is only 1mpg less than her 97 was rated at and we got 16 in town and 28 on the hwy.

Old 08-17-2005, 03:45 PM
[QUOTE=0light1]Legacy GT Turbo's are low\mid 14 second cars.... QUOTE]
not this one.......I guarantee he is in the 12's.

I've raced my buddy who has an 01 Cobra with a few bolt ons and 4.10 gears and he didn't beat me that bad.

this guy had work done - I know I'm not gonna win every race, but I guess after a few mods (filter, chip, pulley) I will stand a better chance.