Lightning

Nitrous solenoid mounting question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nitrous solenoid mounting question.

Ok, so I may install my nitrous system today.
When I mount my solenoids, can I put them anywhere my little heart desires or do I have to put them in a certain location to be "legal."
I thought I remember hearing they need to go on the firewall. I really don't want to have to put them there.
I don't race FFW or NMRA events currently.
I usually just race Test and Tune events and track rentals where my hood never has to be popped for tech.
Let me know what I need to do in case I have decide to go "legit."
This things might haul some azz soon. Thanks, -Mat-

Old 08-17-2005, 10:55 AM
i mounted mine using a whole in the metal that is below the air box. Its real secure and if you do the whole install right they might never know u have it. i know ive been to many races and they have never found mine

Old 08-17-2005, 08:58 PM
Mat
Dont HAVE TO be on the fire wall at all. Plus remember that is actually one of the hottest places under the hood, all the heat blows to the fire wall.
Keep one thing in mind when hooking up N20, you want the solenoids in the coolest possible location, (and the lines for that matter too, I had a little learning experience with that this weekend amof, hehehehehe) I concentrated so much on the number two rule, keep the Lines as short as possible, that I compromised the line with a hot location, without even realizing it.

Getting through NMRA and FFW Tech is not always easy, and the Cecil Spring National Events may be worse yet, the NHRA Techs there seem to REALLY go over the vehicle with a fine tooth comb. I've never had a problem getting though any of them, and as you know my Solenoids are not on the fire wall.

The air box is a great location, I once had mine there, just remember the two rules, "SHORT and COOL" just like me

Quick Reply: Nitrous solenoid mounting question.