Lightning

New Item!!!JDM BIG POWER FUEL SYSTEM

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005 | 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by JimIII@jdm
. . . So please dont make comments about the price unless you really know whats involved in it. . .
Just to be clear, my comment was not that the system is not worth the asking price. Braided lines and fittings don't come cheap and this will be a low-volume part. $1,100 may be a fair price. Dunno, but it is what it is.

I'm just saying that $1,100 for fuel lines is f'ing expensive. Period.

A $1,000 tire is expensive. Period. I don't need to know what's involved in its manufacture to make that statement.

Old 08-17-2005 | 05:55 PM
Jim, are you guys putting the new rails/adjustable regulator on my truck?

Old 08-17-2005 | 09:13 PM
Nice set up Jim
I've heard a lot about it from Vinnie and Gator, but never saw it,
now that I have, I LIKE IT.
Anyway you can sneak it into Vinnies bill and ship it out to me

QUESTION
DO YOU SELL THE FUEL FILTER BY ITSELF ???

Ah the gool ole days when I use to cut up Moms garden hose

Old 08-17-2005 | 09:16 PM
This kit is already on trucks such as Vinnie's, Fast Gator's, Kevin White's, Mike Anderson's, Our 00' and 01' Lightnings.
What about mine?LOL j/k This is the same system Jim just installed on my truck and with no extra modifications other than tuning my truck made another 32rwhp. Being able to supply the extra fuel made a difference in how much timing Jim could throw at it throughout the entire rpm band. My truck was only able to make 613rwhp safely on the stock fuel system. It's made 645 now and I'm sure there's still a little more on the table.

Old 08-17-2005 | 11:20 PM
Expensive, but nice quality kit.

Like they said, HP cost money...

(I don't care which tuner does it, I am just glad to see new products a year after production ended)

Old 08-18-2005 | 04:03 AM
im so glad i never planned to go past basic bolt ons. prices just get crazy for the good hp parts.

but like was said, you gotta pay to play.
im with menace, its good to see parts still coming out after production ended.
keep up the good work guys. just wish I could help support the sales of the new goodies.

Chris

Old 08-18-2005 | 08:50 AM
Very nice set-up for the high hp guys that need something like this. At the hp level market you are targeting, I think you have done a good job. Seems expensive for the average joe but then again they don't need it so it's not an expense to lose sleep over. The top racers know what it costs to race at their level so I think they can appreciate the effort in providing something for them.

Old 08-18-2005 | 08:53 AM
|
Former Sponsor
Ill answer the questions in order thanks for the replys

Casey,

An exchange may work, however we did this with the cobra guys and got all kinds of hacked up systems. Also a few packages didnt make it because shipping services dont look highly upon a package that smells of fuel! However if the system is in good shape and I clear it with my Dad we could probably do this.

Walt,

We will put rails and adjustable regulator on if you want, call me around 1 today and I can go over it with you.

Rob,

I can sell the fuel filter by itself, however I can't put it on V's bill.

Jim,

Your right I forgot about your truck. Man let me say that thing is FAST, 10.9 in 5,000 ft + elevation at 95 degrees out. Thats a 10.6-10.5 in jersey on a nice day. The trucks set up to put on nitrous too now!! If you feel the urge.

Thanks again for all the kind responses and we are dedicated to making these trucks faster and run better so im sure this wont be the last of parts we make for the L's. Plenty more to come.

JimIII

Old 08-18-2005 | 09:12 AM
This kits is will work for and is recommended with Nitrous, Blower, and Turbo applications.
So if you have a '99-'04 L without nitrous, a turbo, or a BLOWER, you don't need this system???

Old 08-18-2005 | 11:18 AM
Who is that man

We've heard of the unknow Comic

Old 08-18-2005 | 12:35 PM
Unknown Comic: "Do you fool around?"

Lady: "No"

Unknown Comic: "That's okay. Just hold still, because I do."

Old 08-18-2005 | 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by dealerjim
What about mine?LOL j/k This is the same system Jim just installed on my truck and with no extra modifications other than tuning my truck made another 32rwhp. Being able to supply the extra fuel made a difference in how much timing Jim could throw at it throughout the entire rpm band. My truck was only able to make 613rwhp safely on the stock fuel system. It's made 645 now and I'm sure there's still a little more on the table.
Extra fuel allowed you to have more timing?

Old 08-18-2005 | 02:01 PM
Jim, That fuel system is very cheap compared to having to buy a new motor that blew due to lack of fuel. Sounds familiar to me.

Old 08-18-2005 | 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Calightnin
Extra fuel allowed you to have more timing?
The extra fuel allowed Jim to add more timing to my race program and still maintain a safe a/f ratio.

Last edited by dealerjim; 08-18-2005 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-18-2005 | 04:50 PM
Banned for Multiple Accounts
I was just wondering why you only went with a -6AN feed line. After going to all the effort that is hardly an upgrade over stock. I'd think you would want to run -6 lines from each pump the filter then at least a -8 line from the filter to the rails. Also, you don't need the older style rails, you can remove the stock regulator (its held in place with a snapring) and install an aftermarket adjustable regulator by Hpertech for lt1/ls1 applications. I've done it on my 01 as have several others. As for rails, there are two companies manufacturing rails for our trucks with 1/2" inlets, however they cover the coil packs and must be removed to change the plugs. Also, I believe aftermarket rails from 96-99 mustang GT's will fit our trucks, but I'm not sure on the year.

Quick Reply: New Item!!!JDM BIG POWER FUEL SYSTEM