Lightning

My first experience with a 99.5 Lightning

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-1999 | 10:51 PM
|
Post My first experience with a 99.5 Lightning

Sadly I was not close enough to touch it. I was at work and saw it go by through a window, I ran outside to get a better look at it. The owner got out and went it to a building across the street. I pondered the idea of going across and waiting for him to come back out, but chickened out. The owner was old enough to be my great, great, great grandpa(no offense to anyone). I waited for the guy to leave so I could hear it. I don't think he ever put his foot on the gas...I heard it start up and that was about it(all I could hear over light traffic)Not even a chirp of the tires when he left the stop
sign!! It's a bloody shame is what it is! The next time I see him, I'm really considering going over and talking to him...maybe he'll let me drive it (wishful thinking)

A bloody, bloody shame...

Old 11-26-1999 | 07:34 AM
well to be honest with you, I dont get in my Bolt & tear away from intersections by "chirping" the tires! those things are expensive to replace!!! The only time you would hear me ""chirp" them would be if I was racing someone. No shame in that!

Old 11-26-1999 | 09:44 AM
The dealer I bout my lightning from would not let me test drive the truck. It was the first lightning in Boise, not alot of choices when it comes to dealers, 1 in the state. They had sold me my 93 and 84, but would not let me drive the mystic cobras either, back in 96, so I went out and bought one somewhere else. To make a long story short, this dealer had this truck 2 days when they called and told me it was in and the only one in Idaho that was not sold. At that time they learned if they wanted to sell me a car/truck they need to let me drive it. I now own it.
So go to your local dealer and tell them you want a drive!! How else will the truck sell itself?
Good luck

------------------
99 Red lightning
97 Cobra convert
93 Black lightning
84 Gt-350

Quick Reply: My first experience with a 99.5 Lightning