Lightning

Best mileage ever!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005 | 11:37 PM
Be careful, you guys...

The Lightning Bug is gonna get ya

Old 09-26-2005 | 02:43 PM
Key West

The wife and I will be heading down to Key West at the end of October. My wife suggested we rent a car. She must be going through the change of life! I have this awesome truck and she wants to rent a car. On a personal note, I can't wait to take my L down to the keys. And I really don't care how much it will cost to take it. And I just bought a Pioneer AVIC-N2 for the trip. So I'm all set. All I need is my speedo!

Old 09-26-2005 | 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by jbmhog
The wife and I will be heading down to Key West at the end of October........
Are you going down there for Fantasy Fest? It is the most fun my wife and I ever had. We go every other year, this is our off year.

Old 09-27-2005 | 08:29 AM
Just bought myself a 2000 Lightning. Not many over here in the UK - especially with petrol (sorry gas) being $8 a gallon. Still, I managed 18 to the gallon with the last tank full so I am not too unhappy.
May need some help from you guys on the forum when I start to get my hands dirty as very few people over here know what an F150 is, let alone what you can do with it.

By the way, the grin on my face when I floor it is still "ear to ear"

Seeya

Paul.

Old 09-27-2005 | 10:27 AM
Silv...
Congrats - - - The smile will only go away when u sell it....

Gas Mileage...
I drive my Lightning 135 Miles a day at least three times a week of course only when the days are good out. I am talking about Northern VA going into DC area the worse traffic in the US 2nd to only LA’s... I maintain between 55 MPH and 85 MPH for most of the leg and some days its 1 hr in one spot... with that in mind I am seeing anything from 11 MPG to as high as 18 MPG.

Life is to short to worry about the little shyt... enjoy life and live it.... f’’’ the little shyt...

P.S. - Gas is back up to $3.08 for 93 again here... and I have noticed it does make a deferent’s between mid and low grad high is the way to go... (VA is the 16th highest place to get gas and DC is the 14th in US from what I herd on the news this morning, instead of going down we keep going up in the standings)

And I have two gas hogs... my third is an old cruiser (26 MPG) witch I would note dare show a pic on any web site...

Old 09-27-2005 | 12:37 PM
My wife and I visit our daughter in Hampton, VA, 410 miles away, several times a year, and I routinely travel in the 75-85 MPH range with my '02 SCab with the cruise set most of the time, except in the D.C. area (Yikes). My mileage going down (South) is 18.5, and coming home it's 16.5. That is one hell of a long hill!

Old 09-27-2005 | 02:18 PM
If I behave myself on the highway, 17mpg is pretty frequent. My mileage has gone to hell lately since my commute has changed to be only city driving.

My commute changed because I moved though. I am now only 7 miles from work, and fill up my tank once a month!!!

Old 09-27-2005 | 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by JavaBeans
If I behave myself on the highway, 17mpg is pretty frequent. My mileage has gone to hell lately since my commute has changed to be only city driving.

My commute changed because I moved though. I am now only 7 miles from work, and fill up my tank once a month!!!
Damn I Jealous.....

Old 10-02-2005 | 03:42 PM
|
After we got back from the Keys, we took a trip up to Tallahassee to visit another son and then on up to Montgomery, AL to visit my sister and mother. 1,000 mile round trip and once again got 18+ mpg by keeping it around 65 or so on the interstate by using cruise control.

Must admit, however, that on my last tankfull, I filled up with premium at Sam's Club ($3.05/gal), turned my chip back on and burned another 1,000 miles worth of rubber off the back tires in about half-a-block. Shot the h--- out of the gas savings, of course, but sure felt good after that long, slow trip.

Quick Reply: Best mileage ever!