Lightning

NLOC...get a life!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005 | 10:20 PM
|
NLOC...get a life!!!

Pretty amazing how you can get banned from a website after 2 years of interesting posts and advice to the L community. Why?? For trying to sell 5 or 6 USED lightning parts. I had about 4 posts active in the classified with good responses on parts from myself and my buddy American Muscle's lightning when all of a sudden I get banned from selling commercial parts!!! WTF!!! It amazes me how their moderators get politically involved when you sell a few used items not only to get back a couple of bucks, but to help those in need of good used parts at a great price. You can sell a whole truck (isn';t that commercial?) but you can't sell used parts like a water pump, ported eaton or an sct chip off a used engine without getting their feathers in a ruffle!! All I can say is grow the F up fellas. If your jealous then don';t blame me . I have parts to get rid of and I don't need NLOC to sell them . There is a more powerful, better run website called F150online available. I hope that one or two members post this on their site so I can get my point accross. Oh and BigD... get a life!!

Last edited by Mondo1; 09-24-2005 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Title not accurate
Old 09-24-2005 | 11:19 PM
What do you think would happen here if you posted the same stuff that got you the boot on NLOC? Take 3 guesses and the first 2 don't count... .. By the way I agree with you...

Old 09-25-2005 | 12:38 AM
Big D is at L-Fest. So he it may not have been him.

I didn't see the parts for sale, but if you put them in the for sale forum, why would they go bye bye?

Old 09-25-2005 | 01:27 AM
Just make another screen name. Who cares. It's not like they blocked your IP, and if they did, just spoof it.

Old 09-25-2005 | 03:40 AM
|
They wouldn't be worth it to me. That place is run by a couple of morons with chips on their shoulders (and I don't mean SCT's) I almost feel sorry for them. Oh, and to answer your question, Jeff, the answer would be nothing would happen. The moderators here know the difference between a legitimate L owner and a hustler. At least I hope they do. I have always received and given useful information on this site and need not go anywhere else for to discuss , buy or sell Lightning related items and topics. End of story.

Last edited by Mondo1; 09-25-2005 at 03:43 AM.
Old 09-25-2005 | 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by olefafl
Big D is at L-Fest.

Originally Posted by Mondo1
That place is run by a couple of morons with chips on their shoulders (and I don't mean SCT's)
Bro

I dont know what happen, but as already said there's nothing in the classified from you over there any more (I assume they deleted it). But if they were YOUR parts and it was not a best offer price (which is not allowed), simply write them and explain your side. Something maybe your not aware of is,
You do know the same Moderator there, IS OUR MODERATOR HERE TOO,

Old 09-25-2005 | 09:05 AM
You can say what you want, but NLOC classifieds are the best out there for format and traffic. Every site is a compromise. As you have come here to complain, I can remember people at NLOC making posts like these that F150online had banned them. Then at other sites they complain about NLOC and F150online. bla bla bla. It is just an online forum!

While people want to throw out free speech, you need to realize these forums are a business. They run it to the standards that they set. Can you go door to door in every town in America to try to sell something? No - many do not allow solicitation like that. If you broke a rule or not there, you are banned. Just get over it.

-Mark

Old 09-25-2005 | 10:21 AM
|
Originally Posted by St Louis Lightning
You can say what you want, but NLOC classifieds are the best out there for format and traffic. Every site is a compromise. As you have come here to complain, I can remember people at NLOC making posts like these that F150online had banned them. Then at other sites they complain about NLOC and F150online. bla bla bla. It is just an online forum!

While people want to throw out free speech, you need to realize these forums are a business. They run it to the standards that they set. Can you go door to door in every town in America to try to sell something? No - many do not allow solicitation like that. If you broke a rule or not there, you are banned. Just get over it.

-Mark

Well to be honest I never had any issues ever before, and I haven't changed the way I sold something when I had parts for sale. There are multiple parts for sale constantly on the classified, and I listed 4 or 5 myself. So what's up with that? Also, these forums are not created just to form as a business. Part of the reason they create a supporting vendor section is to cover costs and website maintenance time, I can understand that, when it grows as large as they are. But there is more to it than that. There are members, as well as moderators, that have a passion for the main subject of the website that draws in all sorts of people. once in a while a scammer or "troll" falls in through the cracks and that can't be helped.They should be dealt with accordingly. I have been an NLOC member back when Sal owned the club and there wasn't an official website.I have a history of helping people through my experience with cars (over 30 years) and love learning from others as well. All I'm saying is that they should consider this as well as the topics at hand , and contact me if you have any questions.Not ban me without any explanation.I go on to check the status of my classified ad and I can't get on! I don't even know what happened. And don't worry Mark ,I am over it. Its just weird thats all, just plain weird.

Last edited by Mondo1; 09-25-2005 at 11:03 AM.
Old 09-25-2005 | 10:45 AM
Are you Hotstuff?

If thats you Big D posted
"Hotstuff has been banned from the board for breaking rule #15...selling commercially while not being a paying Supporting Vendor. We have also deleted all of his posts!"

Here
http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread...5&pagenumber=3

bgstew6 posted
"Never seen anywhere where was selling new stuff. It was all used stuff off of one of his friends Ls that he turns the wrenches for"

Old 09-25-2005 | 11:05 AM
|
There you go. Thats the first time I've seen that. Doesn't make sense.

Old 09-25-2005 | 11:39 AM
Pretty amazing how you can get banned from a website after 2 years of interesting posts and advice to the L community. Why?? For trying to sell 5 or 6 USED lightning parts. I had about 4 posts active in the classified with good responses on parts from myself and my buddy American Muscle's lightning when all of a sudden I get banned from selling commercial parts!!! WTF!!! It amazes me how their moderators get politically involved when you sell a few used items not only to get back a couple of bucks, but to help those in need of good used parts at a great price. You can sell a whole truck (isn';t that commercial?) but you can't sell used parts like a water pump, ported eaton or an sct chip off a used engine without getting their feathers in a ruffle!! All I can say is grow the F up fellas. If your jealous then don';t blame me . I have parts to get rid of and I don't need NLOC to sell them . There is a more powerful, better run website called F150online available. I hope that one or two members post this on their site so I can get my point accross. Oh and BigD... get a life!!
hotstuff is that you i'm glad I found you I still want rhe sct chip from you can you give me a phone # to reach you

Old 09-25-2005 | 12:27 PM
How and when did you find out you were banned?

Why would they think you need to be a SV?

Old 09-25-2005 | 01:04 PM
. . . Also, these forums are not created just to form as a business. . . .

Old 09-25-2005 | 01:13 PM
The fact that his screen name was Hotstuff is enough reason for banning in my opinion.

Old 09-25-2005 | 01:14 PM
evo
Originally Posted by Tim Skelton
Tim your killn' me

Quick Reply: NLOC...get a life!!!