Lightning

No LIghtning fest updates?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005 | 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by LightningTuner
Battle Royale!! I'll be the guest referee.
Sal you got a laugh out of me for that one!!!!!!

Old 09-26-2005 | 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by l-menace
Tit for tat.
Opinions are like.... aww well you know the rest.

You mean those who actually spend real $$$ on their trucks? For me it's simply not a high priority that I spend money on my truck. It's right where i want it, it's a toy, not a lifestyle, along with my other toys. I think I actually logged a little over 1000 miles on the truck this summer.

I guess I'm the bad guy because I challenge the established norm of this place. I'd rather find cheap alternatives (like strange drag shocks for $120/pair) rather than spend the high dollar markup (like QA1's which are simply revalved mustang shocks).

Do you actually work on your truck or drop it off and pay someone to work on it? Ya know what, it simply doesn't matter to me.

He was referring to your east coast club comment.... and I have no idea what your response has to do with this conversation....

Old 09-26-2005 | 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by E-luzion
So the next time someone makes a comment that slanders JDM... im gonna quote this post.... Happens all the time here... maybe you havent noticed....

and I hate to break it to you.... the same 10 people stick up for Johnny and the same 10 people stick up for JDM.... so whats your point....
A person can stick up for their vendor and I have no problem with that. When someone has to run down another vendor to make their preferred vendor look good, then they are a nut swinger/ridder.. I've been here a long time, so I know how things are... Just stating my opinion while using a new little graphic I found..

Old 09-26-2005 | 05:35 PM
So the next time someone makes a comment that slanders JDM... im gonna quote this post.... Happens all the time here... maybe you havent noticed....

and I hate to break it to you.... the same 10 people stick up for Johnny and the same 10 people stick up for JDM.... so whats your point....

Just to be clear, my post was not meant to defend anyone. I simply think that L-Menace is an internet racing wanna-be twawt and I didn't want to miss this oportunity to let him know what folks that actually race their trucks think of him.

Rocks

Old 09-26-2005 | 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by St Louis Lightning
A person can stick up for their vendor and I have no problem with that. When someone has to run down another vendor to make their preferred vendor look good, then they are a nut swinger/ridder.. I've been here a long time, so I know how things are... Just stating my opinion while using a new little graphic I found..
OK.. so if thats the case, the next time someone in Johnny's camp slanders JDM and you post, you are gonna stick your icon in there because they are trying to run down JDM.... right.....

Old 09-26-2005 | 05:49 PM
|
I would just like to state that I am not bashing anyone. I just wanted to know if a certain truck with 50 grand in monkey bars in the bed, that called out another truck, lived up to its claim.

As for the east coast thing. Call it what you want...I call it a group of enthusiasts that has a great time getting together, going for cruises, and racing! Ya, I guess we're losers!

Old 09-26-2005 | 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by whip
I Ya, I guess we're losers!

No just you hahahha

drop me a line dingleberry!!! we got some to do with don...ok dons.. plural hahahaha

Old 09-26-2005 | 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by 03LightninRocks
Just to be clear, my post was not meant to defend anyone. I simply think that L-Menace is an internet racing wanna-be twawt and I didn't want to miss this oportunity to let him know what folks that actually race their trucks think of him.

Rocks
What do you mean race a farm truck? 1/4 mile? 1/8 mile? auto-X? Or something like what Stan (RUSLOW) does?
I think for your next opportunity should be a little more precise. If you are making these bold illuminating statements, I think you need to be clear.

I'm an internet racing **** because I haven't spent a fortune on my truck? The same truck I bought 3 years old (used) with just over 3,000 miles on it for $17,000? Add up my mods and I still think I'm under $20,000. Or is it that I am extremely busy and don't have the time or desire to go to the track (whichever track it may be) to race? Hmmm... Perhaps that is why I only have a street program on my chip. Or is it because I set a goal with my truck, achieved that goal and am content with its results? Deciding it's not worth spending money on additional mods which may result in the stock rods breaking and costing me more money yet, when I was happy in the first place?

I don't give my 2 cents to every post, only the ones I have experience or KNOWLEDGE with. Typically the newbies who ask the same questions over and over, while everyone else yells at them to search, I simply take the 30 seconds and answer their questions. Ironically when they search, they find threads telling them the same question has been asked 100 times and to search for the answer, resulting in a waste of time.
BTW: knowledge is gained through experience, and reading about others experiences and learning how the process works and understanding it.

I think you forget that everyone started coming to this site to gain knowledge and have questions answered about their particular vehicles. That everyone here on some level or another appreciates what they have. I simply take pleasure in helping people where I can. It seems others have forgotten that, pathetic....

Old 09-26-2005 | 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by St Louis Lightning
That is a picture of a nut swinger. A person who has to put down another vendor or vendor's customer to make their own preferred vendor look good is in my book a nut swinger..

The more common example is when the same 10 people with slow vehicles hangs around one person with a very fast vehicle and talk online like they have accomplished something because the other guy did.

-Mark
oh ok well i dont think Leeann was vendor bashing or anything like that.. i think she is just stirring up some game for JDM day thats all.. your a PSP tuned truck and so am i, if Leeann was going to bash trust me you would know.. the whole nut swinger thing was probably uncalled for towards it.. hell her and i have been talkin trash to eachother since june for JDM day, she is a cool person to get to know, like i said i think she is just trying to make JDM day as exciting as possible.. there is no vendor bashing, we all know the consequences to that..

Old 09-26-2005 | 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by l-menace
What do you mean race a farm truck? 1/4 mile? 1/8 mile? auto-X? Or something like what Stan (RUSLOW) does?
I think for your next opportunity should be a little more precise. If you are making these bold illuminating statements, I think you need to be clear.

I'm an internet racing **** because I haven't spent a fortune on my truck? The same truck I bought 3 years old (used) with just over 3,000 miles on it for $17,000? Add up my mods and I still think I'm under $20,000. Or is it that I am extremely busy and don't have the time or desire to go to the track (whichever track it may be) to race? Hmmm... Perhaps that is why I only have a street program on my chip. Or is it because I set a goal with my truck, achieved that goal and am content with its results? Deciding it's not worth spending money on additional mods which may result in the stock rods breaking and costing me more money yet, when I was happy in the first place?

I don't give my 2 cents to every post, only the ones I have experience or KNOWLEDGE with. Typically the newbies who ask the same questions over and over, while everyone else yells at them to search, I simply take the 30 seconds and answer their questions. Ironically when they search, they find threads telling them the same question has been asked 100 times and to search for the answer, resulting in a waste of time.
BTW: knowledge is gained through experience, and reading about others experiences and learning how the process works and understanding it.

I think you forget that everyone started coming to this site to gain knowledge and have questions answered about their particular vehicles. That everyone here on some level or another appreciates what they have. I simply take pleasure in helping people where I can. It seems others have forgotten that, pathetic....

None of the above. It's just that I think your a Twawt.....

Old 09-26-2005 | 06:27 PM
OK.. so if thats the case, the next time someone in Johnny's camp slanders JDM and you post, you are gonna stick your icon in there because they are trying to run down JDM.... right.....
Actually I would.

Old 09-26-2005 | 06:29 PM
I would just like to state that I am not bashing anyone. I just wanted to know if a certain truck with 50 grand in monkey bars in the bed, that called out another truck, lived up to its claim.

As for the east coast thing. Call it what you want...I call it a group of enthusiasts that has a great time getting together, going for cruises, and racing! Ya, I guess we're losers!

You forgot to mention that L-menace is a twawt.....

Old 09-26-2005 | 06:42 PM
|
Rocks...your a Fking riot bud! Making me laugh out loud at work while I am trying to look like I'm filling in end of month reports! Actually, when I was in college, my roomate and I made a list of "good words" which contained words like Furburger, Sippy Hole, Spread bore, Beaver, and so on. I don't believe **** was on there, but if I can find the list (6 years since graduation, and my ex roomate is still mad at me for loosing it) I will add it!

Mike...I'm in the gulf of mexico...no beers for me. I'll drop you a line when I get home!

L-menace.....Yer a ****!!!!! Sorry, its just too funny to leave alone!

Old 09-26-2005 | 07:12 PM

LOL. The portable playground is where it's at. To hell with ladder bars and 4 links, we got monkey bars and 4 toddlers in the back.

Old 09-26-2005 | 07:14 PM
I found this while visiting a web sight from down under. It seems to be a consensus.

Quick Reply: No LIghtning fest updates?