Lightning

Lightning Screen Saver

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-1999 | 04:15 PM
|
Smile

Hi SVT54SC
I'll give you a little help (you may have already figured it out). When you download the 2 zipped files there are two ways to set up the files for execution. #1 unzip disk1.zip to a blank diskette then do the same for disk2.zip. This will give you the Screen saver as a 2 disk install pack which you can then use on any computer. Method #2 take the downloaded files (Disk1.zip & Disk2.zip) and unzip them to a new folder (rename folder "SSinstall" or what ever you may wish). Then open the folder and double click on the file called Setup.exe the Screen saver will install. Just in case you don't have WinZip it is at my web site too free to down load. Hey good luck ! I know that you will get there.

------------------
BABolt
SVT#290

Old 12-15-1999 | 05:59 PM
Hey Mike, Sal here. I must be an idiot but i can't get it to work either. I saved it onto two seperate floppys, then when I unzip Disk 1 is starts the install and asks to insert the next disk, but no matter what you do, that doesn't work. Any ideas?

------------------
SAL
13.35@103mph
All stock with PSP 99 Lightning Chip and Filter Kit

Power Surge Performance--- Your SOURCE for SVT Lightning EFI Tuning and Performance!! http://members.aol.com/NLOCsvt/svt.html

Old 12-15-1999 | 07:45 PM
|
Talking

Hey Sal!
Pretty much on most items I have agreed with what you have said. This time I will have to disagree with you I don't think you are an "Idiot". I think what may have happen is that on your second disk it is not decompressed. What you should see on that disk is a file called setup.sa2 with a file size of 1050kb. I just went to the site and D/L the two files and ran setup without a hitch. A friend at work was having the same issue and he had failed to decompress the second zip. If by chance it still will not work unzip the two files into a new folder and do the .exe thing from there. It will work. Good luck and have fun.

------------------
BABolt
SVT#290

Old 12-15-1999 | 08:58 PM
Smile

Finally got this thing figured out. Once the files are are downloaded. Use Winzip Classic to "extract" them to two separate floppy disk. Then using first disk, click on setup.exe to start install. It will tell you when to insert disk 2. FANTASTIC !!!

For those of us that are waiting on the 2000 models, these excellent photos do not make the wait any easier however.

Old 12-16-1999 | 12:14 AM
Hey Mike, Sal here. I'm still having problems. When I unzip disk 2, I get that setup.sa2 file and nothing else. When I unzip disk 1, Winzip (using winzip wizard) automatically installs the program, then it says "Insert next disk" and I can't go any further. Any ideas?

------------------
SAL
13.35@103mph
All stock with PSP 99 Lightning Chip and Filter Kit

Power Surge Performance--- Your SOURCE for SVT Lightning EFI Tuning and Performance!! http://members.aol.com/NLOCsvt/svt.html

Quick Reply: Lightning Screen Saver