Lightning

New Brake Options????

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005 | 07:55 AM
I know the folks at StopTech... they have a awesome product and the customer support is second to none. I haven't put them on myself although I do plan on doing it.

The cost is around 3k or less just depending on options.

www.stoptech.com

Old 09-28-2005 | 10:02 AM
Originally Posted by bglanden
Yeah, I have never gone out and done a 140-0 stop so I don't really know if they will fade. I'll have to give it a try!!
Bryan
They will and do fade bad. Big improvements to the stock system: New fluid (I like ATE Super-Blue), braided lines, slotted/dimpled rotors (not drilled), and pads. Those changes will help a bunch.

Old 09-28-2005 | 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by rickgig
I know the folks at StopTech... they have a awesome product and the customer support is second to none. . . .
And their Web site is also second to none. Should be required reading for those contemplating brake upgrades.

Old 09-28-2005 | 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt
They will and do fade bad. Big improvements to the stock system: New fluid (I like ATE Super-Blue), braided lines, slotted/dimpled rotors (not drilled), and pads. Those changes will help a bunch.
I'll give that brake fluid a try, what's it a DOT 5 or something? I thought the next step up would be something similiar to the silicone fluid. I do have ceramic pads on the front (haven't noticed any warpage yet). I don't think I really need the braided lines and slotted rotors considering my type of driving.

Old 09-28-2005 | 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by bglanden
I'll give that brake fluid a try, what's it a DOT 5 or something? I thought the next step up would be something similiar to the silicone fluid. I do have ceramic pads on the front (haven't noticed any warpage yet). I don't think I really need the braided lines and slotted rotors considering my type of driving.
Braided lines will improve your pedal feel big time. It will give you a rock solid pedal without any pumps. Very inexpensive and worth while mod. Also changing your fluid on a regular basis will help. Brake fluid absorbs moisture from the air. Over time this will lower the boiling point of the fluid and affect your braking.

Quick Reply: New Brake Options????