Lightning

New Brake Options????

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005 | 02:09 PM
|
Question New Brake Options????

Does anyone know of any new brake products that have recently been released?

Is the TCE kit still one of the best bang for the buck values?

I know a lot of you guys are using Ruslow's and Rotorpros products. Are there any other compareable products???

I am looking to do a brake upgrade and I am weighing my options. I am either going to go all out with the TCE kit or save some money and stick with just new rotors and pads (rotorpros or Ruslows).

Old 09-26-2005 | 02:40 PM
Look at this: MOVIT , I'll drive this L next week. It is a guy from my region, he called me last weekend and we will do a Autobahn run!!!

Old 09-26-2005 | 05:41 PM
Stop-Tech is a good bang for the buck. That is if you have the need. If you are just looking for an improvement over stock for street use than rotors and pads are the way to go.

Old 09-26-2005 | 06:06 PM
|
It is for use mostly on the street, but I will see about 2-4 track days this comming year.

Old 09-26-2005 | 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by GermanLightning
Look at this: MOVIT , . . .
Something must be getting lost in translation.

I want my brakes to be called STOPIT, not MOVIT.

Old 09-26-2005 | 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by aclark5150
It is for use mostly on the street, but I will see about 2-4 track days this comming year.
As long as you don't intend to actually use your brakes at the track, the stockers will be fine.

Old 09-26-2005 | 09:00 PM
holy- bejusus.... 18" calipers! woof!

Old 09-27-2005 | 02:37 PM
|
I just got a quote back from Movit. It was 3000 Euros, which I believe is approx $3600 US. (about the same as Brembo)

Old 09-27-2005 | 06:36 PM

gee, that looks bad!

Old 09-27-2005 | 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by gbgary
gee, that looks bad!

Old 09-27-2005 | 08:06 PM
I don't see why you would have to upgrade your braking system? I can almost lock mine up at any given moment, except for the abs! That tell's me there's adequate stopping power.
Probably the only thing I could do is stick a bigger tire on for more stopping power, not too sure how that would work with abs?

Now, if you're road racing and doing alot of braking, brake fade will probably occur. So, you need to get rid of heat and need an upgraded system.
But, on the bling factor, those rotor's will get attention!!!
Bryan

Old 09-27-2005 | 09:18 PM
Originally Posted by bglanden
I don't see why you would have to upgrade your braking system? I can almost lock mine up at any given moment, except for the abs! That tell's me there's adequate stopping power.
Probably the only thing I could do is stick a bigger tire on for more stopping power, not too sure how that would work with abs?

Now, if you're road racing and doing alot of braking, brake fade will probably occur. So, you need to get rid of heat and need an upgraded system.
But, on the bling factor, those rotor's will get attention!!!
Bryan
You need to get out and drive fast. The L brakes suck in their stock form. Add bigger wheels and the problems get worse. Everybody is willing to dig deep and spend money to go faster and make more power. Very few invest properly into making it safer. Very few also realize that increased braking performance will also make you faster.

Old 09-28-2005 | 02:19 AM
Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt
. . . Everybody is willing to dig deep and spend money to go faster and make more power. Very few invest properly into making it safer. . .
True dat.

Brembos were my first major upgrade, and my drivetrain is still stock.

Old 09-28-2005 | 02:23 AM
. . . Probably the only thing I could do is stick a bigger tire on for more stopping power, not too sure how that would work with abs? . . .
You mean stickier tire. Our tires are already about the biggest on the planet. And most bigger tires have less grip.

The ABS would be fine. It does not know why the brakes are locking, only that they are locking.

. . . Now, if you're road racing and doing alot of braking, brake fade will probably occur. So, you need to get rid of heat and need an upgraded system. . . .
He said "It is for use mostly on the street, but I will see about 2-4 track days this comming year."

Old 09-28-2005 | 05:40 AM
Originally Posted by Silver-Bolt
You need to get out and drive fast. The L brakes suck in their stock form. Add bigger wheels and the problems get worse. Everybody is willing to dig deep and spend money to go faster and make more power. Very few invest properly into making it safer. Very few also realize that increased braking performance will also make you faster.
Yeah, I have never gone out and done a 140-0 stop so I don't really know if they will fade. I'll have to give it a try!!
Bryan

Quick Reply: New Brake Options????