Lightning

anybody going to Bristol Street Fights this week?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005 | 03:55 PM
|
anybody going to Bristol Street Fights this week?

I'm thinking about going tomorrow night. Any of you folks be there? DarkagentL?

Old 09-26-2005 | 04:20 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Slick_Sammy
I'm thinking about going tomorrow night. Any of you folks be there? DarkagentL?
Thats at Bristol right, Ride Revolution sponsors that they are good people and the event is pretty cool too. They have a bunch of cobra guys there, look for a Red Fire Vert Whipple Cobra thats Robert. He really does good work on these trucks.

JimIII

Old 09-27-2005 | 01:29 AM
|
yeah, that's the gig. i've heard there are some bad mustangs there.

Old 09-27-2005 | 09:49 AM
Originally Posted by JimIII@jdm
....Red Fire Vert Whipple Cobra thats Robert. He really does good work on these trucks.

JimIII

I'll second that motion! Slick_Sammy where are you from?

Old 09-27-2005 | 01:57 PM
|
Originally Posted by flamedlightning
I'll second that motion! Slick_Sammy where are you from?
blacksburg, va, area.... just off I-81. I think I'm just under 2 hrs from Bristol. it's the closest 1/4th track to me. My buddy cancelled on me but I may head down there tonight anyway.

Old 09-28-2005 | 08:37 AM
Sammy hope I didn't miss you up there I'm going Thursday the weather will be sweet for superchargers. High 74 Low 48. Hope to see you there. Chance of rain but it looks like thats A.M. and clearing into P.M.

Old 09-28-2005 | 08:55 AM
|
Originally Posted by darkagentL
Sammy hope I didn't miss you up there I'm going Thursday the weather will be sweet for superchargers. High 74 Low 48. Hope to see you there. Chance of rain but it looks like thats A.M. and clearing into P.M.
i made it down last night, not sure if i'll go again next week or not. i should've waited til it got a little cooler. last day is next saturday. i ran a 13.28 at 101 something. Was kind of disappointed not to break into the 12s. it's got to be the track b/c if you look at my timeslip, my 60ft and 330ft indicate a 12.8-12.9 run, but my 1/8th thru 1/4th times really slow down compared to what i run at my local track which is only a 1/8th, but you can do the math on them and see a big difference. oh well, it was fun. not too many folks showed up and they closed the lanes before I could make one final run. there was another DSG L there, who was not running.

Old 09-28-2005 | 01:27 PM
The track is slow, but on a good cool night you can run good times there. 13.2 at bristol is an easy 12 almost anywhere else. Hate I missed you, i'm going tomorrow weather permitting shooting for a cool night. Oh well maybe I can catch you next time. Last time up i talked to a guy with a black L modded with Nitrous. he only ran 13.8 off the gas and i didn't see him run on it. Robert from Ride Revolutions had done the work. I think they were working the bugs out. There was a procharged SS truck he had done the work on it running low 12's. I may use him when I start modding but I'll probably go up to see Troyer.

Old 09-28-2005 | 05:34 PM
|
cool. troyer had a dyno tuning session a couple weeks ago in Salem (just below Roanoke VA, super easy drive up I-81). THey're planning another one soon. They can put you on a list to contact when they set the date if you're interested, just give them a call. I'm planning on porting my blower and then getting a dyno tune from Troyer at his next session. I saw where ride revolutions was doing ultra cheap dyno pulls soon, or maybe it just passed? you could always get a custom mail order one and have them check the A/F for cheap.

Quick Reply: anybody going to Bristol Street Fights this week?