Lightning

WHAT EXACTLY IS THIS SUPER CHIP YOU ALL HAVE

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-1999, 01:31 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question WHAT EXACTLY IS THIS SUPER CHIP YOU ALL HAVE

ALOT OF YOU HAVE A "SUPER CHIP "AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT WORKS GOOD.DOES IT DO ANYTHING FOR THE REV LIMITER? SHIFT CHANGES? ALSO A FLIP CHIP??????WHAT IS THAT? I HEARD SOMEONE SAY THEY HAVE BOTH. IS THIS POSSIBLE? WHERE CAN I GET THESE, AND WHO MAKES THEM? WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM THAT AND A K/N FLTR? RIGHT NOW I RAN 13.88ET 98MPH ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS A MILLION GUYS

Old 12-16-1999, 02:22 AM
Superchip is a brand name of an after market computer chip that will change shift point (more agressive shifts) and air-fuel ratios and some other goodies in the computer (I am a computer geek, but this is not my area of specialty). It is called a flip-chip because it has two programs that can be selected by flipping a switch, prog 1 is the stock mode, and prog 2 is the performance mode.

Sal at Power Surge Products makes a chip as well and it also has two modes. Sal is always looking for better ways to do things and has had several versions of his chip done in custom applications (like my nitrous setup, for instance).

I have both, and both do an admirable job but of the two, I like Sal's a little better. His is easier to upgrade (change out a chip on the board vs. sending the whole module back to Superchips) and the custom program works well w/my needs.

He also makes an intake tube and cone filter/prefilter setup for these trucks that is an absolute must-have. There are others to be had, but Sal's blows 'em all away. I can't give absolute hp numbers, but I peg my boost gauge about 1000 rpm sooner with the filter kit that w/the stock airbox (the airbox is really restricted).

There are numerous posts in the archives here and on other forums on F150 Online that go into much detail about all of the products mentioned here.

I can't say enough about Sal, and his expertise and efforts on our behalf, the guy is THE LIGHTNING GOD!

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
wyldman@houston.rr.com
Black 99.5 Lightning Build # 1273, DOB 5-14-99, NLOC #315
Best run to date 13.16 @104.8
CD Changer; Tow Pkg.; Lojack; Sal's custom nitrous chip; G-Tech/Pro; SnugLid; BedRug; Invinca-Shield, full kit; NOS KIT 80 hp shot (currently); Clear and smoke Lexan fog light covers; 3M Ti Window Tint; Bel radar detector (shouldn't be an accessory); PowerStack cone filter (a.k.a. supercharger waker upper); American Auto Designs ram air hood; Cal-Tracs traction bars

Old 12-16-1999, 07:12 AM
I also have Sal's filter-chip combo LOVE IT!. Hey BADASSVT please turn OFF the caps!

------------------
99' Black Bolt
PSP Filter
PSP Custom Chip
Clear Corner Lenses
SVT #3443

**Millions have seen Lightning
Few have ridden one**

[This message has been edited by Yoda (edited 12-16-1999).]

Old 12-16-1999, 01:53 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Dear BADASSSVT,

Please feel free to contact me for information on purchasing the Superchip Flip Chip.

It adds power at *all* throttle position, so it's a great improvement to overall driveability. It is backed by a Lifetime guarantee, and we also include toll-free Technical Support as well.

The Superchip adds a minimum of 25 hp at the rear wheels, firms up the shift characteristics of the automatic transmission, and increases the top speed of the Lightning by about 8 mph.

In addition, it is CARB-certified (the only one that is, to the best of my knowledge), and is 50-state emissions compliant.

Another part you will like very much for your Lightning is the Downs Ford intake setup. A lot of our Lightning customers are now using it, and everyone likes it very much.

You can reach us during normal business hours, 10 am to 7 pm Eastern, if you'd like further details on the Superchip.

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Quick Reply: WHAT EXACTLY IS THIS SUPER CHIP YOU ALL HAVE