Lightning

Red Beast (old PSP truck)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005 | 10:19 PM
|
Red Beast (old PSP truck)

I haven't seen anything yet on how or if it ran at Lfest???? ANYBODY?

Old 09-26-2005 | 10:34 PM
I remember Scott saying he was hitting the track like a week or two ago, but never saw a post on how it ran. Maybe he didn't go>??? -Mat-

Old 09-26-2005 | 10:35 PM
I think Scott had some problems with it, it surely didn't run up to its potential.

Rich

Old 09-26-2005 | 10:35 PM
Scott had some issues with it. He said with race gas in it, it was breaking up down the track. He did manage to run a 12.2 at 122mph, then realized the e-brake was on. He said once he put pump gas back in, it runs great. We suspect his race fuel was bad. He also wants to restall the converter higher to spool the turbo better off the line.

Old 09-26-2005 | 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by LightningTuner
Scott had some issues with it. He said with race gas in it, it was breaking up down the track. He did manage to run a 12.2 at 122mph, then realized the e-brake was on. He said once he put pump gas back in, it runs great. We suspect his race fuel was bad. He also wants to restall the converter higher to spool the turbo better off the line.
Sal i got my injectors and MAF im just waitin on the pumps from ya... first chance ya get bro send me that tune so i can get to you on the 12th... thanks cuz..

Old 09-27-2005 | 03:21 AM
How big is the converter thats in it now? I talked to Scott quite a bit and we all know that there is quite a bit left in the truck.

Turbos do rule the world, FYI though

Old 09-27-2005 | 06:49 AM
Originally Posted by Frank5L
I talked to Scott quite a bit and we all know that there is quite a bit left in the truck.

Turbos do rule the world, FYI though
Yes there is,
and WOW you really proved that this weekend didnt you

Old 09-27-2005 | 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by LightningTuner
He did manage to run a 12.2 at 122mph, then realized the e-brake was on.

With the ebrake on?? I always puts mine on, so its habbit to release it when I get in. Even when it is a non-L I still read down to where the ebrake release is on an L. Its kinda embarrasing sometimes.

31C

Old 09-27-2005 | 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by 31Charlie
. . . I always puts mine on, so its habbit to release it when I get in. . . .
Why? It's an emergency brake.

Especially in a vehicle with an auto tranny, which locks the driveline solidly when "P" is selected.

I have never used the e-brake on my truck. I'm not sure if it even works.

Old 09-27-2005 | 10:38 AM
Well I would of rather been coming here to say how well the Red Beast ran but today is not that day.
Had fuel issues through out the weekend. For some reason Red wouldnt run on the C-16 I bought. Tried it on both street and race programs but she just fell flat on her face each time out. I did empty out the race fuel and put some 92oct. in her and after running her around a bit she started to clear up. To bad it was after all of the fun was over.
I definetly need to restall the convertor. She needs to spool up if Im ever going to come off the line hard.
BTW the 122 mph was coughing all the way down the track and yes as embarassing as it is to say this yes I had the e brake on.

Reds got so much there, soon as I get these bugs worked out I will try again.

I know shes got more and soon enough she will shine!

Scott

Old 09-27-2005 | 11:12 AM
Dont worry I will be there with the Vid Camera when he gets her straightened out!!

Old 09-27-2005 | 11:30 AM
Originally Posted by Scott Dunn
Well I would of rather been coming here to say how well the Red Beast ran but today is not that day.
Had fuel issues through out the weekend. For some reason Red wouldnt run on the C-16 I bought. Tried it on both street and race programs but she just fell flat on her face each time out. I did empty out the race fuel and put some 92oct. in her and after running her around a bit she started to clear up. To bad it was after all of the fun was over.
I definetly need to restall the convertor. She needs to spool up if Im ever going to come off the line hard.
BTW the 122 mph was coughing all the way down the track and yes as embarassing as it is to say this yes I had the e brake on.

Reds got so much there, soon as I get these bugs worked out I will try again.

I know shes got more and soon enough she will shine!

Scott

If you where at L-Fest this weekend and bought your fuel at the track we where at, I don't believe they where selling C16. They where selling Sunoco. Also I would be real suspect of how they rated the octanes. They where selling that fuel below current distributer level costs. What that means is either they where selling old fuel and/or over rating it to the public. How this is done is by not using the true (R+M) divided by 2 method for an average rating.

It is not unusual for tracks to Bull***** racers about octane ratings. Buyer Beware...as they say .

I don't know how important to your tune a few octane is...but it is real likely that the fuel out there was not what you think it was.

Again....C16 is not a Sunoco product. The Sunoco Maximal is probably the closest to C16 in the Sunoco line.

Rocks

Last edited by 03LightninRocks; 09-27-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Old 09-27-2005 | 11:46 AM
I bought a 54 gallon drum from VP fuels. I opened it the day before L Fest. Im having a fuel sample sent to VP so they can test it and maybe get it replaced.

Old 09-27-2005 | 12:11 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Skelton
Why? It's an emergency brake.

Especially in a vehicle with an auto tranny, which locks the driveline solidly when "P" is selected.

I have never used the e-brake on my truck. I'm not sure if it even works.
You should use it every now and again. Using it takes some of the slack up and brings it back into adjustment. In an "emergency" you want to make sure it works.

Old 09-27-2005 | 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by Scott Dunn
I bought a 54 gallon drum from VP fuels. I opened it the day before L Fest. Im having a fuel sample sent to VP so they can test it and maybe get it replaced.

Oh man....that sucks. I have heard of people getting bad fuel from the distributer.

Rocks

Quick Reply: Red Beast (old PSP truck)