Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Exclamation Lightning EGR hose blown

Hello my fellow fortunate Lightning owners,
Just registered. Today, during yet another
kill (99 Slowverado), I blew the hose that
connects the top of the intake to the EGR
valve, I think. It's the webbed hose on the
driver side of the engine. blew at 2,800 miles. Going to the doctor tommorrow. Bone
stock right now. P.S. does the K&N filter
void the warrantee? Also you think offset crimson red racing stripes would look good on black?

------------------
99 Black Lightning, Born 8/99, received as gift, 9/25/99.

Old 12-17-1999 | 12:18 AM
As far as the K&N filter voiding the warranty it was pointed out that you have laws protecting you from such things, although if a dealer wanted to give you a hard time about it, it would probably have been more worth it just to remove the filter before going in for service.

Mike

P.S. Why did you choose the name "Tundra" on an F-150 message board, especially as a Lightning owner? If this is part of your real name my apologies . . .

------------------
99.5 Black Lightning
PowerSurge Cone Filter
JBA Jet-Hot coated headers
Flowmaster muffler
Watter Wetter
Lo-Jack

Old 12-17-1999 | 12:40 AM
Cool

Look where he's from. Thats my guess.

------------------
Red 99.5 Lightning,#0975,Born 5/6/99...Adopted 5/27/99 Chipped w/SuperChip Flipchip chip,Water Wetter, Mobil 1, Foglamp Covers, 13.573@101.08

Old 12-17-1999 | 01:14 AM
ahhh, that makes more sense! LOL

Mike

Old 12-17-1999 | 05:30 AM
|
Rest In Peace
From: anchorage, alaska, usa, north america, earth, solar system, milky way
Talking

Cool, my first reply. Makes me feel welcome. Well, I found out what that noise was, turns out my muffler got loose somehow when I punched the gas. Pretty sure that's the problem. I can easily move the muffler tips up and down, and upon further inspection I noticed a small gap where the muffler clamps on. I had the underbody sprayed so I think they did not torque it correctly, and did not quite do a complete job (on the spraying). I did not blow the EGR thing, it was just the heat shield that looked funny. I sure am glad I got the 6y/72k warrantee.

Current miles 2910
First oil change tommorrow

P.S. My username is my college nickname from Embry Riddle when I was there in 97. Yes from AK, and had to buy 17 inch winter wheels because there was not enough clearance from 16s. I hope my 16 inch spare will work.

------------------
99 Black Lightning, Born 8/99, received as gift, 9/25/99.

Old 12-17-1999 | 04:07 PM
Banned
just to let you all know,99 siverado s/b 5.3 are nothing to take lightly. from a start yes our lightnings will beat them but let me tell you.before getting my lightning, i needed a truck to pass time for the wait.mind you i waited over a year from allication. i had a 99 5.3 s/b with only flowmaster/hyper programmer/ litterally ripped out the thermostat because they didnt make one yet and they are now part of the housing.thats it .let me tell you on stock tires i was running 14.60s but i raced a lightning from 70mph to 128{as far as the programmer would let me go}and the lightning could not gain one inch, i swear to god! i then got off the highway at the tollbooth and we raced from a start to about the 1/8 mile and he was only inches ahead of me. i think the lightning has its fastest time through 2nd gear .all im saying is yes lightnings are fast but depending on the situation you all might be dissapointed so becareful. these chevys are pretty responsive to upgrades. also i mopped up some jerk in a 5.9rt dakota by miles just for him to tell me " i wasnt givin it all i got" ya right!!!!!!!!!!! i race all people and i dont give it all i got???????? thats why he was squeeling his little 17 inch tires
another silverado kill no offense!thats what he gets for givin the old bowtie the thumbs down!!!!

------------------
1999.5 LIGHTNING
WHITE #3700
DOB:8/99
CD CHANGER
TOWING PKG
TONNEAU CONER {FACT.}
STOCK
13.88ET
98.86MPH
NE DRAGWAY N.H.
SOON TO HAVE A SUPERCHIP AND FILTER HOPE TO RUN 13.49 THEN I WILL LEAVE IT ALONE

98 YAMAHA BLASTER
97 HONDA 600F3 WHT/BLK
99 VW BUG GREEN
TAYMIA SVT LIGHTNING
WHITE R/C TRUCK
USED CAR DEALER
SELF EMPLOYED
RAYMOND MACE
N.H.

Old 12-17-1999 | 06:25 PM
Banned
yup that right