Lightning

ba bolt, where is the place i can get premade chrome centers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-1999 | 08:56 PM
|
Banned
Post ba bolt, where is the place i can get premade chrome centers?

You said $35 a piece , where and what is the phone number? do they come done with the svt logo? any help would be great

Old 12-17-1999 | 11:28 PM
Talking

Hey BADASSSVT!!
Here you go with a photo of the center caps from the Tire Rack http://www.tirerack.com .

Just some additional information, the chrome process that is used to plate these parts are not your normal three step process (two step if you're Cheap). The process used here is much like the chrome plating on the Matel Barbie Cars. Play with it too much and it will rub off. Why do I say this, because if you go to the car washes you will see you center caps fading. In the photos what looks like a smudge is actually the residue from the mask which covered the SVT logo. Yea! They don't remove the centers when they plate this way. This is not a knock against The Tire Rack they are doing the best they can with a dificult process. You should see the caps that are done by some other vendors. So if you go this route it will cost you $140.00 plus shipping (less than 10 buck in the US). It's your call.

------------------
BABolt
SVT#290

[This message has been edited by BABolt (edited 12-18-1999).]

Old 12-17-1999 | 11:35 PM
|
Banned
Talking

that is great thank you so much!!!this is more than i expected for information.you guys really go into detail!.

Quick Reply: ba bolt, where is the place i can get premade chrome centers?