Lightning

Bill M. or any Bassani owner

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-1999 | 07:51 PM
|
Really Old "Member"
Evening Jim:

I am not equipped to do a wave thingie over the net, but I suppose I could make a sound video and send it to you. One of our model railroad suppliers accidentally sent us 100 15 minute videos of his train stuff and I use them to send quickie videos to my family.

If you have listened to a stock Lightning, they make almost no sound at all at idle and just the slightest "rumble" as you accelerate and then a nice mild noise at cruise. Hard to describe, but not aggressive at all. Kind of wimpy as many on the board have stated.

As far as I know, no one on this board has installed the full system yet. In my case, I have it as well as Sal's chip and air filter, but I am waiting for Bassani to supply the "super" gasket set. Ford's is known to be "suspect", and I myself have some exhaust leak noise which I believe is coming from the left cylinder head.

Another Lightning owner here in Atlanta is a tech at a local shop and is going to do the install. Once this is done, as I have stated elsewhere, I will dyno the Bolt and post those results as well as making some sort of video that may capture the sound.

The only other input I can offer is that in a telephone conversation with Bassani, the guy on the other end of the line said he had been chosen to drive the test truck because he lived about 50 miles from their plant. He said the sound was pretty awesome. Now, this comes from a California guy so I don't know.

We'll see, or hear.

------------------
Bill Murray
99.5 Lightning
Oxford White
Bedrug/ARE LSII lid

Tow Package CD Player
Superchip
HobbyTownUSA Graphics
Identical 1/10 Scale Tamiya RC Truck incl. graphics.
Truck interest e-mail:
fastwhitey@myf150.com
4 heavy decals!
Kennesaw (Atlanta) Ga.

Old 12-19-1999 | 11:24 PM
Since I have a computer in a room above my garage...i'm sure i could get a few waves with the new exhaust. i'm planning on making a cassette tape with the stock sound and then with the complete system...$5 a copy but if sound is what you're most interested in...it'd be a lot cheaper to just eliminate the stock muffler i know sometimes seeing/hearing is believing...but you gotta have faith.

Mr. Murray, haven't heard from you lately.?.

Old 12-20-1999 | 12:23 AM
Question Bill M. or any Bassani owner

Bill,
Is there any way you could put up a wave file of the exhuast sound? Or even a before and after once you get the Bassani installed. I am definately going to buy the entire exhaust soon, and want to make sure it is louder than the original.
Thanks in advance
Jim Bennett

------------------
'99 Red #2394, NLOC #342
Superchip, Black Rhino,
Window Tint

Quick Reply: Bill M. or any Bassani owner