Lightning

Calling Bill Murray

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-1999 | 08:15 AM
|
Talking Calling Bill Murray

Hi Bill:

You don't have your email address posted, and I was curious about something in one of your posts. You mentioned that you graduated from high school in California in 1957. I also graduated from high school in 1957 - good old hot rod town, Stockton, California, and was a member in good standing of the Vagabonds auto club. You remember those swinging metal, car club plaques, hanging from the back bumper. (-:

Where did you live?

------------------
Sandy (Spider) Scott
99 White Lightning

Old 12-20-1999 | 05:46 PM
Really Old "Member"
Cool

Hey Sandy:

I belonged to the Prowlers out of San Diego.
Graduated from Fallbrook High School. Fallbrook is a small farming/military town next to Camp Pendleton midway between LA and San Diego. This was also the home town of Dode Martin of the Martin/Nelson drag racing team and they worked on a couple of my cars.
Started with a Model A in Va., we transferred to Pendleton and I went through a '38 Olds Coupe, a '37 Chev Coach, '51 Merc 4 door, bought a new 59 Fiat 600 and then jumped to Buicks for a number of years. Had several '41s, a drag racer '37 Century, a 59 Convertible, also a drag racer G/Gas, it had two four barrels and a bunch of other stuff. It was classed low enough that I actually won a few races. What a barge!.

Now own the Bolt, 2 '56 F100s a 69 Belair 390/427/400 and a '69 C-10 Panel.

Live in Kennesaw, Ga. (Atlanta) E-mail is MOSTOYSINC@AOL.COM.

Let me hear from you, and yes the plaques were hung off the rear bumper. Wish I had kept mine.

Bill

------------------
Bill Murray
99.5 Lightning
Oxford White
Bedrug/ARE LSII lid

Tow Package CD Player
Superchip
HobbyTownUSA Graphics
Identical 1/10 Scale Tamiya RC Truck incl. graphics.
Truck interest e-mail:
fastwhitey@myf150.com
4 heavy decals!
Kennesaw (Atlanta) Ga.

Quick Reply: Calling Bill Murray