Lightning

lightning abuse by dealer

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-1999 | 09:46 PM
|
Unhappy lightning abuse by dealer

I was watching my local news (Detroit area) a couple nights ago when they ran a story on a L owner who took his L in for warranty work (didn't say what). It went in with 522 miles and came out a few weeks later with over 1100! Needless to say the owner was upset. The L had some minor damage from abusive driving and the dealer said they would fix it plus give the owner $1000.00 for his troubles. He said no way, he is taking them to court for a new truck. the dealer is trying to find the culprit who did this so they can be fired and prosecuted.The owner also got a letter from the sheriff stating his L was seen passing a school bus that had it's flashers on. he got out of that ticket with a call to the sheriff. Be careful of who works on your L and Merry Xmas to all.

------------------
*2000 white Lightning on order(she thinks it's hers)
*1999 silver Super-Duty Crew Cab(hers)
*1983 yellow Jeep J-10(his)

Old 12-19-1999 | 10:34 PM
Somebody get a rope!

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
wyldman@houston.rr.com
Black 99.5 Lightning Build # 1273, DOB 5-14-99, NLOC #315
Best run to date 13.16 @104.8
CD Changer; Tow Pkg.; Lojack; Sal's custom nitrous chip; G-Tech/Pro; SnugLid; BedRug; Invinca-Shield, full kit; NOS KIT 80 hp shot (currently); Clear and smoke Lexan fog light covers; 3M Ti Window Tint; Bel radar detector (shouldn't be an accessory); PowerStack cone filter (a.k.a. supercharger waker upper); American Auto Designs ram air hood; Cal-Tracs traction bars

Old 12-19-1999 | 10:35 PM
Banned
with a good lawyer sounds like he could probaly keep his lightning for free!

Old 12-20-1999 | 08:05 PM
This story reminds me of the posting I made a few weeks back regarding tow truck operators and the few who will abuse your vehicle while it is in their "care". My advise is to always look around before you need a tow in your local area, and pay the extra to designate who tows your toy. If you don't have a reputable company in mind when you need one, ie, scene of an accident, etc., your local law enforcement will pick one for you....someone like BillyBob Nosepicker, or worse, the cop's brother-in-law...........Merry Christmas !!

------------------
Mark Swaim
1999 Lightning (sold)
1997 Cobra (deceased)
1993 Cadillac Allante

Quick Reply: lightning abuse by dealer