Lightning

Boost Guage Installation

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-1999 | 09:21 PM
|
Post Boost Guage Installation

Hey guys/gals,
Got the Auto Meter Phantom boost guage in the other day. What is involved in installing it. Can a tie-in be made at the stock boost guage (wherever that is). Have not had a chance to look anything over, but would appreciate any help. Plan on installing it over the holidays.
PS: What brand/color of paint did ya'll use to paint the guage pod.
thanks

------------------
Jerrod Gross
99.5 White Lightning
#1414, May 19,1999
Snuglid, sprayed on bed liner, 8.84sec/79.8mph (1/8th)(before mods.)
SHM mass air/conical filter & chip

Old 12-20-1999 | 09:26 PM
Banned
if your gonna run it from your stock vacume line i think its the one that runs through the rubber boot on the firewall. you know the one we all run amplifier power cabe through

Old 12-20-1999 | 11:23 PM
You can tap into the factory boost hose directly over the gas pedal. It's a small black hard plastic hose that has a 90 deg rubber connector. Put a T connector where the 90 deg plastic connector that mates to the 2 rubber fittings. either get another rubber fitting to mate to the plastic hose that ships with the guage or use rubber vacuum line from the local parts store (that's what I did). Also, rather than taking the piller cover off I just notched the bottom of the pod and kept it ~ 1/2" above the dash. It hides the hose and light wiring (use the green light cover, it blends real nice with the dash at night) without cutting the L's interior.

I left the pod black and it looks fine. there's so much black in the truck already that it blends in. More than one person has asked me if it came that way from the factory.

------------------
Mark Whatman
mwhatman@worldnet.att.net
  • 99.5 White Lightning (stock)
  • 99 Buell S3 Thunderbolt (not stock!)
  • 98 F-150 Lariat (Flowmaster)
  • 96 26' Velocity Offshore Race Boat (far from stock!!!)

Old 12-21-1999 | 07:22 AM
|
Thanks fellows,
This is the best message board out there. You guys are always very helpful and will to share the knowledge with the group. Thanks again.

------------------
Jerrod Gross
99.5 White Lightning
#1414, May 19,1999
Snuglid, sprayed on bed liner, 8.84sec/79.8mph (1/8th)(before mods.)
SHM mass air/conical filter & chip

Quick Reply: Boost Guage Installation