Lightning

Results in on the ported Steige blower

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005 | 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by tallimeca
Most trucks need to be retuned after a port. On average, the port will lean the a/f out almost a full point. Especially these awsome new ports. Thinking of selling my blower (only 20k miles on it) for a newer ported.
I went from a 11.2 a/f to a 12.1 with my port. Same pulley combo.

Bob STeig. told me that his observation was that his port did not affect the A/F. It probably depends how much boost you are running. At near stock levels, the PCM can probably compensate for it. What boost levels are you?

TB

Old 10-08-2005 | 06:11 PM
|
Originally Posted by SMOKINTRUCK#1
Are we talking stock block here ?

Yes stock block. No worries.

Old 10-08-2005 | 06:13 PM
|
Originally Posted by TrackBeast
Everytime I see a before and after comparison, the mods have been changed. (pullies, tune...)

Has anyone ever done the port on a bone stock truck and not touched anything to show the actual gains of just the port?

TB
Everything remained the same on my truck except for the new 90mmMAF and of course the ported blower and a new tune. Same pulley.

Old 10-09-2005 | 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by typhoon43
Dave you upped your boost 4 pounds and went alky. I'd almost expect you to make those numbers without the port..
Just my .02 cents.
I live only about a mile form Steigemeyer Porting and I had them do the tune on the truck and setup the alky kit. with no tune the truck pulled 430hp and 517 tq no alky but the cell temp was aroud 65 degree and very low humidity around 40 percent. He's begging me to come back and make a cool weather run, however at WOT in the cooler air 60's and below the boost goes over 18psi, so I have pulled out 4 pounds of boost to stay on the safe side. He told me that in the same conditions as the first run it would have made soemwhere around 510hp-560tq. The alky is setup 50-50 with water and the 375 nozzel at 80psi on the pump, I know that I coud get more power runinng pure alky but with the summer temps around here I want a little insurance with the motor as it is stock. w/o the port the truck pulled 382hp 470tq in 81 degree weather at 35 percent humidity however the motor was a bit lean.

I was talking with Bob and he said that my truck was the hardest boosting and the best running that they have ever worked on. I am now running a 93 octane SCT Flash tune setup for alky and a lose about 5 hp and 20 tq off the alky on the 93 no alky tune.

Dave

Old 10-12-2005 | 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by LTNDave
I live only about a mile form Steigemeyer Porting and I had them do the tune on the truck and setup the alky kit. with no tune the truck pulled 430hp and 517 tq no alky but the cell temp was aroud 65 degree and very low humidity around 40 percent. He's begging me to come back and make a cool weather run, however at WOT in the cooler air 60's and below the boost goes over 18psi, so I have pulled out 4 pounds of boost to stay on the safe side. He told me that in the same conditions as the first run it would have made soemwhere around 510hp-560tq. The alky is setup 50-50 with water and the 375 nozzel at 80psi on the pump, I know that I coud get more power runinng pure alky but with the summer temps around here I want a little insurance with the motor as it is stock. w/o the port the truck pulled 382hp 470tq in 81 degree weather at 35 percent humidity however the motor was a bit lean.

I was talking with Bob and he said that my truck was the hardest boosting and the best running that they have ever worked on. I am now running a 93 octane SCT Flash tune setup for alky and a lose about 5 hp and 20 tq off the alky on the 93 no alky tune.

Dave

Any Ideas on the noise I was questioning in my first post- seems to be from the nose section and goes away as the supercharger warms up to full temp.

Old 10-12-2005 | 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by LTNDave
Any Ideas on the noise I was questioning in my first post- seems to be from the nose section and goes away as the supercharger warms up to full temp.
if it "goes away" when it warms up, then it's not a problem to worry about, IMHO.

-Mike

Old 10-12-2005 | 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by jboss10
Rob,

Take a look at the new numbers!! The SAE conversion had me at 443 and 523TQ. The STD was 451 and 533TQ. I will go with the STD numbers!!

I have a dyno sheet of the run in my other post "2nd run on the ported blower"
With a 6# and Stieg port I laid down 450/530. Those are corrected 10% up from a Mustang Dyno to equal dynojet values.
I think it's safe to assume that our power #s are the norm with a Stieg port and 4/6# lower.

Quick Reply: Results in on the ported Steige blower