Lightning

Boost Guage info and a question/P.S. 99SVT

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-1999 | 01:20 AM
|
Post Boost Guage info and a question/P.S. 99SVT

High Jerrod, I just put my Auto Meter Phantom boost guage in today and I remember you wanted to know what product to paint you pod with. I use a paint from a company call SEM. First I used this stuff thats called Plastic Prep Sem # 38353 Followed by Sem # 15393 its called Medium gray. Its a little darker then the stock color but in most light its looks the same. I have a question for you. How do I hook up the power for the light in my guage? What should I tap into, and where? THANKS Herb

Old 12-26-1999 | 10:05 PM
Hey Herb,
Sorry for the late reply. Been out of town since Wednesday for the holidays. Thanks for the paint color #'s. As for power, I would say to tie into the wires coming from the fuse block for the parking light. Did not get a chance to install it over the holidays but that would be my best bet.

------------------
Jerrod Gross
99.5 White Lightning
#1414, May 19,1999
Snuglid, sprayed on bed liner, 8.84sec/79.8mph (1/8th)(before mods.)
SHM mass air/conical filter & chip

Old 12-26-1999 | 11:02 PM
Quick wiring help here.

If you want the light to be a constant 12v (does not dim with the dimmer switch) whenever the lights are on, you can grab the dark brown wire that comes up to the unused plug at the bottom of the dash on the drivers side (right side). That’s the easily place to grab the parking light circuit.
(I know this to be a fact its where I found the parking light circuit for my car starter.)

I believe the dimmer controlled switch wire in fords is still a blue with red trace. It can be found at almost any instrument console plug.

Confirm your connection with a digital voltmeter...

PS. The green wire in the above mentioned plug is the brake wire, goes 12v + when ever the brake is pressed... sometimes nice to use for a NOS override...

------------------
* 99.5 Black Lightning
* Factory CD Changer
* Class 3 Towing Hitch
* Factory Tonneau Cover
* 8" Bazooka Tubs
* Kenwood 80 watt *2 amp
* 50% Window Tint
* Viper 550 Alarm w/ remort start
* 98 Yamaha Banshee w/ Toomey T5 Chrome pipes often found in the bed..

Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown. 99 Lightning, the best of both worlds!

Old 12-26-1999 | 11:45 PM
|
Hey thanks Jerrod, SVT2GO. I got power from the Dimmer Switch.

Quick Reply: Boost Guage info and a question/P.S. 99SVT