Lightning

Price this L...

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005 | 10:45 PM
|
Price this L...

Looking at a silver '04 with 9,800 miles on it. Dealer wants $29,xxx I want to pay more like $25K. What do you guys think? Does $25K sound reasonable?

Old 10-08-2005 | 01:28 AM
Make your offer ....

These things are not one of a kind... but they are also not in production anymore...

How bad do you want it...?

I have a modded '03... that I bought new.... I wouldn't part with it for less than 35K, a couple thousand more than I paid for it..... It's mine... It's in my garage... And..... it's paid for.

And although others would laugh and say... it's not worth that......

It's in my garage and I get to drive it any day I want ....

So it gets down to this... How bad do you want it..? Only you can decide what it is worth. The satisfaction of owning a L is only understood once you have driven one.

Your mileage may vary...

Disclaimer: No part of this document may be reproduced by any means without the written permission of Rustysocket. No fur-bearing animals were harmed during the creation of this document. Allergy alert: may contain nutmeg, but I doubt it. Return for refund where applicable. Not recommended for persons with sugar-restricted diets. Batteries are included -- best of luck finding them. Proud sponsor of the 1934 penguin olympic games at McMurdo Sound, Antarctica. May cause irritability, sleeplessness or warts after prolonged use. Contents under pressure. BHT added to preserve freshness. Caution: this product has caused some laboratory rats to rip through their cages, fly across the room and brutally murder hundreds of innocent people. Shake well before using. No vacuum tubes or other user-serviceable parts inside. Not to be combined with other radioisotopes except under the advice of a physician. Avoid prolonged exposure to ultraviolet light. The truth is out there. Use no hooks. Not intended for use by children or liberals under the age of five. Printed on unrecycled dead trees and we're proud of it.

Old 10-08-2005 | 04:39 AM
I think 25-26k sounds reasonable. not 29, considering that's the price most people picked theirs up new for.

....esp. with gas prices nowadays.... these things (suvs/trucks) don't sell as well

-Mike

Old 10-08-2005 | 11:06 AM
I was looking through autotrader.com the other day and saw several 04 L's all low miles priced over 30k. one was at 35k. That don't mean they are selling, but the starting price tells you something.

Old 10-08-2005 | 11:27 AM
Supply and demand...

Very limited supply, not sure what the demand is.

If I sold my 03 L it wouldn't be sold for less then $35k plus. It may have 4,400 miles on it but I have no intentions on ever selling it...

Old 10-08-2005 | 12:18 PM
Not that this is the end all for pricing but,

Kelly's Blue book puts it at 29,800 for private party value
http://www.kbb.com/

Old 10-08-2005 | 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by Red03SVT
I think 25-26k sounds reasonable. not 29, considering that's the price most people picked theirs up new for.

....esp. with gas prices nowadays.... these things (suvs/trucks) don't sell as well

-Mike
I don't believe that fuel mileage would come into play too much as to the selling price. Somebody that wants a performance truck most likely has already taken the mpg into account. Those people that are influenced by the mpg for our trucks, probably wouldn't be competed sales anyhow. In my humble opinion they are not enthusiast's.

The same thing could be said for lumping our performance trucks into the regular truck/suv category. Case in point. ME. I own both and bought them for completely different reasons. One is for me the other for my wife and kids. A happy wife is a happy husband.

Old 10-09-2005 | 11:49 AM
|
Well, it was stock, except for magnaflow..Took it for a test drive, loved it of course but I didn't make an offer. It had a few dings and I'm really looking for sonic blue. What I was amazed about, I've called at least 50 dealerships in So. California and found 6 lightnings! No sonic blue's..I called this place up and they had 3 (1 silver '04, 1 Red '04, and 1 silv. '02)!

I decided to pass on it, based on its condition and color. Something else I was surprised about was the exhaust wasn't all that loud. Can you guys with Magna flow and bassani chime in...I was expecting it to be much louder. Not too loud, but I mean my buddy's silverado with flowmaster is much louder than this one was. Is that just how magna flow is? Is bassani louder??? The magna flow sounded pretty close to stock to me.

I'm really looking for a '04 Sonic with 10K or less on it. I don't want to go out of state to get it either. Any one seen one out there in CA?!?!?!

Old 10-09-2005 | 01:19 PM
So Cal dealers like to gouge you on the L's. I went to one dealership in San Bernardino and they were charging $37k for an '04 L with 9k on the odo. The price wasn't on the truck, I had to ask. I about choked when he said 37K. I asked how they could charge that much. His response was that it was a good price. I informed him of the price new, and he really didn't care. I made an offer of $27k and he laughed. So I left. I wonder if it's still there. It's DSG.

I found a Black L that I'm going to go look at. It's got 44k miles on the odo and they are asking $24,995. Maybe I'll offer $22k-ish. I really want Black.

Old 10-09-2005 | 03:09 PM
Well, no matter what you buy, you could always MAKE IT sonic blue

Old 10-09-2005 | 05:25 PM
|
Originally Posted by thereisnospoon
Well, no matter what you buy, you could always MAKE IT sonic blue
Very true but that means extra $$$$ and with these dealers in so cal asking msrp on used L's it's outrageous!

Oh, and the dealer was asking 32,xxx before he checkep KBB and changed it to 29,xxx

Old 10-10-2005 | 09:05 PM
I have mine for sale if you are interested. Its not blue but it is a shinny 04 black L, $27xxx close to 9k on the clock.

Old 10-10-2005 | 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by fordrocks
I have mine for sale if you are interested. Its not blue but it is a shinny 04 black L, $27xxx close to 9k on the clock.
Now THERE'S a deal I wish I had money for!

Old 10-10-2005 | 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by thereisnospoon
Now THERE'S a deal I wish I had money for!
I second that, my cousin bought a 03 with wayyyyyyyyyy more miles than that for 28K

Old 10-10-2005 | 11:31 PM
I ended up at 28k on the '04 I picked up in August. It had 7900mi. I searched online for Ls in my area, and I got the only one with in 100mi. with reasonable miles on it. I would have liked DSG but the silver has really grown on me.

Quick Reply: Price this L...