Lightning

THE LATEST MAXIM (sorry for the caps)

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-1999, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up THE LATEST MAXIM (sorry for the caps)

Page 24 in the latest maxim (january 2000)
has a letter from one Christy Ann Bubeck in Aurora, CO. Christy, are you on this board?

For those unfortunate enough to not have a subscription, here is the letter:

A Great Pickup
I'm a female who loves your magazine because it makes me laugh (everyone knows that's the way to a woman's heart). But I also happen to love cars. As well as two Mustangs, I own a '99 Ford F150 Lightning SVT, like the one pictured in your "Thrill Rides" feature. This pickup truck's one of the hottest, sexiest machines on the road; it's hardly a "redneck rocket", as you put it. Let me know if you want to argue about it. You'll have to catch me first.
Christy Ann Bubeck
Aurora, CO

Old 12-27-1999, 09:57 PM
Thats sweet, I read the mag, buy it on occation, but I remember that article, I was still a good reveiw.

Old 12-28-1999, 11:02 AM
Smile

Hey ) It's me, Christy Ann...I was surprised that Maxim printed that letter, but it seems to have gained my truck and myself some recognition. If anybody is going to be out in Denver this summer come on down to the track. I'll be running Saturday nights and with my mods hopefully I'll break into the 11s....If nothing else....I'll settle for low 12s....this year. And for those of you who are going to be in St Louis for World Ford Challenge, hope to see you there. Keep in mind I'm a travel agent...So I could show up anywhere with my baby. Also, feel free to email me at RookzRook@aol.com and put SVT in the subject line. Thanks for the support.

------------------
Christy Ann
WhiteLightninSVT

Old 12-28-1999, 02:55 PM
PFA
Hey Christy Ann,
Welcome to the board! Can you list your mods you have done to your Lightning. We'd all be curious on your method of getting to the 11's.

------------------
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
PFA
'99 WHITE LIGHTNIN'
#0873--1 of 866--
RHINO, Soft cover
LoJack
Valentine 1
Mobil 1
Superchip
Water Wetter
Phantom Boost Gauge
Best ET to date-13.54 @101.51MPH--10/29/99
best MPH to date-102.33

'98 Red Lincoln Continental

Old 12-28-1999, 03:16 PM
WOW, 11's in denver, is 10's to us flatlanders.

Old 12-28-1999, 03:51 PM
Sure...I'm working in part with Burt Arapahoe Ford, which is my SVT dealership here in Denver and Downs Ford in Toms River NJ. The only listed mods I could find were in MM FF from Downs. They are one of the biggest suppliers for SVT parts in the country. Currently they are the only ones offering the new blower pulleys that we could find. They should be released in mid to late Jan. and should be offering 2-3 more lbs of boost. I have also ordered the Cowl hood from them. I am also working with the guys down at Maximum Performance in Lakewood CO. They will be doing my custom exhaust and once the hood, the pulleys and the exhaust system are in place they will be working with a jet engine company *I wrote the name down...I'll have to find it* in order to have a custom chip made for my mods. I am also hoping to get sponsorship from my dealer....I'll keep you updated on how that is coming too. *Hey free drag radials and race cards are free, ya know* Any ideas on what type of exhaust y'all would go with ? I have now pictures of the truck if you want to see. Like I said feel free to email me at RookzRook@aol.com with SVT in the subject line. *Also, keep in mind that this was a truck running 13.56@101, yes, in Denver, stock.* So wish me luck.

------------------
Christy Ann
WhiteLightninSVT

Old 12-28-1999, 10:33 PM
Finally a woman with a Lightning shows up!!! Welcome to the board! How did you hear about the board, or have you been a "lurker" (been reading posts but doesnt reply to any)? Well anyways 11's hu, good luck! You have to keep us posted on your mods & times. BTW you need to shoot a letter over to "Sport Truck" (I am using the term "sport" & that magazine very loosely now)a nice little letter on how they can choose the Dakota over the Lightning as the 2000 sport truck of the year!! Whats up with that?!?! It looks better, handles better, & will KILL it in a race! Arnt those the "defining" terms off a sport truck? Sorry just venting frustration over that article, I know back to my corner again.

------------------
99' SVT Black Bolt #3443
330.0 cid All Blown

Engine Mods
PSP Filter
PSP Custom Chip

Other Mods
Clear Corner Lenses
Painted Calipers

**Millions have seen Lightning
Few have ridden one**

Old 12-28-1999, 10:55 PM
Banned
im with ya yoda, im mad about it. i doubt they will print my mail i let them have it! how can you compare a grocery getter to a lightning????????????????????

Old 12-28-1999, 11:45 PM
Welcome to the board.

Last edited by 2000Silverbulletonorder; 06-21-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-29-1999, 01:46 AM
Thumbs up

Hey guys and gals.. I guess this is a good to introduce myself again.
I've been lurking around on here for a while now and only posted one time. I have a red 94 Lightning that is mostly stock and I don't have plans to sink a bunch of money into it.. It's sole purpose is for towing my 92 Mustang (my money pit).

Anyway, my point is... I'm another female Lightning lover.
BTW, Hi Rookz!

Trace
#513 in 94
NLOC #351

Old 12-29-1999, 07:04 AM
Welcome, glad you introduced yourself!

Old 12-29-1999, 10:34 AM
Wink

Yoda, hehe ya think we should challenge their Dakota to a little heads up? I doubt they would bite. But it would be interesting to see if they will respond, we'll see what we can do and I'll post if they do...I'll tell you what though....I am amazed at how many *car enthusiasts* have no idea what I am talking about when I refer to MY LIGHTNING, not just online, but when I was looking for a speed shop too. I was blown away. As for 11's, well, like I said, we will just have to see. In a way I am very hopeful, but still I am also dreading the idea of a roll cage or sandbagging. As far as running in Denver's altitude, it doesn't make near as much difference in my Light as it does in my carbed Mustang. But I still refuse to bottle my truck. So you are right 11s without a bottle would be pretty dang cool, but 13s stock is not something you would have had an easy time of convincing me of after looking at this monster too. Like I said I will keep you all updated if you don't mind and no matter what I pull I'll be happy I didn't blow anything up *hehe* and I'll always be proud to be in company of the few 99 Lightning owners that there are. BTW what's up Trace doll, LTNS hehe.
Later Gators.

------------------
Christy Ann
WhiteLightninSVT

Old 12-29-1999, 10:52 AM
Guys, on the "elevation" issue, blowers minimize the altitude effect. 8 psi of boost at 4000 ft means that the engine is receiving the exact same amount of oxygen as an engine at sea-level that's getting 8 lbs of boost. Remember, this system is open to atmosphere so that's an absolute reading. Notice the similarities in Christy's time and PFA's time posted right above it? (Not detracting anything from Christy's truck. 13.50s in a stock anything that weighs 4500+ lbs is just mind boggling. I probably had $5000 in my truck before I ran 13.50s)

A naturally aspirated engine uses the "air column" above the engine to cram air into the comustion chamber. At sea-level that column weights 14.7 lbs per square inch. I don't know what it weighs in Denver, but it's less and that's why naturally aspirated cars run slower at altitude. Cram air into an engine with a supercharger or turbocharger and it's a whole different ballgame. (Just ask the Germans in WWII - they developed nitrous oxide, too)

Steven, you're absolutely right about the necessary hp level to run 11s. Estimated crank hp based on ET and mph for my 11 sec truck is 662 at the crank, or over 500 at the rear wheels.

Christy has been really fired up about her truck (to the point of talking smack to Jason Brown, whose truck ran 9.05@153 last year ::grin: so I'm watching with great interest what she's able to do. Can't wait to see her make some passes at the World Ford Challenge! St Louis is definitely at a lower elevation than Denver. :-))

And you guys remember the Mustang-driving woman I waxed eloquent about in another thread? Well, that'd be Trace. :-)

BTW, Downs Ford is a NLOC discounter.

Later!
Jeff S.
SVT Lightning #74 in '95
11.92@115.2 on radials, driven daily
http://nloc.org

Old 12-29-1999, 01:10 PM
"8 psi of boost at 4000 ft means that the engine is receiving the exact same amount of oxygen as an engine at sea-level that's getting 8 lbs of boost. Remember, this system is open to atmosphere so that's an absolute reading"
Not trying to start an arguement, but:

Standard sea level pressure is 29.92 inches
S/C boost is around 16.28 inches
Boosted pressure (what the intercooler see) is therefore 46.2 inches

Denver (4000?) pressure is 25.92
S/C boost is around 16.28 inches
Boosted pressure (what the intercooler see) is therefore 42.2 inches
No, its a relative reading, it is 8 (ie) psi higher than ambiant.

Old 12-29-1999, 01:42 PM
You're talking about an open system, so PSIG equals PSIA. Gauge and Absolute are only different on closed systems.

Later!
Jeff S.
Yadda yadda yadda

Quick Reply: THE LATEST MAXIM (sorry for the caps)