Lightning

So the shop doing my Roush suspension just called me...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2005 | 05:31 PM
|
Question So the shop doing my Roush suspension just called me...

and said everything was good with the install but it was a big PITA for the alignment. My truck has 18,000 miles and has always kind of pulled right. Its been aligned by Ford and a tire shop but it has always come back. The shop guy said he aligned, took it out, drove perfectly straight, applied the brake and it started pulling right. He looked at my tires and the passenger side front seems to have much more brake dust build up then the other 4 tires.

He thinks that caliper is hanging and thats what is making it always go right. What do you folks think?

Old 10-08-2005 | 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by RhinoSlug
and said everything was good with the install but it was a big PITA for the alignment. My truck has 18,000 miles and has always kind of pulled right. Its been aligned by Ford and a tire shop but it has always come back. The shop guy said he aligned, took it out, drove perfectly straight, applied the brake and it started pulling right. He looked at my tires and the passenger side front seems to have much more brake dust build up then the other 4 tires.

He thinks that caliper is hanging and thats what is making it always go right. What do you folks think?
Happened to me on my Yukon.. same thing you described.

Old 10-08-2005 | 05:55 PM
|
...and replacing the caliper fixed it?

Old 10-08-2005 | 06:17 PM
yes it is possible the only way to tell is to remove the pads and compare the wear.. it most likey is a bad caliper..

Old 10-08-2005 | 06:17 PM
A buddy an I put the Roush kit in mine last weekend - The alignment was good before and was damn close after - no PITA here.

Did you get the cam bolts ? Were they installed correctly ? Did they remove the factory shims before installing them ??

Heres the tool we used

And the results

Doug

Old 10-08-2005 | 06:56 PM
Make sure the slides on the claiper are free and lubed with anti seize. If they hang up they will make your brakes hang up.I would check that first before changing out your calipers.

Old 10-08-2005 | 08:49 PM
Have you checked the driver's side brake line, calipers, rotors, pads? If anything is faulty, the pull to the right could be the passenger side over compensating. I've read about a few cases like that on here.

Try doing a search on 'pulling to the right'.

Hope you get it ironed out so you can fully enjoy the new setup. Gremlins suck.

Dan

Old 10-10-2005 | 02:24 AM
I just got my truck aligned correctly after 2 other shops couldn't get it right. The first shop had it a total of seven times (total of 16 hours) and I got my money back for the alignment because it pulled to the right every time. The second shop was a chassis shop and they aligned it twice, same story but no money back. The little game cost me my F1's up front (shot after 8 months) while both shops guaranteed me that I would not wear the inside of the tires unevenly anymore. I finally took it to a shop that had me sit my 250 lb butt in the truck while they aligned it. They got it right on the money the first time. Truck drives perfectly straight now and does not pull either way . Hope this helps.

Cesar

Quick Reply: So the shop doing my Roush suspension just called me...