Lightning

Eaton rotors and bearings

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005 | 07:21 PM
|
Eaton rotors and bearings

I got my eaton appart. The rotors are peeling and i have a bad bearing. I was wondering what everyone was doing about their rotors (stripping them or re coating). Also, How do i remove the front and rear bearings. I have rebuilt alot of things, but a supercharger aint one.

Old 10-10-2005 | 07:40 PM
You will need a bearing puller the press style works best to get the rear bearings out.
The front bearings on the rotor pack are a bigger job than you think. You will need to mark the timing of the gears in relation to the rotor shafts to have the rotors in time again when you put it back together. Also the gears are matched ground so they will need to be marked to get the gears to mate up again.

While you're in there replace the front seals on the gearbox.

Good luck,

Peace,

Suavy

Old 10-10-2005 | 07:57 PM
|
thanks man thats what i need to know. Also I was jsut inspecting my case and i noticed several scratches in the case that i can hang my nail in. What are the approx tolerances for the case. Also I assume that the timing gears press off.

Arren

Old 10-10-2005 | 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by moses Black 01'
thanks man thats what i need to know. Also I was jsut inspecting my case and i noticed several scratches in the case that i can hang my nail in. What are the approx tolerances for the case. Also I assume that the timing gears press off.

Arren

Yes the timing gears press off and I use a 1 ton shop press to do mine.

There should be a .003" clearance between the top of the rotor fin and the case.

Peace,

Suavy

Quick Reply: Eaton rotors and bearings