Lightning

Added the JDM Silver Bullet to my "L"

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005 | 11:01 AM
|
Added the JDM Silver Bullet to my "L"

Hey everyone, id like to first off thank Jim Jr. at JDM for holding the last Silver Bullet exhaust for me that he had in stock.. i installed it lastnight at a ford dealership where my buddy works as a tech, so yea i had access to a lift.. i just want you to know that i previously had the single muffler magnaflow setup and it was loud and kinda raspy at times.. even though the silver bullet still uses magnaflow mufflers they are using the bullet style with an external x-pipe instead of the single mufflers internal.. anyway the truck sounds real mean, it has a nice mellow tone at low RPMs and at high RPMs it has this mean throughty sound that is just too cool not to have.. im very pleased with it and cant wait to hear scream on the dyno tomorrow at PSP.. hopefully JDM Day is still in effect i know Jim Sr. wants to see how the weather goes today so he can make his decision for friday.. ill be looking forward to seeing all who can make it..

Old 10-11-2005 | 11:13 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Hostile03SVT
Hey everyone, id like to first off thank Jim Jr. at JDM for holding the last Silver Bullet exhaust for me that he had in stock.. i installed it lastnight at a ford dealership where my buddy works as a tech, so yea i had access to a lift.. i just want you to know that i previously had the single muffler magnaflow setup and it was loud and kinda raspy at times.. even though the silver bullet still uses magnaflow mufflers they are using the bullet style with an external x-pipe instead of the single mufflers internal.. anyway the truck sounds real mean, it has a nice mellow tone at low RPMs and at high RPMs it has this mean throughty sound that is just too cool not to have.. im very pleased with it and cant wait to hear scream on the dyno tomorrow at PSP.. hopefully JDM Day is still in effect i know Jim Sr. wants to see how the weather goes today so he can make his decision for friday.. ill be looking forward to seeing all who can make it..

Glad to hear everything worked out! I missed you yesterday, guess you came by on my lunch break.

JimIII

Old 10-11-2005 | 11:22 AM
|
LOL yeah Jim i was expecting some baked ziti and meatballs waiting for me when i got there.. but its ok, hey ya didnt tell me the hangers where missing though, but it wasnt a problem my friend happens to be a master tech which also means hes a pretty good welder so we made some adjustments and made some parts that i think even you guys would be impressed with.. but hey everything works great and sounds great, thank you again and i hope to see you guys on friday..

Old 10-11-2005 | 11:40 AM
It's about time.. I told you!

Old 10-11-2005 | 12:02 PM
Sounds good man. I have been thinking about buying one for a while. I just havent done it yet. Glad you are happy with it!

31C

Old 10-11-2005 | 04:31 PM
Hostile, what modle No. are the mufflers?

Peace,

Suavy

Old 10-11-2005 | 04:59 PM
|
Originally Posted by Suavy
Hostile, what modle No. are the mufflers?

Peace,

Suavy
Suavy, they did not have numbers on them when i looked..

Old 10-11-2005 | 05:24 PM
Suavy, they did not have numbers on them when i looked..

I looked on the Magnaflow web site and they did not list a silver bullet.

God Bless,

Suavy

Old 10-11-2005 | 05:57 PM
|
Originally Posted by Suavy
I looked on the Magnaflow web site and they did not list a silver bullet.

God Bless,

Suavy
cooks makes the x-pipe and tailpipes for them it is a system that JDM came up with, and now dynatech also has it but JDM calls it the silver bullet.. if you go to RPMOUTLET.com you can find the dynatech setup and it is the same exact system except JDM uses 4"tips.. the other uses 3.5"tips.. here is a link for the dynatech.. hope this helps..
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/lightdyna.htm

Old 10-11-2005 | 07:04 PM
cooks makes the x-pipe and tailpipes for them it is a system that JDM came up with, and now dynatech also has it but JDM calls it the silver bullet.. if you go to RPMOUTLET.com you can find the dynatech setup and it is the same exact system except JDM uses 4"tips.. the other uses 3.5"tips.. here is a link for the dynatech.. hope this helps..
http://www.rpmoutlet.com/lightdyna.htm

Thanks allot!

Old 10-11-2005 | 07:22 PM
I call your old system FOR FREE

CONGRATS Rich
WHERES THE PICTURES ??? hehehehe
I'll try and make it down to see you tomorrow ;o)
If not call me at work and we'll hook up for lunch
(or something)

Old 10-11-2005 | 07:26 PM
Het Rich, I bet it sounds mean. I run the Full JDM system and love the sound. I was shocked to hear the volume difference with the new heads and cams. Much deeper and significantly louder.
The lope of the JDM stage 3 street cams is intoxicating. I sometimes wish I had no cats to hear the full effect, but know it would be too loud on the streets.
What header and cat combo do you run?
Jim

Old 10-11-2005 | 08:27 PM
The mufflers they use (if you want to call them mufflers)are Magnapaks.

God I love my exhaust set up too.

Kooks LT High flow cats(empty) with the silver bullets.

Old 10-11-2005 | 08:32 PM
|
Originally Posted by Ct.TOPGUN
Het Rich, I bet it sounds mean. I run the Full JDM system and love the sound. I was shocked to hear the volume difference with the new heads and cams. Much deeper and significantly louder.
The lope of the JDM stage 3 street cams is intoxicating. I sometimes wish I had no cats to hear the full effect, but know it would be too loud on the streets.
What header and cat combo do you run?
Jim
hey Jim good to hear from ya pal.. im running the Dynatech headers and Dynatech high flow cats..

Old 10-13-2005 | 04:19 PM
I loved going from the Magnaflow single to the twin bullet style system. LOUD and mean.

Quick Reply: Added the JDM Silver Bullet to my "L"