Lightning

New Dyno #'s are looking better, Thanks Sal

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005 | 11:50 PM
|
New Dyno #'s are looking better, Thanks Sal

Nothing crazy I know, but we all know I am never going to match the L's with Heads, Cams, and Springs. ( although I do have 150 HP of N20 too ) hehehehe,

anyways
Sal installed an electric Fan and we both decided why not throw a SCT BA-2400 on it too. So Sal worked his magic and re-tuned it from scratch, I left him the truck and didnt bother him for days, hehehehehe, and......
WOO HOO things are looking good. I am VERY HAPPY with the results, especially since the original plan since day one was 480-500 HP and 600 Tq off spray, we achieved 470/615, (remember we build a n20 motor and aint even started having fun YET; o ) I consider it a success yet somehow think cams and springs this winter would make it even better, hehehehehehe
Thank You Sal and PSP God knows I've driven you crazy....

He made like 7 pulls and all were identical, the power and AF is extremly consistant run after run, Great Job Sal, THANK YOU. He's going to hang on to it a day or two more, drive it around a little on the street, and I'll have it back by the weekend to start getting ready for JDM Day, WOO HOO
Here Gator Gator....... ah ha ha

Run file 36 (Green and Green) was too aggressive, and had an AF above 12,
well call that the starting point, Run file 42 (Red and Blue) is my new DD 93 octane program. (not a race program, not a high octane program, just my normal 24/7 street gas program) Hey we have to be like Gator you know, we have secretes too, (and a little something something in the way of 150 more HP ; o )

Bottom line I picked up a good 20-30 HP and 20-30 Ft Lbs of Tq compared to my previous numbers. WHY DIDNT YOU SOB'S TALK ME INTO AN ELECTRIC FAN SOONER )@$(%@)($%@)$%^@$)@%$()@$%)@$%)@$%)@$^%)@$ hehehehehehe
THANKS SAL, AWESOME JOB BUDDY

Old 10-12-2005 | 12:05 AM
looking good rob cant wait to see results on the 150shot at jdm day

Old 10-12-2005 | 12:10 AM
Congrats brotha man, and to Sal.... nice work..

Old 10-12-2005 | 12:12 AM
Nice! Air/Fuel looks great. Can't wait to see that beast on some spray

Old 10-12-2005 | 12:19 AM
Damnit Rob, get your bucket out of there so Grey can get dyno'd...

Old 10-12-2005 | 12:45 AM
That's awesome...
Your torque looks great!

Sal sprinkled some magic pixie dust on my truck last Sat and got me 577/640 off the bottle. Your torque isn't that far away from mine!

Congrats... I'm pulling for ya for some killer nitrous numbers!

P.S. - Thanks Sal!

Last edited by airtroop01; 10-12-2005 at 12:50 AM.
Old 10-12-2005 | 07:15 AM
|
Thanks ALL

So is there any other Mods I've overlooked through the years ???
OR ARE YOU GOING TO MAKE ME BEG

I would actually like to try a Double Muffler Cat Back, rumor has it there's another 10 HP or so there alone ?

Surly one of you must have a freebie for me hehehehehe

I also bought a replacement Harness, but so far all is good so I'll put that aside as a early spring project I guess, you never know when one of those dam damaged wires is going to let loose AGAIN, or one of the 3 solder jobs...

Old 10-12-2005 | 08:09 AM
Congrats! I wish I had that kind of tq! I assume that all you're stumble issues have been figured out?

Old 10-12-2005 | 08:33 AM
Don't get to excited as the more you make off nitrous seems to limit what you can make on nitrous. This means that if you are pushing the limits of the engine design with boost then you will limit the extra power nitrous can make for you.

Keep in mind that almost everyone doesn't really build a nitrous motor. If you were to you would lower the compression and have the right cams installed. Most people just throw nitrous on top of an existing motor and don't realize that there are limits to what the nitrous can do if the motor is not built for the job. People go all out on turbo and supercharged motors and that's why they get great results. If the same attention was give when trying to make a high hp nitrous motor then you would get great results also but it never happens.

Good to see things coming around for you finally though.

Last edited by racetested; 10-12-2005 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-12-2005 | 08:53 AM
its about freekin time man!
and i am surprised you say you got power out of the e-fan, personaly i think its cause you finally left Sal alone with the truck for a while

Old 10-12-2005 | 09:04 AM
Time for LOONY to represent!!!

Nice numberS!

Old 10-12-2005 | 09:52 AM
Thats good to hear Rob. Glad things are working out for your truck.

Photo Gallery......................Website.......................Modifications

......Click here to read about the latest mods done to the truck......
Have a great day eh !_________________________________Dave.

Old 10-12-2005 | 10:32 AM
|
Thanks D, (I think hehehe) What I was referring to is my motor's clearances and tolerances "were specifically set up for Nitrous use".

Mike I agree, Sal having the proper time to look it over DID make the diff, why you guys didnt allow me do this earlier is just beyond me
hehehehe

Bird,

Sal did find some very strange chit going on with my Short and Long Fuel Trims, he mentioned the truck was going from one extreme to the other, ( Rich to Lean, Lean to Rich), on very very slight tip in, and then a hair more on the pedal and wam back to the other extreme. My truck seems to like to challenge him constantly, hehehehehe sorry Sal. He said it was quite weird and unusual (what it was doing) but he told me he stayed on it till it was perfect and all that weird crap stopped. Way to go Sal, woo hoo...

Cant say for sure if all is behind us, but the plugs continue to look awesome,
we picked up power, and Sal will keep it a little longer to make sure all is fine,
so things are DEF

Thanks All

Old 10-12-2005 | 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by ByByBird
Congrats! I wish I had that kind of tq! I assume that all you're stumble issues have been figured out?

You can have more. Buy my truck and put your tranny in it.

Old 10-12-2005 | 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by WaveBlaster785
You can have more. Buy my truck and put your tranny in it.
All I need is you're full exhaust, 8# lower and built lower end!

Quick Reply: New Dyno #'s are looking better, Thanks Sal