Lightning

using a Ford service DVD

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
using a Ford service DVD

I know that there are many of you utilizing the Ford service DVD. I just got a set off ebay. I was expecting a section that was Lightning, or SVT specific. What I found is that I have to wallow through a ton of information to find stuff to do with the SVT vertion of the F150. Am I missing something? I don't have anything that I "need" at the moment but I will and would like to be able to navigate the DVD a little easier.

How about you folks? Not the people working on these truck for profit. The "shade tree" types. How are you getting along with the service DVD?

I've got the '00-'04, version 5.0, June '05.

Thanks!

Old 10-13-2005, 06:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wittom
I know that there are many of you utilizing the Ford service DVD. I just got a set off ebay. I was expecting a section that was Lightning, or SVT specific. What I found is that I have to wallow through a ton of information to find stuff to do with the SVT vertion of the F150. Am I missing something? I don't have anything that I "need" at the moment but I will and would like to be able to navigate the DVD a little easier.

How about you folks? Not the people working on these truck for profit. The "shade tree" types. How are you getting along with the service DVD?

I've got the '00-'04, version 5.0, June '05.

Thanks!
Most of the times you will see the 5.4 L S/C instructions ... It's still an F150.

It's a GREAT resource, although sometimes confusing and you can't search.

Cliff

Old 10-13-2005, 08:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use it quite often. I found it easiest to use by not looking under the main categories, but by clicking the "letters" of the components you want to work on. That's not to say it's easy to use. You have to get to the main menu of the larger category, then look to see within that category if the specific component you want is contained within. I'll give you a good example: I wanted to see what the torque specs on the supercharger are. I also wanted to see how many gaskets I'd need. So you would think to look under "S". I'd have you see if you can find that information, but that would be cruel and unusual punishment. The DVD refers to the supercharger for things like coolant. If you want info about what I was looking for, you need to look under "Cold air charger". Go through the DVD and see what I mean. I still think it's a great investment.

Quick Reply: using a Ford service DVD