Lightning

Went back to the track.

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005 | 11:04 PM
|
Went back to the track.

Went back to the track last night to see if I can improve from my last outing. I got 10 runs in and did a best of 8.507@87.23mph with a reaction of .860 and 1.995 60ft. My last time out, my best was 8.793 @ 84.95 mph with a reaction of 1.026 and 2.073 60ft. Big improvement.

Also, I worked on my reaction alot more this time and got much better. My best of the night was .792. The .860 above was my second best reaction of the night. What I really need to do is work on my 60 ft because I suck at it. That 1.995 is my best. I can't figure out if Im spinning or Im just not giving it enough gas off the line. I have Nitto 555 tires, though I remembered after the races I had them at 35 psi. I need T-Bars.

Oh well, I'll keep working on it.

Old 10-15-2005 | 11:36 PM
WOO HOO, CONGRATS BIG MAN

Dam I would die for 10 passes at a track in one day, schitt I'd settle for 1

You said can't figure out if Im spinning or Im just not giving it enough gas off the line. No doubt the best ET of these bad boys with your mods is jumping out the MF seat, and stomping that pedal straight to the floor as hard and fast as you can. When you can get it to hook like that, you'll get your 1.6's and 1.7 ft 60's, and then your ET's are REALLY going to improve. Awesome job Big, and WOW I love your site, beautiful L, awesome pic's, interior, motor, the hole 9....
I especially liked THIS

Old 10-15-2005 | 11:55 PM
|
Originally Posted by Rob_02Lightning
WOO HOO, CONGRATS BIG MAN

Dam I would die for 10 passes at a track in one day, schitt I'd settle for 1

You said can't figure out if Im spinning or Im just not giving it enough gas off the line. No doubt the best ET of these bad boys with your mods is jumping out the MF seat, and stomping that pedal straight to the floor as hard and fast as you can. When you can get it to hook like that, you'll get your 1.6's and 1.7 ft 60's, and then your ET's are REALLY going to improve. Awesome job Big, and WOW I love your site, beautiful L, awesome pic's, interior, motor, the hole 9....
I especially liked THIS
Thats what I think, I need to give it more gas.

Im slowly getting that site together. If your liked that vid, check this out.

Old 10-16-2005 | 12:08 AM
niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice Love the Chirp too, WOO HOO....

BTW that was not a joke about launching, Every entire run I have ever made in my L was launching it that way. (from a dead idle, straight to the floorboard as fast and hard as I can). On F-1's I had 1.8 - 1.9 60's that way, on slicks it's usally 1.6, (with an ocassional low 1.7) Flashing the Convertor (instant full throttle) works very well on most L.

Thats for the Vid's, it's like being there.
(mines still at Sals, can you tell I'm missing it)

Old 10-16-2005 | 01:21 AM
Originally Posted by Rob_02Lightning
(mines still at Sals, can you tell I'm missing it)
Im missing my truck too. Im suppose to pick er up this tho so hopefully all will be well

Quick Reply: Went back to the track.