Lightning

Bye Bye PI Torque converter Hello Navigator Converter

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ummm, and that really has anything to do with what?? If someones wrong I'll state it no matter who they are, but thanks for asking anyway..

Old 10-30-2005, 05:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TrackBeast
So Jim,
Are you saying that the installation of the FTVB has resulted in a significant number of transmission failures?

I'm concerned because I have one in my transmission.

TB

10,000 of them out there, do a search and see if you can find a complaint.

And Jim, you're lying. There was no "special production navigator". I have the production book for every converter built at Sharonville since 1987 (which is 2 years before the first E4OD was sold to the public), and no such part exists, and if it did, it certainly wouldn't be sold to the public, expecially as a service part. Post a part number, and I'll post the sheet for it that shows what it has inside. The part about the stator being different only shows you're blowing it out your *** again, there is only one 4R100 stator from 1996 on, and since 2003 it's the only one in the 4R70W too.
The march of the stupid goes on.

G

Old 10-30-2005, 07:50 AM
So what? Who cares if there is a super secret converter or not. if Don is happy then thats all that should matter and if anyone else wants to be happy in the same manner then allthey have to do is call this JDM place and be done with it.

adrenalinowner

Old 10-30-2005, 08:11 AM
I don't want to get into the argument...

I would like to see a part number though... This could save me some serious money.

Old 10-30-2005, 08:27 AM
hahahah`

I posted the build sheet for all the converters that go into a 4R100 for the model year, and mentioned the changes for the next matrix,
The Matrix isn't perfect Greg............hahahah.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Here's the moral to the story. Don is happy with his new convertor. Jim got him one. Greg doesn't know what it is, but apparently it does exist.

Now, I have a question for Greg. Remember your first Monster Box Raffle?? It was won by a friend of mine. When you sent it out , you sent it out with a convertor that stalled at 1900-2000 rpm. What was that? Maybe that's what Don has?

Also, it's not true to say there are no complaints about the Monster Box trannies because I know it's your product, but there definetely has been some complaints and issues. I saw a post as recently as within a month that they guy was on his 3rd one for problems. Everything breaks. Everything is bound to have a problem. Just the way it is. If you have 10,000 units out there, the problems are very very few.

Old 10-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by Factory_Tech

I have the production book for every converter built at Sharonville since 1987

First off I didnt realize they let Janitorial floor sweepers privledge to that information.

Secondly, Sharonville is not the only tranmission plant torque convertor facility ford owns. All the convertors I have ever gotten have come from the Lavonia Transmission plant in MI.

Further more smaller production of torque convertors Ford will outsource producers for example FFD Lavonia Michigan. They have been doing small runs of factory Ford transmissions and torque convertors since 1995. Im sure you have heard of the ultra duty program where they use a 6 bolt cover and a different stator and two clutch packs, developed in 1995 for the E40D. Which proves they had 6 bolt covers 4 years before the production of the current Lightnings.

Jim@JDM

Old 10-30-2005, 11:02 AM
So what's the Ford Part #?

Old 10-30-2005, 11:06 AM
So if it's an OE part, settle this argument by posting the part number.

Old 10-30-2005, 11:14 AM
maybe

So if it's an OE part, settle this argument by posting the part number.
it's in small quantity and Jim doesn't want all us parts ****** eating them up....hehehehe.

Old 10-30-2005, 11:53 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
HI!... Post the GOD DAM part # YOU $%%$^%^&^&^&$#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GEEZZZZZ

Old 10-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally Posted by Jim@JDM
First off I didnt realize they let Janitorial floor sweepers privledge to that information.

(they don't, but I'm not a sweeper/cleaner, and get your classifications right if you're going to act like you know anyting about how a plant works.)

Secondly, Sharonville is not the only tranmission plant torque convertor facility ford owns. All the convertors I have ever gotten have come from the Lavonia Transmission plant in MI.

(Sharonville IS the only one that made a converter for the 4R100 though)

Further more smaller production of torque convertors Ford will outsource producers for example FFD Lavonia Michigan.

(an out and out lie, the UAW contract stipulates the all covered parts, which includes the 4R100 and Converter Assembly, sold to the public in vehichles be built in company facilities, in the case of the 4R100, that work belongs to Sharonville and no other facility can legally build it) They have been doing small runs of factory Ford transmissions and torque convertors since 1995.
(another lie there, those are not parts sold to the public, they are engineering studies and you can't go to a dealer and get them. They are in fact parts built at Sharonville and modified for the tests being conducted.)

Im sure you have heard of the ultra duty program where they use a 6 bolt cover and a different stator and two clutch packs, developed in 1995 for the E40D.
(yes I am, they were all diesel and modular transmissions, no Navi units there, and again, not sold to the public...by the way, the 2 clutch model from that program was a very big failure, discontiued less than one year in at a cost of millions of dollars. The stator in that transmission is the one used in ALL 4R100s from 1998 on and is currently still in use in the 5R100 and the 4R70E, it had a wider band and a different weld on it, not as much a performance change as a cost one. I have that study here, wanna read it some day?)
Which proves they had 6 bolt covers 4 years before the production of the current Lightnings.

(never said they didn't. The had in in diesels in 1998, and as I said, the 1997 had the 2 plate design that until the mechanical diode in 2001 the biggest TGW the E4OD/4R100 had, at 500,000 units affected give or take.)

Jim@JDM

Jim, I'm not a janitor (not enough seniority for that job, they generally have about 40 years or so), I'm a transmission repairman. Of 2400 employees at Sharonville, I'm one of only 13 who holds my classification for the Torqushift, and fewer than that in the rest of Ford Motor Company, and you know this, there you go trying to cloud the issue again. I never said they didn't have 6 bolt converters before the Lightning, the Lightning didn't even have it's own converter most of the time, it just uses a 6.8L model off the shelf (after the 1999 models). I said they never had one for a Navigator that was sold to the public. Don said he had a stock navi converter and I merely tried to correct that before someone bought a YL7P and figured out it was a four bolt and they needed a 6 bolt. Quit trying to to cover it up, you're lying again.

Second, quit trying to blow smoke about where the converter was built, Livonia only builds converters for front wheel drive transmissions and if you didn't know that, you should have. (you do know I have worked at Livonia, too, didn't you?) All the rear wheel drive converters (except for the ones in the 4R44/5R55 and A4LD) are built at Sharonville, all the 4R100s were built at Sharonville and transmissions are shipped with converters in them. Look it up, the part number for any transmision is xxx-7000-xx and the title for that base part is "Transmission and Converter Assembly" There are no outsourced converters in factory transmissions, the UAW frowns on that, don't ya know. Are you really this stupid? I posted the bloody build sheet for the transmission which clearly shows the converter it had. Hell, ask Geronimo if the engine plant made any engines for Navigators with 6 bolt flex plates (they didn't, I have those build sheets too, in Engine plats they call them "Bill of Materials")
You got caught Lying through your teeth Jim, again. Let me guess, you had a shelf full of stock converters you took out of Lightnings over the years and thought you'd create a market for them? If you came to me at midnight and told me it was dark outside, I wouldn't know if you were stupid or lying, but I'd look out the window before I believed it. You need to get the employees over there to lock you up in the closet to keep you from posting, you show how much you don't know every time you do.

Last edited by Factory_Tech; 10-30-2005 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:32 PM
Former Sponsor
When my Dad gets back on wednsday he said we will see if we can still get the convertor and see about having it availalbe to public, if they still make it.

JimIII

Old 10-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by LTNBOLT
Guess who has more miles than I do on their stock tranny. That would be Frank5L and his stock motored turbo truck that ran a 10.75 twice Thursday night at MMP.

In case you missed it, nearly 740RWHP/795RWTQ

Old 10-30-2005, 12:53 PM
Kids, Jim cannot and will not post a part number for this converter because he can't, it doesn't exist. Any number he posts that you can actually go to a dealer and get from them will be one I can post the build matrix of. Until the Torqushift came out, Ford only built converters with 6 bolts for three engines, over the entire first 100 year history of the company, only the 7.3L diesel, the 6.8L V-10 and the 5.4L Supercharged V-8 ever got a 6 bolt converter from the factory.

Jeesh Jimmy, I'm not setting here guessing like you do. I have notes going back to the FMX on every part number for every part that went into ALL transmissions, from Sharonville, Livonia, Van Dyke, Aquataine and Batavia, and anything I don't have I can check in Fords own database at work. This includes prototypes, PPO units, market test units and non-production engineering studies (these are often parts that never even got one built, just an idea for a part), in short, I have access to much more parts than dealers or even the HVCs have. And you apparently have a bunch of stock 6.8L units taking up shelf space. Did I ruin your plans or something?

I can tell you what Don has if he'll post the engraved production code on the front cover here, though. I never said it wasn't a real converter, or that it wasn';t a good one, I said it wasn't a stock navi converter and it isn't, everything else is just you trying to look like you know what you're talking about and you obviously don't.

G

Old 10-30-2005, 01:23 PM
Only way to settle this is post the part number Jim.

-Mark

Quick Reply: Bye Bye PI Torque converter Hello Navigator Converter