Lightning

Bye Bye PI Torque converter Hello Navigator Converter

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005 | 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by dealerjim
I think it's funny that for the last few months Gregg has been nowhere to be found when people having problems with his parts are asking for help
I guess you'd call a family health crisis funny.

I admire the guy for taking the time to keep others from ordering some part before all the details are available. Seems to me JDM's motivation is not so forthright otherwise we'd have the part number instead of the drama.

What I find funny is how the rule about personal attacks on this forum gets applied.

Old 10-31-2005 | 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by unclemole
I guess you'd call a family health crisis funny.
Wow, way to take something out of context. Nice going. Here, let me re-word it so you can better understand what I was trying to say. If Gregg is too predisposed (with family issues) to take care of customer issues then I don't see why is he here bickering with Jim about a torque converter. Take Advil for any headaches, Midol for any cramps.

Last edited by dealerjim; 10-31-2005 at 03:58 PM.
Old 10-31-2005 | 04:11 PM
Seems to me JDM's motivation is not so forthright otherwise we'd have the part number instead of the drama.
Well considering Jim didn't start this thread, nor is he trying to sell anything to anyone involved in this thread, I don't see where its anyones business what the part number is other than Don or Jim.

Old 10-31-2005 | 04:39 PM
Wow, way to take something out of context. Nice going.
Quoted you verbatim and understand completely, cheerleader.

Old 10-31-2005 | 04:44 PM
Well considering Jim didn't start this thread, nor is he trying to sell anything to anyone involved in this thread, I don't see where its anyones business what the part number is other than Don or Jim.
To keep someone from doing a search down the road looking for a 2000 stall converter and thinking they can just go get a navi converter and throw it in. that's what the board is here for, info on our trucks. Some people are ok with just taking something a tuner says as Gospel, I am not and want to know the facts about everything I spend money on. Not just take someones word on it. Everything Gregg has said has been based on Ford Documents and everything Jim has said is based on his word.

Old 10-31-2005 | 04:57 PM
"For power, Aviator stocks an aluminum V8 engine that displaces 4.6 liters and puts out 302 hp. To translate that power into force at the wheels, there's a five-speed automatic transmission with a high stall-speed torque converter. Curtain-style side air bags are in place and will deploy if sensors detect rollover movement of the vehicle."

The above qoute came from one of many magazines saying the same thing about the Aviator converter. Do a Google search for yourself. That is why I mentioned it early in this thread. It was then said that nothing stalled higher than the Lightning converter yet the Lightning is never mentioned to have a high stall converter. That's because it doesn't.

Old 10-31-2005 | 05:02 PM
understand completely, cheerleader.
Give me a J. Give me a D. Give me an M.

Guilty as charged, I guess.

Old 10-31-2005 | 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by 2bscrewed
To keep someone from doing a search down the road looking for a 2000 stall converter and thinking they can just go get a navi converter and throw it in. that's what the board is here for, info on our trucks. Some people are ok with just taking something a tuner says as Gospel, I am not and want to know the facts about everything I spend money on. Not just take someones word on it. Everything Gregg has said has been based on Ford Documents and everything Jim has said is based on his word.

very very very well said!

Old 10-31-2005 | 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by 02Hayabusa
+1

BTW- Jim's a former golden glove so I don't know about you but I wouldn't step in the ring with him lol. Maybe when hes 70 or 80...
From all the comments flying around, he seems to have a golden tongue too...

Old 10-31-2005 | 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by 02Hayabusa
+1

BTW- Jim's a former golden glove so I don't know about you but I wouldn't step in the ring with him lol. Maybe when hes 70 or 80...
So was Jani Lane from Warrant. You see his pathetic attempt to box on VH1's Celebrity Fit Club? lol

Old 10-31-2005 | 07:04 PM
Then Don could have kept his converter find to himself. When information is posted on this board then it becomes anyones right to ask, comment, or discuss. Thats what a forum is about. Duh. I prefer the word sheep to the word cheerleader.

Last edited by Calightnin; 10-31-2005 at 07:09 PM.
Old 10-31-2005 | 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by Calightnin
Then Don could have kept his converter find to himself. When information is posted on this board then it becomes anyones right to ask, comment, or discuss. Thats what a forum is about. Duh. I prefer the word sheep to the word cheerleader.
Well if its that important to you then call up JDM and order one. I'm sure it'll come to your door with a part number and a six bolt cover. At that time you can post the part number all you want. I'm 100% positive that Jim wouldn't sell you a converter that wouldn't fit your truck. Whichever converter it is, it's obviously working for Don and he's happy with it and thats why he started this thread in the first place.

So you like sheep do ya? I understand.

Last edited by dealerjim; 10-31-2005 at 07:54 PM.
Old 10-31-2005 | 08:02 PM
Well if its that important to you then call up JDM and order one. I'm sure it'll come to your door with a part number and a six bolt cover. At that time you can post the part number all you want. I'm 100% positive that Jim wouldn't sell you a converter that wouldn't fit your truck. Whichever converter it is, it's obviously working for Don and he's happy with it and thats why he started this thread in the first place.

So you like sheep do ya? I understand.
Actually I ordered a converter from Jim in 2000. A PI converter when they first came out. I spoke to him six times. Once when I ordered it, then four other times when it didn't show up when he said it would. Then one last time only to be given a false tracking number for the ups shipment.

Don posted that he has a stock converter from Ford that works, and I'd like to know about it. Anything wrong with that? bhaaa.

Old 10-31-2005 | 08:30 PM
Well it seems obvious to me after reading this thread that JDM is not the only one with their own herd.

That's just the way it is.

Old 10-31-2005 | 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Calightnin
Then one last time only to be given a false tracking number for the ups shipment.
Would that be 7

Adrenalinowner

Quick Reply: Bye Bye PI Torque converter Hello Navigator Converter