Lightning

Latest program for Superchip

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2000 | 12:01 AM
|
Question Latest program for Superchip

Can anyone tell me if Superchips has had a formal revision/version change of the program in the flipchip ? Mine says:

CVX193 in home position
CVX1-RPM in position II

------------------
99 Black Lightning
Rhino liner
Superchip

Old 01-11-2000 | 12:33 AM
Talking

BlackLight
I really don't know if this is good information or not. I had my chip reworked by superchips and there appears to be contrary infomation. The ID on the chip looks like CVX193 / CVX1RPM but on the packing slip and sales invoice it is listed as CUX193 / CUX1RPM. I think that the issue is that whoever type the invoice read the V as U. Since my chip has been revised here are the new codes Home Position CVX 1373 Flip Chip Position CVX1N022. You can guess what the Flip position is (nitrous). Additionally I spoke with Superchips and one of their retailers on Friday and I know that there have been more program changes to address some of the problems that people on this board are seeing. I would say that the best thing to do is check with Superchips. I know that when I checked my chip in November right before I put the truck away for its long winters nap it grabbed second gear so hard that I knocked the chip on the floor. Maybe before spring I will have to send my chip back in just because of programing upgrades and improvements. Good luck.

Old 01-11-2000 | 08:04 AM
I probably have the newest Superchip on the board, in that it was factory installed last Friday. I was told that the last mod was about 3 weeks ago to deal with some issues of operation in colder climates. It addressed some shifting issues. Mine runs perfectly, and strongly. I checked my invoice, and there were no such numbers on it.

------------------
Sandy (Spider) Scott
Skydive69@msn.com
Apopka, Florida
99 White Lightning #2091 DOB 6-8-99
Airaid air box & Superchip
Honda Valkyrie - 2 Bros exhaust - K&N filter -Corbin Seat (after 30 yrs. of Harley riding)

Old 01-11-2000 | 10:46 AM
|
Exclamation

I e-mailed Superchips, and Chris responded with a $125 "reprogramming" charge. This sounds a lot different from Mike Troyer's "free upgrade".

Maybe I will buy Sal's PSP chip...

------------------
99 Black Lightning
Rhino liner
Superchip

Old 01-11-2000 | 11:50 AM
PFA
Red face

I would definitely check with Mike Troyer on this! I plan on doing this also since mine seems to have a simular problem and it was to be a FREE upgrade/fix chip!

------------------
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
PFA
'99 WHITE LIGHTNIN'
#0873--1 of 866--
RHINO, Soft cover, LoJack, Valentine 1, Mobil 1
Superchip, Water Wetter, Phantom Boost Gauge
Best ET to date-13.54 @101.51MPH--10/29/99
Best MPH to date-102.33
NEWEST ADD.--16" SNOW TIRES
SuperChip out for now

'98 Red Lincoln Continental

Old 01-11-2000 | 01:05 PM
Banned
I got a superchip.Not yet installed. Mike said there was a 150.00 charge for upgrades and changes.Because of the cost i went with the regular chip.I hope it does shift hard.He assured me i would be happy. i specifically wanted to get second gear rubber.we will see in the spring if im happy. I was definaltley happy with the service mike gave me. He returned every e mail i sent.Do all of you get a second gear chirp with the chip??? And if so is it every time or when it wants to.???Thanks.

Old 01-11-2000 | 01:16 PM
I can't say that I get any second gear chirp, but I can't imagine better performance for the things added. You will wonder how you ever lived without the Superchip when you install it. I can't stay out of my truck - I just want to drive it (and hunt for kills - heheheheheh).

------------------
Sandy (Spider) Scott
Skydive69@msn.com
Apopka, Florida
99 White Lightning #2091 DOB 6-8-99
Airaid air box & Superchip
Honda Valkyrie - 2 Bros exhaust - K&N filter -Corbin Seat (after 30 yrs. of Harley riding)

Old 01-11-2000 | 08:54 PM
The Superchip I have is Home: CUXI 93
Flip: CUXI-RPM

1999 RED , Superchip, K&N, Mobil 1
SVT#042

Old 01-11-2000 | 09:44 PM
Lightbulb

The "CUX1" part of the code number on both the Superchips and PSP chips refers to the Lightning-specific computer (PCM). If you look on the little black plastic cover over the service port on the rear of the PCM (opposite end of the PCM plug) you will see a white sticker with a bar code and 4 alpha-numeric code numbers, one of which is CUX1.

------------------
Mike Philpott
Orlando, FL
'99.5 Black Lightning
SVT #2190 - Build Date 6/9/99
NLOC #361

6 CD Changer, Class 3 Hitch, A.R.E. LSII Lid, BedRug Liner, Invinca-Shield/3M Scotchcal protective film, Wyldman's Clear Lexan Fog Light Covers, 16% Window Tint, LoJack, Val-1, Sal's PSP Chip & Air Filter Kit

Old 01-14-2000 | 02:30 AM
|
Question

Mike ?

------------------
99 Black Lightning
Rhino liner
Superchip

Old 01-14-2000 | 09:45 PM
PFA
Thanks Mike for clearing it up.

------------------
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
PFA
'99 WHITE LIGHTNIN'
#0873--1 of 866--
RHINO, Soft cover, LoJack, Valentine 1, Mobil 1
Superchip, Water Wetter, Phantom Boost Gauge
Best ET to date-13.54 @101.51MPH--10/29/99
Best MPH to date-102.33
NEWEST ADD.--16" SNOW TIRES
SuperChip out for now

'98 Red Lincoln Continental

Old 01-15-2000 | 12:52 AM
Former Sponsor
OK Guys, just to kinda sort this out.....

First, all 4000 1999.5 Lightnings have the same computer code, which is CUX1, not CVX1. Sometimes people will mistake the "U" for a "V", that's all. They are all CUX1.

As Skydive mentioned, this latest program change is to accomodate some of the winter fuel formulations, primarily for those who live in very cold climates with poor air quality. It is for those who have experienced detonation at higher rpm's on winter fuel mixes, which are in use in most parts of the country by now. Only a very few Lightnings have exhibited this, but Superchips is *very* sensitive to this issue, and that is why they did the latest program changes. All new Lightning Superchips get this program now, to avoid anyone else running into this problem with poor winter fuel formulations. Anyone who has purchased their Lightning Superchip Flip Chip thru us can send them to us,(please, call us to get an RMA number first!) and I will update them. For those who purchased them elsewhere, you need to speak to your own dealer, or to Superchips directly, for this program change.

In other words, it's to fix a specific and very limited problem. And anyone who has that problem gets this free of charge, at least from us to our customers.

I hope this clears up this issue a bit for you, and our bests to all!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com

Quick Reply: Latest program for Superchip