Lightning

2000's on order

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2000, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post 2000's on order

Anybody get a build date on a 2000 yet? Mine has been upgraded from on hold, to clean and unscheduled. Maybe one of you are lucky enough to have a date already.

Mike

------------------
*2000 white Lightning on order(she thinks it's hers)
*1999 silver Super-Duty Crew Cab(hers)
*1983 yellow Jeep J-10(his)

Old 01-12-2000, 07:32 PM
Hey 2000WhiteLightning, where did you find that information at. Thanks

------------------
1997 F150 S/C Flareside 4x4
2000 Silver Lightning (Ordered)

Old 01-12-2000, 08:02 PM
call the VOPC (vehicle order processing center with your order #. If you don't have it call your dealer for it. The # for VOPC is [number removed, just in case].Your body style is F07,when asked for this you have to press the # 3 key on your phone twice then 0,7.

[This message has been edited by webmaster (edited 02-01-2000).]

Old 01-13-2000, 08:11 AM
My dealer doesn't have a clue, and neither do I. My dealer's computer still shows the L's to be here in like 1-2 weeks. When I called SVT they said build date is third week (date ???) in January, with deliveries being made to all dealers in late February, meaning we should get our trucks at the beginning of March. This is what i've collected in the last couple of days.

Old 01-13-2000, 02:37 PM
Red face

The VOPC expects you to be a dealer. After fiddling with the automated system there is another piece of information required, the dealer code. I called my friends at the dealer and got 3 different codes. The one you want is a 5 digit NNANN, where N is numeric and A is alpha. Even then I couldn't get the body code entered right so I fell through to a rep who asked me who I was and the previous status....I mumbled my name and pretended that I didn't have that information. She then asked for the VIN which I don't have so I gave her the dealer code, body style, and order number. This worked: Not on hold unscheduled...Yea!

Old 01-13-2000, 03:30 PM
Angry

Mike,
Called SVT today and they stated production was to begin 31 Jan 2000. They stated the first of objective was to produce 40 Ls a week and send 2 to each dealer with orders already in. Now we must all figure out where we stand in the dealers orders since they will come in 2 at a time if the information is correct provided by the SVT rep.

I also called the number you posted and got the same information you posted.

------------------
Ron B.
[b]Red 2000 SVT[b] ordered 16 Aug 99... now waiting for delivery of the Red Streak

Old 01-13-2000, 05:52 PM
Sorry I forgot about the dealer code. If you can get the code you will be able to call anytime. My brother has access to a phone at work and calls quite often to check. Your build date is about 2-3 weeks later than the first post on the VOPC.

Mike

------------------
*2000 white Lightning on order(she thinks it's hers)
*1999 silver Super-Duty Crew Cab(hers)
*1983 yellow Jeep J-10(his)

Old 01-13-2000, 06:46 PM
Really Old "Member"
Sure not trying to make you 00 owners to be upset, but God, does this remind me of last year and the 99's. We posted exactly the same notes to each other for months. I ordered mine in Sept., got it the first week in May. The earliest delivery date I saw on a '99 was third week in April. My dealer got so tired of my phone calls, he just flat asked me not to bother him anymore, it will come when it comes.

The good part is that when it does finally come, you will immediately forget all the waiting and just enjoy your Bolts.
Bill

------------------
Bill Murray
99 Lightning
PSP Chip & Filter
Spare Superchip
Bassani full system TBI
Oxford White w/normal options.
98 Lincoln Continental Stock
56 F100 Big Window 272 w/TBird intake headers Fordomatic
56 F100 small window w/built 300" I6
69 Belair 39/427/400 Built
69 C10 Panel Stock
Soon: 92 Town Car
Tamiya 1/10 Lightning
Lightning & Thunder Rag Doll Cats.

Old 01-13-2000, 09:42 PM
Bill,
I enjoy your responses. Being a Georgia boy and on active duty that soon (how soon don't know) will be a 2000 Lightning owner; I like to agonize over the wait just like you 99 veterans did. Nothing changes but a new group going through the same ordeal... we like to cry in our milk too. Keep up the post Bill .... I enjoy reading them because they are always well written and very philisophical.
Thanks again.

------------------
Ron B.
[b]Red 2000 SVT[b] ordered 16 Aug 99... now waiting for delivery of the Red Streak

[This message has been edited by Masterloggie (edited 01-13-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Masterloggie (edited 01-13-2000).]

Old 01-14-2000, 07:06 PM
Really Old "Member"
Hi Ron:
Thanks for the compliment (Ihope). I try to do a little to add to my messages. Sort of philosopher and story teller. My Mom used to say we were related to Mark Twain but could never prove it.
Totally off the subject of the thread, but a typical story of my story telling

Have been negotiating for a new location for the last 5 months. A now empty 8 screen theatre that moved. Had to do a business plan, investment plan and a financial plan.
Been there, did that and it was no problem.
But, I attached another part to the package.
Not original, I stole it from Walt Disney.
I gave the reader a virtual tour through the new facility, telling what the visitor would see as he went from section to section. Enter our meeting room and see people meeting, visit the snack bar and have a snack, visit the indoor race track and watch a race and so on. About 10 pages worth.

Bottom line, we did not get the property because the rent demand was not economical, but both my bank and my franchise headquarters asked my permission to use the business plan including the above as an example of how one should be written.

Life is not always about sound bites, right?
BTW, are you a 130 loadmaster by chance?
Bill

------------------
Bill Murray
99 Lightning #247
PSP Chip & Filter
Spare Superchip
Bassani full system TBI
Oxford White w/normal options.
98 Lincoln Continental Stock
56 F100 Big Window 272 w/TBird intake headers Fordomatic
56 F100 small window w/built 300" I6
69 Belair 390/427/400 Built
69 C10 Panel Stock
Soon: 92 Town Car
Tamiya 1/10 Lightning
Lightning & Thunder Rag Doll Cats.
E-mail MOSTOYSINC@AOL.com
htuken@BellSouth.net
HobbyTown1@WebTV.net
Kennesaw (Atlanta) Ga.

Old 01-14-2000, 10:56 PM
Bill,

No loadmaster... use to fly F-4s. Now a program manager for Air Force armament, all the gun systems on our airplanes. Pulling my last assignment and at Robins AFB. Will retire in 1 to 3 years and try another line of work.

Yes I was paying you a compliment on the post you make on the board.

------------------
Ron B.

Old 01-15-2000, 11:36 AM
Ron,

I sat next to an arms dealer on a commericial flight a few years ago. Interesting guy. Sells mostly intercepter/bomber/fighters and their maintanance packages to the (US friendly) middle east block, plus some European biz. Lives close to Robbins and has contacts there. Sounds like this could be right up your alley for your "retirement job". Potentially lucrative but lots of travel.

Also, skydive69 (Sandy S.) on this board is a 25 year veteran captain at Eastern Airlines and now works here in Orlando as VP of marketing at SimCom. Maybe another 2nd career option.

Anyway, sorry for the off topic post and the amateur career counselor advice but don't meet many who might be interested in these types of things.

Mike

------------------
Mike Philpott
Orlando, FL
'99.5 Black Lightning
SVT #2190 - Build Date 6/9/99
NLOC #361

6 CD Changer, Class 3 Hitch, A.R.E. LSII Lid, BedRug Liner, Invinca-Shield/3M Scotchcal protective film, Wyldman's Clear Lexan Fog Light Covers, 16% Window Tint, LoJack, Val-1, Sal's PSP Chip & Air Filter Kit

Quick Reply: 2000's on order