Lightning

Just when it couldn't get any worse

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2000 | 11:26 PM
|
Angry Just when it couldn't get any worse

Hello fellow board members
My schedule does not permit me to really participate in the forum as much as I would like, but I would like to share my latest bad luck with the L. Recently was coming home from work, time was around 8:30 p.m., when some drunk S.O.B. rearended me. The worst wasn't the impact from behind but the impact he caused me to have with vehicle up front. I got off my truck to make sure the guy if front of me was okay. Well his little toyota was okay but my bottom grill and tranny cooler weren't, he had a towing hitch on his little toyota, why, why ? Any ways when I asked the guy who hit me for his info he staggered back to his nissan truck, and ran like the wind. Of course I wasn't just going to let him get away, and caught up to him at the next light, no problem, but when I proceeded to ask him for his info he politely pulled his small revolver and pointed at me. Which in turn made me decide to scram and run like mexican water through a tourist. Well anyways I called the cops form the house and gave them the plates, which they will probably never find. $1,300 is the estimate from the dealer., and my insurance is going to pay for it. So i guess it could've been worst I could have been shot and have blood spill all over the suede in the L, now that would've been a hard stain to take out.
P.S. Wyldman I now excuse to fix that passenger side fog light.

Old 01-17-2000 | 11:42 PM
Banned
DAMN! I'm sorry Gwerks. If I was there I would have probably attacked him anyway. Im not thinking straight tonight (low blood sugar) Glad your ok bud!

Old 01-17-2000 | 11:48 PM
bloodstains suck!

Old 01-17-2000 | 11:50 PM
You didn't have something to point back a him with? Guess I've been in the city too long.

------------------
Rich
1999.5 SVT Lightning - Red. Super Chip. K&N Filter. Viper Alarm w/remote start, clear corners, tow package, cd changer, cover, MTX Thunderform w/ 2 10" MTX 200w subs. 5-channel 300w Clarion amp., Polk Audio 3-way, 130w DX 7's, Muth signal mirrors, etc. Build #2755
TampaSVT@Tampabay.rr.com

http://home.tampabay.rr.com/tampasvt/images/Light21.jpg
1999.5 Expedition XLT

Old 01-18-2000 | 12:05 AM
Thumbs down

Gwerks,

Sorry to hear about you're misfortune, but I am very happy to not be reading about you being shot. Think of it this way, you are one of the fortunate few to own a Lightning, you have insurance that will cover the damage, and most important, you walked away alive!! I believe some day that guy will get whats coming to him. Best of luck to you.

Old 01-18-2000 | 02:22 AM
Gwerks,

Man that just plain sucks. I'm really sorry to hear about it. But, on the good side, the fog light and the scratches from the punk w/the knife can both be taken care of now.

------------------
Chuck 'Wyldman' Shelton
wyldman@houston.rr.com
Black 99.5 Lightning Build # 1273, DOB 5-14-99, NLOC #315
Best run to date 13.16 @104.8
CD Changer; Tow Pkg.; Lojack; Sal's custom nitrous chip; G-Tech/Pro; SnugLid; BedRug; Invinca-Shield, full kit; NOS KIT 100 hp shot (currently); Clear and smoke Lexan fog light covers; 3M Ti Window Tint; Bel radar detector (shouldn't be an accessory); PowerStack cone filter (a.k.a. supercharger waker upper); American Auto Designs ram air hood; Cal-Tracs traction bars; Bassani headers, yow!

Old 01-18-2000 | 11:45 AM
GW,
Dang that sucks. I'm sorry. On the other side of it though Tampa I hafta agree with you. Denver isn't a war zone but I have seriously considered carrying my own *protection* for such cases. It comes down to my bad temper. It's a 50/50 split. Hope they catch the guy GW

------------------
Christy Ann
99WhiteLightningSVTGirl
Have you ever seen an Angel riding a Lightning bolt~

Quick Reply: Just when it couldn't get any worse