Lightning

I have a dilemma- what should I do

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005 | 05:17 PM
|
Exclamation I have a dilemma- what should I do

Folks
I am in the UK with a 1999 black lighting which is a real hoot and real cool vehicle, howeverI like very near to the largest ferrari dealer (which I know is a 'ladies car') however, the also sell Maserati's. I see things on the forecourt everday and now a old friend suggested that I should get one of these... Hmmm

Gas price in uk make the truck a weekend crusier (if not raining). last month i did a massive 23.4 miles total....

Back to the masser, still not sure, do like the look and sound but cannot decide. the newer models just do not look right, but the older ones do (and within budget)

What do you guys think ?
Should or not

Check out this link for the one in mind (a bit out of date)
http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/ar...x?id=7660&vf=1
http://www.topedge.com/panels/cars/a...__3200_gt.html

Old 11-03-2005 | 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by deadmic8
Folks
I am in the UK with a 1999 black lighting which is a real hoot and real cool vehicle, howeverI like very near to the largest ferrari dealer (which I know is a 'ladies car') however, the also sell Maserati's. I see things on the forecourt everday and now a old friend suggested that I should get one of these... Hmmm

Gas price in uk make the truck a weekend crusier (if not raining). last month i did a massive 23.4 miles total....

Back to the masser, still not sure, do like the look and sound but cannot decide. the newer models just do not look right, but the older ones do (and within budget)

What do you guys think ?
Should or not

That won't be much lighter on fuel! Also it needs to be run on super unleaded or optimax! I use my L every day and just accept that it will eat 2-3 tanks per week. All powerful vehicles eat fuel. I don't think there are any exceptions!

I currently run a black 2004 Lightning too. But have a Skyline as well (being replaced by Porsche 997 in March). I think the L is a great vehicle but am glad that I have a choice from 2! Strangely my truck gets more attention than anything else I have ever owned! Normal question is 'How many to the gallon mate!' Odd!

The Maser 3200 is a real good value buy. The early ones have really dropped to sensible money. However, they're a bit fragile and not all that good to drive (compared to a good sports car not an L!).

But you do get a hell of a lot for your money. And I guess thats what has enticed you? Have a go in one. Its still one awsome sounding engine! And a lot of sports car for not many pennies.

If I've got it wrong and you are talking about the stuff before the 3200. Stay clear!! Else You'll regret it!!

Cheers

...Add

Old 11-03-2005 | 06:02 PM
Folks
but the older ones do (and within budget)....

Originally Posted by madadd

But you do get a hell of a lot for your money.
Recommended retail: $192,500; automatic $199,500.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeautiful ride no doubt, but am I missing something ???
Thats ALOT of money NO ???
I can buy a hooker a day for the rest of my life
OR SOMETHING for 200K

Old 11-03-2005 | 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by Rob_02Lightning
Recommended retail: $192,500; automatic $199,500.

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeautiful ride no doubt, but am I missing something ???
Thats ALOT of money NO ???
I can buy a hooker a day for the rest of my life
OR SOMETHING for 200K
Rob what do you know about hooker???

Old 11-03-2005 | 07:54 PM
yeah, i'm missing something too.... you say the gas price is too high to drive the lightning yet you're thinking about buying a masserati instead? maybe you should get a mini...

Old 11-03-2005 | 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Slick_Sammy
yeah, i'm missing something too.... you say the gas
price is too high to drive the lightning yet you're thinking about buying a
masserati instead? maybe you should get a mini...
Come on, this guy's yanking our chain ... The maintenance on the Maserati
will kill him ... It's a lot like the Ferrari's $10,000 every 20K miles ...

The guys here ROLLBACK their's up to Columbus or Chicago for service ... LOL

Old 11-03-2005 | 09:31 PM
I wish I could afford to have that dilemma.

If I could, it wouldn't be a dilemma.

Talk about apples to oranges.

Old 11-04-2005 | 02:12 AM
Originally Posted by Slick_Sammy
yeah, i'm missing something too.... you say the gas price is too high to drive the lightning yet you're thinking about buying a masserati instead? maybe you should get a mini...
rofl right on man I am still laffin my *** off.

Old 11-04-2005 | 01:39 PM
Keep your Lightning as you do not drive it enough for the gas costs to matter and buy a Lamborghini Gallardo to drive around. Thats what I did!!

Old 11-04-2005 | 02:06 PM
Folks

What do you guys think ?
Should or not

the one in the first link looks like a $190,000 monte carlo

Old 11-04-2005 | 02:52 PM
|
Thumbs up Thanks !! more food for thought !!

Originally Posted by newbie4now
the one in the first link looks like a $190,000 monte carlo

Team - Thanks for the advise !!

Went down to the dealer to have a 'chat' took the L with me just to see what he would say....

Took the Fiat out for a drive - The car runs ok, but the gas pedal is is is ON or OFF - not sure what this is all about, but a real handful to drive. Felt as if it would break real easy...unlike yank iron..

At the end of the drive it, went something like this ->

"Yes Sir we can do a deal, it would be like to trading a donkey for a racing horse" - Hmmm

Need a revolver I thought..(very illegal over here, however If i see him on the street, the L will have him)

I replied "Mr sales man, do you have any idea what the black L is, i guess not, oh and by the way, the 'truck' make this 'car' only suitable for someone like my wife who does not like cars with great amounts of HP or power...

Silence for a moment

I then told him to F£$K-off and know something more than what is on his forecourt.... Arrggh what a a$$ole...

Well I guess that ends this dilemma with the dealer for the moment..

will still ponder on thought until i find a Lambo at the right price

Thanks for thoughts

Will keep you posted !