Lightning

Best 2/3 drop

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the great reply Silver2000. Where did you order your lowering kit from, the same link as listed above? Also does everything come with the kit that I need for a start to finish job or will I need to buy more things to go with it? I am wanting one more inch lower in the front and back, do you think I will get it with this kit?

Old 11-08-2005, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by FunFord
Thanks for the great reply Silver2000. Where did you order your lowering kit from, the same link as listed above? Also does everything come with the kit that I need for a start to finish job or will I need to buy more things to go with it? I am wanting one more inch lower in the front and back, do you think I will get it with this kit?
Mines not really a kit. It's a hodgepodge of stuff:

Hotchkis rear leaf springs
Hotchkis front and rear swaybars
Belltech 2" front coil springs
Belltech 2" shackles
Front and Rear QA1 adjustable shocks
Energy suspension bumpstops for front
1" Cut to factory bumpstops for rear

Also, 58" rancho traction bars

In the near future I'm going to go back to a factory height coil spring in the front, or possibly a hotchkis spring and a 1" spacer. Then go with a either the drop spindles or a set of drop A-arms which should give me the same ride height without messing with the suspension geometry.

If you want something nice with similar ride height, I would suggest getting the Hotchkis TVS then getting a set of those Belltech spindles or DJM control arms for the front and use a 1" coil spacer to net you a 2" front drop and then using a set of 2" shackles along with the Hotchkis leafs to give around a 3"-3.5" rear drop.

There might be a better way to do this, but this is just one way I can think of....Does somebody make a stock height spring with a spring rate close to the hotchkis front coil springs? That would eliminate the need for a spacer.

Old 11-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Good idea Silver2000, I am going to start looking into that.

Quick Reply: Best 2/3 drop