Lightning

EVERYONE please read...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2000 | 07:37 PM
|
Exclamation EVERYONE please read...

Hey guys. Just wanted to say that over the last several months, this board has become an invaluable resource for discussion regarding the Lightning. Often I have learned good tech details. More than that, I have felt the joy of other's kills >
and felt the agony of others pain when unfortunate things happen to a Lightning. (I know, i've been there).

I think you'll find that the majority of people on this board value it as a resource like I do. When I post, I try to write up my post then go back over it to make SURE I like what I've said. There is always the edit button as well. If someone says something that bothers you, try to remember that they are the one who looks ignorant if their post is inaccurate. Our Lightnings can be an emotional subject for certain. Just keep in mind that you might dash off something in an angry post that you wouldnt say directly to that person if they are standing in front of you.

Anyway, thats probably more than enough from me. Peace

Nathan

[This message has been edited by Nathan (edited 01-17-2000).]

Old 01-17-2000 | 07:48 PM
Yep I agree Nathan.....people tend to fly off the handle way to easy when the only thing they have in front of them is a keyboard. Jeff

Old 01-17-2000 | 08:00 PM
PFA
Exclamation

I agree also. This kind of stuff is going to nothing for us and is one of those things that might make Steve think twice now about the site we all love.

------------------
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
PFA
'99 WHITE LIGHTNIN'
#0873--1 of 866--
RHINO, Soft cover, LoJack, Valentine 1, Mobil 1
Superchip, Water Wetter, Phantom Boost Gauge
Best ET to date-13.54 @101.51MPH--10/29/99
Best MPH to date-102.33MPH @13.68
Best 1/8---8.70 @80.82MPH
NEWEST ADD.--16" SNOW TIRES
SuperChip out for now

'98 Red Lincoln Continental
1/8 mile--10.25 @69.64MPH
1/4 mile--15.82 @88.16MPH

Old 01-17-2000 | 08:35 PM
Smile

You're so smart Nathan. I may not know everything there is to know about the mechanics of my truck but I know that I love it and that when I got here y'all were real nice to me and it's sad to be the new kid on the block and watch some of y'all tear eachother down. We all have a common goal, right? I just wanna be fast and make other people jealous. hehehe Nobody in the world understands the way I love my truck but you guys. So to have a place to go and share stuff like this, even if I haven't met any of you in person YET means a lot. Like I said, I don't know all there is to know about my truck but I know a heck of a lot more now than I did 3 weeks or so ago when I first posted here and it's because for the most part you all have a lot of good information and are quick to help, so y'all just be nice to eachother cause there aren't too many of us who know how we feel.
CA

------------------
Christy Ann
99WhiteLightningSVTGirl
Have you ever seen an Angel riding a Lightning bolt~

Old 01-17-2000 | 08:46 PM
I feel exactly the same. This site is an invaluable source of information for our specialty vehicles. I know next to nothing about the mechanics of my truck. All I know for sure is I hit gas truck go fast.

It is great to have this site to rely on when I have questions.

------------------
99 Red Lightning (PSP Filter Kit)
99 F150 Black 4x4 Sport Extended Cab K&N Filter

Old 01-17-2000 | 09:30 PM
Exclamation

Hear, hear.

Speaking as one of the guys waiting, ever so patiently...dang it, for my Silver L on order: I would like to do my own bit of bragging on this site after I've dusted off a few on the roads. The invaluable information I've received from this site helped me to make the decision to go with the Lightning. Sure, I knew I wanted one, but I needed to be sure the investment would be worth it in the long run. No qualms...thanks to all you Lightning owners willing to share your information with geeks like me.

Old 01-17-2000 | 09:38 PM
Nathan,
Great post. This is a wonderful source of valuable information. The one thing it should never be is a place for character asassination and temper flair ups. We get enough of that on the nightly news and in our work places. This was not a meaniful post on my part, but just wanted to say I enjoy the information tremendously from the Lightning owners.

------------------
Ron B.
Red 2000 SVT ordered 16 Aug 99... now waiting for delivery of the Red Streak
Kathleen, Georgia

Old 01-18-2000 | 01:23 AM
ive been apart of this board for about 2 weeks now, I love it, I have learned more than I could anywhere else. And dang you guys youve forced me to spend more money on my truck

Old 01-18-2000 | 02:23 AM
Cool

Good post Nathan...I'm not a lightning..but a wanta be. I'm working hard on making my ext. cab. a "lager version" LOL! so be kind like nathan!

------------------
1999 F-150 XLT, Ext.Cab, 5.4L, 3:55 limited slip, 4x2, Bright Torch Red(all color matched-bumpers, mirrors) "Sport" pkg., Tonneau,285/50/17, 3" custom catback, Superchips, Airaid, Lowered 4" rear & 3" front, Herculiner bed lining(self install) AWESOME! Newest E/T at the drags 6/26/99: 14.9sec at 90.4 mph. Billet Badges, Billet Antenna, Removal of "Sport" sticker and door guards. Just added (12/16/99) Billit oval rear view mirror, billit master cylinder cover, and billet third brake light cover.1/16/00 - added billet sill plates, "red" braided hoses, "Red" nut covers. For photos e-mail me at: whtstuff@aol.com OR my web page at Http://members.aol.com/whtstuff/myweb.html

Old 01-18-2000 | 01:03 PM
|
Talking

kind? you callin me kind? I'll show you kind <grin>

[This message has been edited by Nathan (edited 01-18-2000).]

Quick Reply: EVERYONE please read...