Lightning

Why won't my truck sell?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005 | 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by 1flightmedic
As soon as I read you post I knew what I was going to say before reading the other post. I started laughing as I read what they said....It was what I was thinking. If I was looking for an L, I would avoid yours. The N2o is enough to make me pass it over and look for another truck. The mods are on their for a reason...We all know what that is. Get rid of the mods, (most of them) and your truck will sell quicker and for more $$$. We Sound like a broken record, that should tell you somthin'. Good luck.
same thing here

Old 11-07-2005 | 02:07 PM
When I bought my truck I looked at one very similar to yours and I ended up purchasing a stock truck for the same amount of money the guy with the modded truck wanted. And I'm a guy who will beat the living **** out of a vehicle. Just thinking about what someone may have done or may have forgotten to do scared me away. You may come out ahead if you sell your mods and take a very small hit on the price for the truck. Best of luck selling it though.

Old 11-07-2005 | 02:09 PM
|
I don't mean to sound defensive, but I just want people to know that the truck hasn't been beat to death. I'm glad people are giving me opinions, that's more than I got before.

Old 11-07-2005 | 04:38 PM
Nitrous = NO SALE

Old 11-07-2005 | 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by flamedlightning
I don't mean to sound defensive, but I just want people to know that the truck hasn't been beat to death. I'm glad people are giving me opinions, that's more than I got before.
i will buy the nitrous plate!

Old 11-07-2005 | 05:48 PM
It is funny but you can de mod the truck to stock sell it and then sell your mods. The person that bought it may be buying the mods an taking the truck back to the same level of performance as you had it.
No offense meant by everyones opinions I am sure. We all mod our trucks to the best of our abilitys and do not try to hurt them. Here comes the big .......BUT,We have all heard of guys with a messed up tune and doing some damage to their truck. That is why most are scared of a highly modded truck.
Keep the faith and consider taking it back to or closer to stock FWIW.

Old 11-07-2005 | 06:06 PM
You have a nice looking truck Flamed but it has taken some paint work in the Drivers side Bed. It also is heavily Modified for the average Lightning buyer. I work for a Used Car Dealership in East Brunswick. Your father brought it by about a month ago for us to Buy. He said your bottom line was $23,000 & I told him that was very high for a truck like this. We sold a Sonic Blue 03' Lightning with 29,000 miles a week before he came in for $20,100 & it did Not take Any paint work. It was also a year Newer. I figure your truck is worth around $17,500 whole sale this time of year. Also a truck with all these Mods scares alot of people & dealers want to pay less than a stock one is worth. Good Luck selling it. You will sell if you get alittle more realistic with the price. I think if you can draw $20,000 Retail for it you must take there money.

Ralph V.

Old 11-07-2005 | 06:25 PM
If I had the money I would buy your truck. They call me Mr Vegas.

Old 11-07-2005 | 09:21 PM
You asked and your fellow L brothers have given you a "defining reality" moment. No one is questioning your decisions to mod, but......

As a previous '03 L owner, heavily modded to 496/562 on a stock block - I am well aware of the risks involved. Leaking head gaskets lead me to sell mine amongst other influences.

Now I am in the market for another L and as much as I would like a modded L - I am only looking for stock sellers. Especially with a warranty totally out of the question since I am looking at '02's.

Your truck most likely rocks, but I would strongly recommend you do as I did and that was dismantel your L - sell off the mods and return her to stock and still get what you are asking for. That is exactly what I did - I only lost 30% off my mod cost and got full bucket for the L.

Good Luck and let me know if you want to sell any of the parts. I did just buy an '02 and of course looking to mod.

droypearson@comcast.net

D-Day

Quick Reply: Why won't my truck sell?