Lightning

Why won't my truck sell?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005 | 11:35 AM
|
Why won't my truck sell?

I've been trying to sell my truck and I'm getting nothing but low ball offers. I'm only asking the NADA value, $23k.

Performance Mods:
Custom NX Nitrous Install
JDM Dyno Tuned w/ SCT
Magna Flow Mufflers
Bassani Off-Road Mid-Pipe
JDM 108MM Power Pipe
Metco 4lb Lower Pulley
Ground Force 1”/2” Drop Kit

Styling:
Ford 18” Chrome Rims
Expedition Grill Shroud
Billet Upper & Lower Grills
Dark Tint
Sylvania Silver Stars in Head & Fog Lights
Clear Corners
Clear Headlights

Audio:
MTX Thunder Form Box
2-MTX 5500 10”
Memphis 500-Watt Studio

The Dyno tune shows 550HP and 715TQ to the wheels on the nitrous. The nitrous is set up on a 100 HP shot, but make about 150rwhp and 200rwtq. The nitrous is installed under the blower and that makes this kit extremely efficient. This is a custom mid plate done by NX; there is only a couple like this around. The truck is set up on a safe tune. The other people running this setup have done so for the last couple years with no problems on their factory block!

Problems:
The only problems I know about the truck is the front left fender chipping and a couple rock dings here and there. The bed is also slightly scratched. I was planning on a bed liner or rug, but never got around to it.

Clean Car Fax!

See it at:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2080788

Any ideas?

Old 11-07-2005 | 11:51 AM
Most buyers stay away from heavily modded cars or trucks. As a buyer, I would be leary of you (and my modded Marauder) simply because who knows if if it was done right. What added maintanence is necessary.

Catch my drift?

I am sure your truck is in great shape, runs good and is fast. But most people are not going to take a leap of faith based on your word with alot of their money.

Especially that Nitrous mod. If that stuff is not done right, it could be costly.

Old 11-07-2005 | 11:55 AM
no offense, but as a buyer, If i saw that a vehicle had n20 on it that would be a deal breaker for a purchase for me, unless I really knew the person that is selling it. don't want to offend you but there are to many variables with the installation and past use of the nitrous that I just don't know. all I do know is that a person does not put a 100 shot on a vehicle and babys it. those two things do not belong in the same sentence. Just being honest with you.

I know this because I had a 00 SS and I had a 125 dry shot. I professionally installed it myself(I say that because I am a avionics tech in the navy) and I removed it and sold the kit before I sold the car. I am honest and know that the car was not babied while I had the juice on it.

Old 11-07-2005 | 11:56 AM
I agree with Defyant. I would stay away from your truck like the plague. Nothing personal, but I'm not going to risk thousands of my hard earned dollars on someone elses word. I have always thought that if you heavily mod a vehicle, you should do so with the intentions of keeping the vehicle forever, because no one else will ever be willing to pay for that work. Or only mod to the point that it can be easily returned to stock.

What is worth more, a 69 Mustang in complete stock form that was well taken care of or a 69 Mustang that has been hacked and whacked?

Old 11-07-2005 | 12:07 PM
i would lose the chrome expedition valance, and i would delete the pic of your speedometer pinned at 140mph.. that right there is indication of a time bomb.. these trucks cannot rev out like that on a stock block the rods will disinigrate.. i know from experience.. aside from that, those two things i mentioned would definately make me look the otehr way as a buyer.. good luck with selling your ride..

Old 11-07-2005 | 12:14 PM
Very nice truck. let me start off by saying but the deal breadker for me is seeing that pic of you goin that fast and the enging reving that dam high(yes i know it has to be there to be doing that fast) just tells me you werent easy on the truck and also the nitrous dosent help me think you were easy on it
just my 2 cents.

Old 11-07-2005 | 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by supercrewser13
Very nice truck. let me start off by saying but the deal breadker for me is seeing that pic of you goin that fast and the enging reving that dam high(yes i know it has to be there to be doing that fast) just tells me you werent easy on the truck and also the nitrous dosent help me think you were easy on it
just my 2 cents.
and im sure the buyer would drive it like my grandma lol

Old 11-07-2005 | 12:20 PM
|
That is not a pic of my truck going 140mph. That is a picture taken from the movie from the guys in Europe. The nitrous install was done at a shop here in East TN. The guy that did this install has the same setup. He's make almost 800HP/1100TQ at the wheels, so I think he knows what he's doing. I took a new postion at work where I have to travel every week, so I have no time to be "hard" on this truck.

Last edited by flamedlightning; 11-07-2005 at 12:22 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-07-2005 | 12:24 PM
|
Also the nitrous was installed only 2 months ago and there is more than half a bottle left. Most of it that was used was for the dyno tune.

Old 11-07-2005 | 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by flamedlightning
That is not a pic of my truck going 140mph. That is a picture taken from the movie from the guys in Europe. The nitrous install was done at a shop here in East TN. The guy that did this install has the same setup. He's make almost 800HP/1100TQ at the wheels, so I think he knows what he's doing. I took a new postion at work where I have to travel every week, so I have no time to be "hard" on this truck.
Originally Posted by flamedlightning
Also the nitrous was installed only 2 months ago and there is more than half a bottle left. Most of it that was used was for the dyno tune.
flamed lightning you asked us what we thought. were just giving honest opinions, no need to protect what or how you did your mods. when buying a vehicle it is all about the perception of the vehicles past.

Old 11-07-2005 | 12:58 PM
When I was shopping around for the L I was looking for a completely stock or close too stock as possible, so that I would have my way with her.
How about a back-to-stock sale??

Old 11-07-2005 | 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by netoje
How about a back-to-stock sale??
And then you can sell your mods.

Old 11-07-2005 | 01:09 PM
I would be afraid to buy that truck. The mods you have on it would cause me to worry that the truck had been dogged out. You know it hasn't, but folks looking to buy the truck have no way of knowing that.

I would demod it and sell off all the mods....then sell it stock. I also wouldn't mention what it runs in the 1/4 mile either... .

Most folks want to rag out their vehicles themselves. I don't know many people that want to buy one somebody else has been beating on.

Rocks

Old 11-07-2005 | 01:25 PM
Exactly. True enthusiasts take pride in modding their own vehicle, not buying someone else's. You will most likely only be talking to teenagers who can't afford what you've put into it. Those would be the only interested parties in my eyes.

Old 11-07-2005 | 01:50 PM
I dont usually jump on the band wagon....but.

As soon as I read you post I knew what I was going to say before reading the other post. I started laughing as I read what they said....It was what I was thinking. If I was looking for an L, I would avoid yours. The N2o is enough to make me pass it over and look for another truck. The mods are on their for a reason...We all know what that is. Get rid of the mods, (most of them) and your truck will sell quicker and for more $$$. We Sound like a broken record, that should tell you somthin'. Good luck.

Last edited by 1flightmedic; 11-07-2005 at 01:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Why won't my truck sell?