Lightning

An Open Thank You to Jim and Charles

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005 | 11:08 PM
Gator: Congrats bro, I am stoked that you have your 10 second slip now, I guess I need to make you a new sig huh MUCH CONGRATS to you my friend!

Rob: I'm sure your new setup is gonna kick ***!

Jim@JDM: If I give you Rob's secret bank account info can we talk about getting a killer JDM built motor and custom turbo setup for me?

Old 11-08-2005 | 01:49 AM
Thumbs up Bruce - Jim - Charles

Keep blazing the trail

I'm right behind ya

FF

Old 11-08-2005 | 09:43 AM
Gator,
I am sorry you feel the way you do and are not happy. As you said I had no problem replacing a valve that was not a faulty product by build, but a fault seal on my end when tapping the side pressure port. This is no longer an issue as the port is left untapped and a new adapter is being made to add another port for accessories instead.

You also state you were on your way to a great run so I have to assume a dyno not showing peak hp numbers means nothing. I'm not sure how many times we can express that torque and E.T.'s are what matter.

If JDM wants to throw an NX kit on then that is your choice but I am more than willing to help like I have been from the beginning.

Old 11-08-2005 | 09:47 AM
I just got my built motor, magnum powered truck back from JDM and am also very satisified. While the motor did initially have issues which made me nervous, Jim took care of everything 100% with no cost to me. I hope to make a showing at some track events in the spring, right now I'm still re-learning to drive the truck as its been over a year since I've had it and its a totally different beast. The only issues I would say I have is the converter, which seems to still be stalling a bit high and causes the truck to slighty hesitate when cold, its been re-stalled already. I'll have to wait till spring to see how the converter peforms at the the track.
I'd have to post some pics, but the engine bay looks cleaner than it came from the factory. The attention to detail was amazing. Thats the kind of thing that stands out to me (besides the dyno numbers). You get what you pay for.
The truck really does stand out on the street, with these big cams people definately know somethings going on under the hood. My truck doesn't sit around either, I drive it everyday, and will continue to until the snow hits the ground, I even plan to drive it up to vermont for thanksgiving.
And the good thing for Rob is that they got practice with probably one of the most annoying customers they've ever had, I believe I called them every single day for 3 months until it was finished "is it done yet?" Thanks for your patience Jim Jr., I'll put some miles on it and be back for the final tunes.

Old 11-08-2005 | 09:57 AM
[QUOTE=JimIII@jdm]
Originally Posted by racetested
Gator has our kit and uses the 5mm nitrous line. When Gator says it has bursted 4 times I am unsure how it was ever fixed from the first burst since I was never asked for a new line and it can't be patched in any way. It was also only heat protected this last time but with 3 supposed previous bursts I have no idea what condition the pipe is in or what is going on as nobody tells me.
QUOTE]

It didnt burst 4 times it was 3 and it was all with in a one foot span of the line. We just trimmed the line back and with the extra ferrels you sent us with the kit we were able to piece it together. You also sent us new o rings and you didnt know that those were defective too. He also went through 2 bottles of nitrous because one of your fittings in the bottle was never properly tapped for threads. You said that you didnt know how that happened, the kit on a 150 shot only provided 126 HP on Bruce's truck. You said it was the jet size so we opened it up .005" more and we still only got 126 HP. So it it is definatley in the selinoid. On the 100 shot we only saw 76 HP. That I could say with a bigger jet you'll get more HP because we did. You told me that those selinoids are good to well over 300 HP. Then you said I had to send it back to you to acheive that. We put heat sheild around all the lines. Which we spent a number of hours doing. My feeling on this is that where the line keeps bursting that section is probably thinner or the material when it was manufactured never cured right. Either way there is alot of extra man hours in this kit because of it being sold with an inferior line and selinoids that only produce 126 HP instead of 150. Just checking into that extra 25 HP lose, i spent an extra 2-3 hours on the dyno. Removing the double filter, removing your filter, changing out the bottle pressure gauge, letting the truck cool down and making another pull. I made 3 extra pulls on Gators motor for no reason. If you knew your product you should just sell it as a 125 kit. You made me go out and buy heat sheild which is not cheap. Because Bruce has spent alot of money with me and he hasnt had good luck with your nitrous system I am giving him an NX kit for our cost and some free labor. This way if he wants to step it up to a 250 shot he can. We have never had lines burst or selinoids problems with the NX kits.

Jim@JDM
Jim,
You told me yourself the line was never heat protected initially and only until this past run. Why did you have so much line coiled up in the engine bay anyway to have feet left over to reinstall? You always want to make the shortest path for nitrous to prevent the least amount for phase change.

We have covered the bottle valve issue already where I ADMITTED fault, so why you say "I didn't know how that happened" is beyond me.

Instead of wasting time trying to make peak power you should have concentrated on the torque figure. I've yet to see a drag race won by peak hp.

Heat shield is not cheap? It lists for $13 for a 3 ft. length and this is all you need for the engine bay area. Installing heat shielding on a pipe that burst 2-3 times or whatver number after the fact is to late. The pipe is probably bad now by being weakend so much.

Sell a 125hp kit? PSP claims a 150shot only made 80rwhp, you made a PEAK 126 rwhp, another truck may make 150rwhp. Here's word from word qoute from our site. "This system has the potential to increase the power of your motor up to 150 horsepower. Each motor varies on power output capabilities depending on many factors, so may be more or less than 150 bhp."

No NX solenoid problems? You said you double filter them so you can get a full year without having to rebuild them? I said you don't have to double filter ours as they don't need rebuilding.

Gator was fully aware of the nylon line limitations as every customer is and that's why I offer a braided line upgrade for FREE but then a purge needs to be added like all other kits.

Old 11-08-2005 | 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Fast Gator
Denny
Yes its true, I've haven't answered you. But everytime I talked to you, its always been my fault or the installtion's fault. Never the kits fault.
I know you want to defend the kit, but I've grown tired of everything.

I've made a point of not posting anything negative about the RaceTested kit. But you know about the many problems I've had. You admitted the problems about the bottle valve. After 2 bottles of nitrous leaked out, I called you.
And to you credit, your customer service was the best, you admitted the problem and fixed it.
You also know of my disfaction of the power levels provided by your kit. Unlike most people that bolt the kit on, and are happy with the results, I do the results on a dyno. The 150 shot only provides a 120 hp gain at best. Nothing personal, just facts.

Now the bursting line............
Yes the line was bursting by the selonides on the motor. you stated that the line needed to be protected by a heat shield. The heat shield was installed, and the problem still exisit. Blame whomevery you like, but the bottom line is I got a $1500 system that doesn't work on my truck.
If you would like to refund my money, we can talk. If not, we have no further reason to talk. I've really grown tired
Wow! This sounds so familiar. Leaking valve (which Denny did give me store credit for the 15lb fill i lost), bad Maximizer or chip x2, blame placed on my install and then a reinstall by a second party did no better, power down - 75hp gain out of a 150hp shot and more blame placed on the installation, etc. Question marks abound over Denny's head about why and what should be done to fix it. I just took the kit off for now as I await some solution to this mess. I don't have the time to adjust nozzle position, test, etc. like Denny and Highpower want/recommend us to do to in order to get this kit to work. Denny has stated several times that it's just "2-3 measly trucks" that complain about the kit. I think the number is far higher than that.

Old 11-08-2005 | 12:51 PM
You can add another truck to the low HP list. A friend just got 44hp out of his 150hp Racetested kit.

Old 11-08-2005 | 12:56 PM
I'm so tired of the NOS wars around here so I won't comment.

GATOR: Congrats man! I know you deserved a few 10's. Rob does too, but with time and this community I'm sure he'll be there too so we can rekindle the dual between you two.

Old 11-08-2005 | 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by rmfreeze
Wow! This sounds so familiar. Leaking valve (which Denny did give me store credit for the 15lb fill i lost), bad Maximizer or chip x2, blame placed on my install and then a reinstall by a second party did no better, power down - 75hp gain out of a 150hp shot and more blame placed on the installation, etc. Question marks abound over Denny's head about why and what should be done to fix it. I just took the kit off for now as I await some solution to this mess. I don't have the time to adjust nozzle position, test, etc. like Denny and Highpower want/recommend us to do to in order to get this kit to work. Denny has stated several times that it's just "2-3 measly trucks" that complain about the kit. I think the number is far higher than that.
Actually it's the same 3 people as always including yourself and considering Gator even posted he was on his way to a very good time the few hp means nothing. Now all he has left is a new nitrous line to install and all is well as a the bottle valve will not be an issue anymore.

You seem to keep bashing me even though I have always been willing to help. I'm sorry that I can't explain why none of my other customers have had a Maximiser issue period and you have 2. I didn't do the install, so that's why I asked you to check key areas as I can't help with no information to go off of. If you can't be bothered to test then how do you expect to solve the problems?

Do you think I like customers having problems and needing technical help. I don't do the installs out of state, so I get nothing for them but am always there to help. I'm not sure how much more I can do.

Last edited by racetested; 11-08-2005 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-08-2005 | 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by Stl01SVT
You can add another truck to the low HP list. A friend just got 44hp out of his 150hp Racetested kit.
Again the truck in mention is part of the same 3 we keep talking about. Marks TB plate by me was faulty so Sal put his on which will not work either and that's why I had news ones made. If the PSP plate is 1" from outer edge to inner edge and our inejctor is 1" long how do you expect it to srew down enough to spray into the airflow effectively? That's why I needed a thicker plate with a counter bore which turned out to be wrong in the production plates by hanging up the injector on the outer counter bore walls and not allowing it to screw down all the way either.

If people want to swap stories, share all the facts please!

Old 11-08-2005 | 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by typhoon43
I'm so tired of the NOS wars around here so I won't comment.

GATOR: Congrats man! I know you deserved a few 10's. Rob does too, but with time and this community I'm sure he'll be there too so we can rekindle the dual between you two.

I completely agree and you can imagine how tired I am. I have to keep an eye out on critics that only share part of the information. Luckily I have GOOD customers that keep an eye out for me as they know the truth as I do.

Old 11-08-2005 | 02:05 PM
Gator, congradulations.

You would have been more happy had you been there and driven it to the 10.x passes, or at least stood next to it as it launched.

Old 11-08-2005 | 02:29 PM
Actually it's the same 3 people as always including yourself and considering Gator even posted he was on his way to a very good time the few hp means nothing. Now all he has left is a new nitrous line to install and all is well as a the bottle valve will not be an issue anymore.

You seem to keep bashing me even though I have always been willing to help. I'm sorry that I can't explain why none of my other customers have had a Maximiser issue period and you have 2. I didn't do the install, so that's why I asked you to check key areas as I can't help with no information to go off of. If you can't be bothered to test then how do you expect to solve the problems?

Do you think I like customers having problems and needing technical help. I don't do the installs out of state, so I get nothing for them but am always there to help. I'm not sure how much more I can do.
You're last sentence sums it up. I spent several hours working to get more than 75hp out of the 150hp kit (just like others have mentioned). I don't WANT to spend hours and hours investigating why the kit doesn't do more. Why should I? I guess because I spent $1500 on it is probably a good reason but after you mess with something so many times and then another person (more experienced tuner/shop) spends time messing with it (on my dime) you get a BAD taste in your mouth for it. If it works fine, do you want to buy it back? I am sure you won't - used parts and all.

And as far as the same 3 truck comment goes: there were 2 others at LF besides me with problems. That's 3. Then there's another at a local tuner, Gator, and Mark (also mentioned in this thread). That's 6. At one time it seemed like it was higher HP or perhaps high boost trucks that experienced the low HP issue.

Sorry to crap in your thread Gator. Congrat's on the times!

Old 11-08-2005 | 04:07 PM
The last time this kind of episode was vented on a forum, I invited any unhappy customers to contact me direct to resolve their problems BUT not a single person did!!! - Now I find that VERY STRANGE!!!

I sell 1,000s of systems all over the world to virtually every type of vehicle that has wheels (and even some that don't), from mopeds to V16 trucks.

Now here is a surprising fact for you all - I've never had an "individual" customer with any other vehicle have the kind of problems complained about here, never mind a group of 3 or more.

If there is any doubt about my word on this matter, please feel free to visit my forum and see how many complaints we have posted there (we do not remove any such posts, just in case anyone had that thought).

Denny has tried his best to resolve any and all problems to the customers satisfaction but there is only so much he or I can do if customers are not prepared to even communicate with him/us.

Here is another fact;
I make just ONE type of solenoid - that one solenoid has been independently tested by NX to be able to flow in excess of 250 hp, when they wanted to buy them from me.
It is the only solenoid in the World with an adjustable seat which allows me to offer the same unit at 2 different power ratings (150 hp and 250+ hp). Therefore if a vehicle doesn't make the power it should make on a dyno, it CAN'T be because the solenoid isn't flowing enough because they are all the same.
There are NUMEROUS reasons why ANY nitrous kit might not make the jetted power increase and the LAST on the list with my products is the actual kit itself, when they are proven on many 1,000s of other vehicles to make the numbers.
A performance product will only perform as well as it has been fitted and tuned, so fit ANY nitrous kit badly then tune it incorrectly and there is one inevitable result!!!!! And it's NOT a good one.

I've been working with nitrous and dynos for over 25 years so I think I know what I'm talking about, when I tell you all that using a dyno to tune for peak power is pointless!!!! - Unless you're a dyno Queen

The ONLY way to use a dyno correctly is to tune for a broad spread of torque or acceleration. I could turn out an engine that made no increase in power but doubled the torque level and width, which would wipe the floor with an engine that was tuned for peak power.

Here's a GOOD tip for all you guys - STAY AWAY FROM THE DYNO SHOPS and tune your truck at the strip using your timing tickets - I guarantee you will run quicker times.

If you must use a dyno and the operator won't use torque or acceleration to carry out the tune, then just get the best you can and continue the tune at the track. It only takes minutes to do and the results will be outstanding (assuming the kit has been fitted correctly in the first place).

There is NO PRODUCT RELATED REASON why any customer should not see better results using my system than any other.
Please feel free to visit my forum to see posts by other Americans who are achieving outstanding results using my systems, like my American Pro Mod customer who has just posted a 0.996 60ft and a 4.16 1/8th mile using the VERY SAME components you guys are using (albeit 8 times as many) - LOL

Once again I invite ANY CUSTOMER who is unhappy with their results to contact me using wizard@noswizard.com and I'll personally phone you (from the UK) to resolve your problems.
Now how often do you think Mike Woods (President of NX) would make that offer to his customers in the US never mind making a trans Atlantic call???

If it's too much trouble to write a brief email to me, then it should be too much trouble to keep bitching about problems that could be fixed.

One final point about the truck that started this thread - I don't know the full spec etc. but if it was on it's way to a record run and JUST a pipe failure prevented it, surely it's far simpler to replace a piece of pipe than replace the whole kit then at least you know that you'll be able to repeat the performance, rather than risk something totally different failing???

Regards

Trev The WIZARD of NOS

Old 11-08-2005 | 06:09 PM
a few things: 1) If all of the trucks with problems weren't installed correctly and therefore made considerably less power than was advertised, how come you never hear about NX kits underproducing? Is it just a coincidence that people can't install racetested kits correctly but they can install NX ones without a single problem? 2)
You also state you were on your way to a great run so I have to assume a dyno not showing peak hp numbers means nothing. I'm not sure how many times we can express that torque and E.T.'s are what matter.
Likewise, ON YOUR WAY to a great run also means nothing... 10.95 is awesome and congrats gator, but knowing you had a 10.4 or 10.5 or whatever and the only reason you didn't get it was because of a bad Nitrous line? It would also be aggravating to me knowing that this has been an issue on other high powered Lightnings. Yes, Denny has offered to upgrade to braided lines but also didn't think it was necessary. It seems obvious that it is necessary for Lightning applications. 3) I also agree that this is becoming a very tired story. All evidence points to areas in the kits that could be improved on, yet Denny continues to try and blame everyone and everything but the kit. /rant off

Quick Reply: An Open Thank You to Jim and Charles