Lightning

An Open Thank You to Jim and Charles

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005 | 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by 01 XLT Sport
I suspect, based on my years of experience with statistic’s and probability...That is based, once again, on my years experience with statistic’s and probability....That is based on simple statistic’s and probability......based off simple statistics and probability, ...the Racetested kit is not performing as it should in highly modified Lightning’s.

Before pontificating, maybe you should study JLP's success with the RT kits.

Old 11-15-2005 | 12:05 PM
|
Originally Posted by unclemole

Well, I wasn't going to say a thing in JL thread............but, since unclemole decided to mention it in my thread, here goes..........

Iam truely happy for JL and the recording breaking et's he has accomplish. And since JL has said that the racetested system was the reason for his runs, begs the question.
That ten's of thousand's dollars worth of back halfin his truck, along with chopping the roof didn't have anything to do with his runs?
If thats the case........wow! Sure could have saved alot of money huh?

Now I surely don't think my problems where minimal.........
Lets recap

Leaking bottle, hmmmmm thought it was filled. Fill it again........leaks out.
Call Denny. Yes he said, I know the valve leaks. I have to wonder why he didn't call me first, but no big deal.

Next the fuel solenoid leaks over the motor on the dyno. Luckly it was seen and the motor was shut off before a real problem could happen.
Call Denny
He says it can't happen. But Denny sends out a new o-ring to replace the leaking one. The replacement has a nick in it. hmmmmmmmm

Now the nitrous line burst's by the nitrous solenoid. Cut the tie wraps off to re route the nitrous line to pick up some slack. The nitrous line was no where near the EGR.
Re install the nitrous line with the extra ferrows. The line blows again. Now instead of running the nitrous line along the drivers side of the truck, the line has to run across the top of the trans to have enough nitrous line, after cutting out the blown piece, to reach the nitrous solenoid. Now at this time, heat wrap was installed from the bottle to the solenoid.
The line blows again.............

Just how much should I have to deal with? After all, this was sold as the BEST nitrous kit available for the Lightning! I was a retail consumer, so I didn't have the desire to help R&D this system on my Lightning motor.
The kit works fine on the stock and lightly modded lightning, but not mine. Or as a matter of fact, none of the high boost Lightning.

Old 11-15-2005 | 12:07 PM
|
And this certainly doesn't look like a "compromised" installation

Old 11-15-2005 | 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by unclemole

Again…

Simple statistics and probabilities:

It appears, as per this board, there are at least 1, maybe 2 with highly modified Lightning’s having good luck with Racetested kits.

It also appears, as per this board, there are at least 2 or 3, maybe a few more, with highly modified Lightning’s that are NOT having good luck with Racetested kits.

Therefore, statistics and probability would tell you someone with a highly modified Lightning stands a roughly 50/50 chance of having any luck with a system being advertised as the best.

Is it because of the kits themselves or how they are installed? Who knows for sure? However when some of the biggest experts with many years of technical knowledge are having issues with this kit I find it highly unlikely its “solely” due to an installation issue…

That’s just the facts as they have been presented in this community of Lightning owners and nothing I have made up or pontificated…

Congratulations to JL and a job well done but that does not prove these kits have no faults, issues, or could use some upgrading and/or modifying…

Old 11-26-2005 | 04:03 PM
Sorry to have been so long getting back to this thread but I had to finish writing my book on nitrous as I'd over shot the publishers deadline.

If thats the case........wow! Sure could have saved alot of money huh?

I think you've taken JL's statement incorrectly.

I never take ALL the credit for any record time that a customer achieves BUT for anyone to set a record ALL the parts have to work correctly, which means my system did (along with all the other parts), just as the many 1,000s of others systems I've sold do.

Now I surely don't think my problems where minimal.........
Lets recap

Compared with the potential problems a faulty nitrous system can cause (wrecked engine to name the worst) and bearing in mind that ALL things are "relative", the problems you have experienced are VERY minor.

Leaking bottle,

Just remember this is NOT one of my standard components and therefore should not be attributed to a Wizard of NOS component failure. Having said that I can't think of a more minor problem, as sealing a high pressure system is not the easiest thing to achieve. You might like to check ANY US made kit for leaks and you'll discover they ALL LEAK from the braided hose to a small degree and it can't be stopped!!!! At least any leaks in my systems can be rectified.

Next the fuel solenoid leaks over the motor on the dyno. Call Denny
He says it can't happen. But Denny sends out a new o-ring to replace the leaking one. The replacement has a nick in it.

Denny is right "It CAN'T happen" - UNLESS someone removes the pipe fitting from the main body adaptor and damages the 'O' ring when they screw it back together. The 'O' ring Denny sent you was a used item because he hadn't got any new ones in stock. You were so desperate to get one, that he removed one from another Pulsoid and obviously damaged it in the process.
Once again NOT a component failure and had your fitter not disturbed the original 'O' ring there would not have been a problem.
Although the consequences could have been serious, the actual failure (even if it had been a component failure) was once again minor. Once again I can assure you that the 'O' ring failure can NOT happen unless the fitter has "messed" with the fittings.

Now the nitrous line burst's by the nitrous solenoid. Cut the tie wraps off to re route the nitrous line to pick up some slack. The nitrous line was no where near the EGR.

Once again the nylon pipe will NOT burst unless it is routed too close to heat and by cutting it shorter it's my bet that the pipe would be closer to hot components than it was before it was cut, which means it would be even more likely to burst.

Now instead of running the nitrous line along the drivers side of the truck, the line has to run across the top of the trans to have enough nitrous line. Now at this time, heat wrap was installed. The line blows again...

The top of the transmission is one of the hottest places when the vehicle is moving as the heat from the engine etc. all flows backwards and upwards, so your fitter made the problem worse!!!!
From what I can see from the pictures below, the "heat wrap" is NOT heat wrap it's just "over braiding" which has no heat protective qualities at all!!!!!!
Had a good quality, suitable heat wrap been used your fitter may have got away with routing the pipe so badly but the right solution (just as I guess JLP has used), is the right length of pipe routed correctly and covered with good quality heat sheath.

Just how much should I have to deal with?

None of the above in an ideal world but it's not ideal. However you should make sure you proportion blame correctly otherwise you'll have further problems because you've blamed the wrong person.
Denny accepts the blame for the leak but your fitter should take the blame for your other problems because they are due to incorrect fitting and NOT component failure.

After all, this was sold as the BEST nitrous kit available for the Lightning! I was a retail consumer.

My systems are the BEST for any application. We have recently been sent pictures from one of the other Ls that have failed to produce results and it is OBVIOUS that once again the reason is bad fitting and this has been accepted by the customer.

Before anyone applies statistics and probability might I suggest they get ALL the facts first otherwise their numbers mean NOTHING!!!!!

Finished in next post.

Best wishes to you for the future.

Regards

Trev The WIZARD of NOS

Old 11-26-2005 | 04:06 PM
To complete my last post as the original consisted of too many words to be accepted as a single post.

The kit works fine on the stock and lightly modded lightning, but not mine.

Your Pulsoids and injector look to have been fitted well enough but they are only part of what makes the system perform reliably. Furthermore your system must have been working quite well for you to achieve your quickest 1/8th before the pipe blew.
Had your system been fitted correctly you would have achieved an even better 1/8th time and continued on to produce your quickest 1/4 time.

Like I've said MANY times ANY product will ONLY work to it's full potential IF it is fitted correctly - your nitrous system was NOT FITTED CORRECTLY!!!
IF it was now fitted correctly I can ASSURE you that it would produce quicker times than any other nitrous system you could use.

All you would need to do is to replace the damaged pipe with either nylon or braided which should then be sleeved with GOOD heat sheathing.

You'll probably ignore this advice but in the near future you will see more and more vehicles producing record times using my systems and then you'll realise I was right when I told you it was your fitter who caused your problems by not following my instructions to the letter.

Best wishes to you for the future.

Regards

Trev The WIZARD of NOS

Old 11-26-2005 | 04:27 PM
Ummmm

Bruce,
Congrats on your runs bud!

Later...
Bruce

Quick Reply: An Open Thank You to Jim and Charles