Lightning

An Open Thank You to Jim and Charles

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005 | 01:52 PM
|
An Open Thank You to Jim and Charles

I would like to extend my sincere thanks to Jim at JDM and to Charles at MagnumPowers. Between the both of these gentlemen I have been able to reach my dreams of having a daily driving, plywood hauling 10 sec truck.

My truck has run like a dream from the moment I picked the truck up after the built motor went in. No tuning issues, plug issues, noise issues or oil consumption issues. Maybe a "few" gas consumption issues But what the hell. So thank you Jim.
I've always been treated like family, from the very first time I came into your shop (and spent $100) , to the last visit I made there.

The Magnum blower that was install on my stock longblock and then the built motor has been trouble free too. After a year of use, some easy, some hard, the blower is just fine. So thank you Charles for providing an affordable alternative blower for these Lightning's, that will provide a 10 sec time slip.

As most know, my truck made two 10.95 passes at JDM day. The plan was to make a couple all motor passes, then make a 100 shot of nitrous pass, then step up to a 150 shot of nitrous. Just to see how deep into the 10's that my Magnum would run.
But unfortunately the nitrous supply line burst mid way thru the first nitrous pass. From the 1/8 mile numbers, I believe I was on a 10.4/10.5 run. Now mind you, this was the fourth time, and yes it was in the protective heat sleeve. To say Iam pi$$ed would be an understatment.
Pondering my next move................................

Gator Out

Old 11-07-2005 | 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by Fast Gator
My truck has run like a dream from the moment I picked the truck up after the built motor went in. No tuning issues, plug issues....
bla bla bla .....

Gator Out
Hmm, is that a little dig for your buddy (when he's down and out) : o (
Or just a praise for another job well done by Jim and JDM. If it's the ladder I agree 100%, your truck looks and performs amazing and I am extremely happy for you Buddy. I tried and tried to convice Jim you said I could drive it, but he wouldnt buy it. I even posted under V's name Fri morning from his house saying Ronbo should drive it, hehehehehe.

YOU DID IT PAL, and so did you Jim and Charles a huge thumbs up and CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU

Maybe 06 will be my year

BTW Gator, already your looking for more hu ???
Whats the matter ?? Getting like a scady cat cause Jim's doing mine now ; o )

Old 11-07-2005 | 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by Fast Gator
I would like to extend my sincere thanks to Jim at JDM and to Charles at MagnumPowers. Between the both of these gentlemen I have been able to reach my dreams of having a daily driving, plywood hauling 10 sec truck.

My truck has run like a dream from the moment I picked the truck up after the built motor went in. No tuning issues, plug issues, noise issues or oil consumption issues. Maybe a "few" gas consumption issues But what the hell. So thank you Jim.
I've always been treated like family, from the very first time I came into your shop (and spent $100) , to the last visit I made there.

The Magnum blower that was install on my stock longblock and then the built motor has been trouble free too. After a year of use, some easy, some hard, the blower is just fine. So thank you Charles for providing an affordable alternative blower for these Lightning's, that will provide a 10 sec time slip.

As most know, my truck made two 10.95 passes at JDM day. The plan was to make a couple all motor passes, then make a 100 shot of nitrous pass, then step up to a 150 shot of nitrous. Just to see how deep into the 10's that my Magnum would run.
But unfortunately the nitrous supply line burst mid way thru the first nitrous pass. From the 1/8 mile numbers, I believe I was on a 10.4/10.5 run. Now mind you, this was the fourth time, and yes it was in the protective heat sleeve. To say Iam pi$$ed would be an understatment.
Pondering my next move................................

Gator Out
what size nitrous line are you using? and who made it?

Old 11-07-2005 | 03:27 PM
Gator has our kit and uses the 5mm nitrous line. When Gator says it has bursted 4 times I am unsure how it was ever fixed from the first burst since I was never asked for a new line and it can't be patched in any way. It was also only heat protected this last time but with 3 supposed previous bursts I have no idea what condition the pipe is in or what is going on as nobody tells me.

When we also spoke last time I also said I would replace the line for braided if this is a problem on your truck. I sent a follow up e-mail and still have not heard back in weeks.

I will be happy to send a new pipe or braided line. As to why you have so may pipe issues is a mystery to me. 100 degree plus weather and conditions like Rob saw with his bursted line is not a secret but the mild 70-80 degree ambient temps that your truck saw makes no sense to me. I can't imagine underhood heat being any higher than the 200 degrees that I test at either.

Old 11-07-2005 | 04:17 PM
Congrats Bud! You deserve it! I hope to be there with ya some day. I absolutely LOVE my MP truck, and am just waiting to do the built block so I can reach its full potential. Both Jim and Charles are class acts, and really know how to make these trucks move

Old 11-07-2005 | 05:31 PM
Congrat's Gator! Awesome Et's!
Bryan

Old 11-07-2005 | 05:41 PM
Way to Go Gator!

Congrats on the 10 second slips. Wish I could have made it out there for this years JDM event.

Lightning Bob

Old 11-07-2005 | 06:09 PM
Gator, Charles, & Jim, what a great job you guys have done!

Way to hang in there Gator!

God Bless,

Suavy

Old 11-07-2005 | 07:23 PM
|
Whoa everybody , especially my pal Rob

First to Rob, Iam so sorry about your problems. I would never wish anything bad for you or your truck, and you know that's from my heart.
I could NEVER gain any satisfaction from your pain!

Everybody else.........Thanks for the nice words. It really means alot from my family

Denny
Yes its true, I've haven't answered you. But everytime I talked to you, its always been my fault or the installtion's fault. Never the kits fault.
I know you want to defend the kit, but I've grown tired of everything.

I've made a point of not posting anything negative about the RaceTested kit. But you know about the many problems I've had. You admitted the problems about the bottle valve. After 2 bottles of nitrous leaked out, I called you.
And to you credit, your customer service was the best, you admitted the problem and fixed it.
You also know of my disfaction of the power levels provided by your kit. Unlike most people that bolt the kit on, and are happy with the results, I do the results on a dyno. The 150 shot only provides a 120 hp gain at best. Nothing personal, just facts.

Now the bursting line............
Yes the line was bursting by the selonides on the motor. you stated that the line needed to be protected by a heat shield. The heat shield was installed, and the problem still exisit. Blame whomevery you like, but the bottom line is I got a $1500 system that doesn't work on my truck.
If you would like to refund my money, we can talk. If not, we have no further reason to talk. I've really grown tired

Old 11-07-2005 | 07:51 PM
Waited allllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 12 hours today, for the B-Man to stop in.. no love for the P-Stills.

Old 11-07-2005 | 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by racetested
Gator has our kit and uses the 5mm nitrous line. When Gator says it has bursted 4 times I am unsure how it was ever fixed from the first burst since I was never asked for a new line and it can't be patched in any way. It was also only heat protected this last time but with 3 supposed previous bursts I have no idea what condition the pipe is in or what is going on as nobody tells me.

When we also spoke last time I also said I would replace the line for braided if this is a problem on your truck. I sent a follow up e-mail and still have not heard back in weeks.

I will be happy to send a new pipe or braided line. As to why you have so may pipe issues is a mystery to me. 100 degree plus weather and conditions like Rob saw with his bursted line is not a secret but the mild 70-80 degree ambient temps that your truck saw makes no sense to me. I can't imagine underhood heat being any higher than the 200 degrees that I test at either.
Please don't turn my buddies great thread into another 12 page N20 drama!

Doug where are you?

God Bless,

Suavy

Old 11-07-2005 | 08:23 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by racetested

It didnt burst 4 times it was 3 and it was all with in a one foot span of the line. We just trimmed the line back and with the extra ferrels you sent us with the kit we were able to piece it together. You also sent us new o rings and you didnt know that those were defective too. He also went through 2 bottles of nitrous because one of your fittings in the bottle was never properly tapped for threads. You said that you didnt know how that happened, the kit on a 150 shot only provided 126 HP on Bruce's truck. You said it was the jet size so we opened it up .005" more and we still only got 126 HP. So it it is definatley in the selinoid. On the 100 shot we only saw 76 HP. That I could say with a bigger jet you'll get more HP because we did. You told me that those selinoids are good to well over 300 HP. Then you said I had to send it back to you to acheive that. We put heat sheild around all the lines. Which we spent a number of hours doing. My feeling on this is that where the line keeps bursting that section is probably thinner or the material when it was manufactured never cured right. Either way there is alot of extra man hours in this kit because of it being sold with an inferior line and selinoids that only produce 126 HP instead of 150. Just checking into that extra 25 HP lose, i spent an extra 2-3 hours on the dyno. Removing the double filter, removing your filter, changing out the bottle pressure gauge, letting the truck cool down and making another pull. I made 3 extra pulls on Gators motor for no reason. If you knew your product you should just sell it as a 125 kit. You made me go out and buy heat sheild which is not cheap. Because Bruce has spent alot of money with me and he hasnt had good luck with your nitrous system I am giving him an NX kit for our cost and some free labor. This way if he wants to step it up to a 250 shot he can. We have never had lines burst or selinoids problems with the NX kits.

Jim@JDM

Last edited by Silver_2000; 11-08-2005 at 12:59 PM. Reason: fix quote tag to make it easier to read
Old 11-07-2005 | 08:31 PM
Former Sponsor
sorry I posted under my son's name...

Jim@JDM

Old 11-07-2005 | 10:43 PM
Congrats Gator on your 10 sec slip on boost only. It is nice to see the potential is there when i decide to step up the power levels.
My MP powered ride went 11.7 at 114, and I am quite happy on a safe fat tune for now, but thoughts of a cage, trans, and more power dominate my nights.
Jim

Old 11-07-2005 | 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Ct.TOPGUN
but thoughts of a cage, trans, and more power dominate my nights.
Jim
The cage has been on my mind for quite some time as well. If everything comes out good at the body shop I will probably do one over the winter.
Glad you guys all ran good.
Congrats Gator on that 10sec slip.
I remember grinning ear to ear all of last JDM after my first pass on the new motor was a 10 second pass. -Mat-

Quick Reply: An Open Thank You to Jim and Charles