Lightning

Ok it's time I talk about what happen :o(

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005 | 01:41 PM
perhaps rob just means done right as in a 32V 5.4L DOHC from JDM.

Old 11-08-2005 | 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by tallimeca
pillar of the Lightning community!!!

Old 11-08-2005 | 02:21 PM

Im really not sure if I can handle this.

Old 11-08-2005 | 02:24 PM
Sorry about your problems buddy. Let not forget Rob can do anything he wants with truck so stop being so negative about him go to someone else. I have the all the respect for all the top three ...JLP, JMD, PSP... And everyone is entitle to pick any of the three or go to someone else.

We will be waiting for the your future "woohoo's" Rob when you hit 10's..

Old 11-08-2005 | 02:27 PM
I have talked to Rob MANY times for MANY hours (the guy just doesn't shut-up) and I can tell you that he wanted it to work out with Sal in the worse way.
Although my choice of tuner is JDM I do respect all tuners in there abilities.

Bottom line. Rob was close to Sal (10 miles), Sal had taken care of Rob on numerous times, Rob does not own a trailer and likes to make a lot of changes. Sal was very convenient for that for Rob.
But unfortunately they couldn't defeat the gremlin for whatever reason.I am confident that Jim will get the truck running good and if you read Sals post (very well put BTW) Sal wants Rob truck to run well also.

The saying '***** Happens' is popular for a reason.

For me as a racer I just want my L to run every time as does everybody and that was not happening for Rob.

VINNIE

Old 11-08-2005 | 02:35 PM
I know I prolly mentioned this in another Woo Hoo thread, but
after causing my problems for almost a year, it was the CATS that
caused all the plug consumption. And it NEVER threw a CODE ...
It was only when I blew the EGR feed tubes off that we found the
problem.

But surely someone either checked that out, or Rob is cat-less.

I know you guys will think he!! has frozen over, but good bad or
indifferent, you can't deny that Jim seems to build some awesome
motors.

And if I lived 10 miles from Sal, I would be BROKE ... < grin >

Cliff

Old 11-08-2005 | 03:04 PM
Rob buddy my friend my pal, i wish you all the luck in the world gettin your truck fixxed up. Team PSP will be missin ya, but ill be looking for ya next race season hopefully with my new setup i plan on doing this winter either way im sure JDM will take care of ya.. Sal built that engine and it would have been better to see first hand for himself what exactly happend. but I as well as Sal understand what you are doing.. i was hoping we can get a pass next to eachother this time out but we both had unfortunate problems and yours just being more serious then my blowouts which caused me to almost meet the wall.. anyway good luck to you pal.. talk to ya soon..
Team PSP Baby!!!

Old 11-08-2005 | 03:30 PM
Good luck getting it back together Rob. I can't believe you've not gone crazy yet with all the problems you've had. JDM is the one vendor I've never bought from, but only because they are not competitive with their prices. I do remember when Superfords motor blew up, JDM stepped up and gave him a hell of a discount on the motor, Hopefully that is what they are doing for you. Also when Superfords JDM motor went bad shortly thereafter they also replaced it free of charge, very classy on their part, and what I would expect from a vendor that I spent so much money with.
Good luck!

Old 11-08-2005 | 03:40 PM
Second Opinion

No disrespect for Sal. But, Rob should have gotten a second opinion on his problems, long ago.

Best of luck with JDM.
-Mike

Old 11-08-2005 | 04:33 PM
Question Running Lean

Originally Posted by Rob_02Lightning
Most already know but since everyone is asking in all the other post, lets get it out here as to not take away from them

Yes my brand new Motor is messed up BIG TIME
After (I guess it's 13 sets now) of melted plugs my luck ran out and something real bad took place during the first and only run I got in at JDM Day : o (

I am not looking for sorrow and I will not blame Sal's motor, God knows he put his heart into this build. And I will not blame the nitrous, up to Friday ONLY 8 SEC's of N20 was put through this motor since the rebuild, and in "ALL" cept one of those 13 ocassions IT WAS NOT USING n20 when the plugs melted. But god knows something was wrong and there is no doubt the truck was going lean OFF and on spray. It has melted plugs time after time after time on the Dyno OFF SPRAY and that alone tells me SOMETHING has always been wrong in tuning this Combo, it's now proved to be fatal

I'm going to take this like a man and move on to the future, not that I have any with the $ I owe out, but I'm too far in to back out now, so you know what I mean....
My Truck is at JDM and it will be done right, I'm extremely excited about it,
"cept where the hells the money coming from part" and I very much looking foward to being able to WOT my truck for the first time since 2004 WITHOUT me having to change plugs or sink more money into it I DONT have.
@*#$@*#$@*#$$@#$*(@#$*@^%@$#*@#$*@#$@$^#%*@$&#$
Thank You Jim, Thank You JDM, and Thank EVERYONE for the unbelivable amount of phone calls, e-mails, and conversations I've had since this happen.
If it wasnt for you guys, I would have gave up a looooooooooong time ago....

BUT LET THE RECORDS SHOW
Even know all hell broke loose as it was down to firing on "1" still good spark plug, and I got off it only hundreds of ft into the run, (and it then stalled). I still rolled through with a 11 sec pass, (dam I was on a good run, an easy low 11)
#%*)^#%)*^#@%)^#%)^#%_#$%#%^)#%^_# &$^*@$*@$$
; o )

I had a 4.7 330ft time and comparing that to some slips I have (based on the peoples ET I was lined up with) the same 4.7 330ft equaled as good as 11.1
&(@^#$*(@$%(@$%@($%@$()%@$()^%@$(#@$#(^@$#(@$%(@^$ %(@$^@($%(@$^%@$(^%@($%@#$(@#$^@$#(@#$^(@$#^(@$#%( @$
06 here we come, TEAM JDM BABY......
I will bet the farm rob you been running on the lean side not enough fuel going to the engine [TOM ]
LIGHTNING FAST POWERED AND TUNED BY JDM

Last edited by tlfwatch; 11-08-2005 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-08-2005 | 05:02 PM
|
WOW what the hell happen here ???
(and for those that want to know how I didnt lose it, believe me I'm border line right now) &@$%(@&$%@($%@$(@%$(@(@$

Some how it seems some people have read something totally diff than what I said. First off Sal has helped me in ways I can never repay, he saved me thousands and thousands of dollars, and I will always be a cutomer and friend of him. AS I SAID I will take this like a man and move on. I didnt stab him in the back, I didnt Tuner Hop or whatever phrase was used. I did what "I" had to do to assure my sanity and the welfare of "MY" Lightning.
If some one doesn't like it, I'll tell you what you pay for my new motor

I'll let you all in on a secrete, I havent even called Jim since he's had my truck, I have not talked to him since I left the track, we have not decided whats what yet, and we surly didnt work out any special payment plans.
I dont have a rats *** of a clue what the hell this is going to cost me, but I do know I'll prob lose my friggin house or sanity over the CC hell I'm already in.

As said JDM has had AWESOME results on the Mag, the ET's and power they're putting down is what I want, their ported head program is second to none, and the decision is made, THE RIGHT DECISION

Thank all of you for the support, now lets not make more out of this than it is....

Last edited by webmaster; 11-09-2005 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-08-2005 | 05:30 PM
Talking Lets Don't Bash Our Lightning Tuners

Lightning bro's count me out if we are going to bash our lightning tuners

Old 11-08-2005 | 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by SVT_KY
I know I prolly mentioned this in another Woo Hoo thread, but
after causing my problems for almost a year, it was the CATS that
caused all the plug consumption. And it NEVER threw a CODE ...
It was only when I blew the EGR feed tubes off that we found the
problem.

But surely someone either checked that out, or Rob is cat-less.

Cliff

I hope Rob checked it to.. That was the problem I had for awhile. I caused me more headaches than anything. I know I mentioned it awhile back in one of the threads.

Rob did you ever check your cats? You may still have a problem there. New or not they can EASILY mess up.

I hope you get your Truck back to running good soon man. It sucks to be down for sure!

Old 11-08-2005 | 06:54 PM
I thnk we should get Jim, Sal, and Johnny to come to one place and build Rob an engine in one hour. Then a panel of experts, Lightning owners, can pick which engine is the best for Rob. We can call it Iron Block or something.

Old 11-08-2005 | 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by Rob_02Lightning
I'll let you all in on a secrete, I havent even called Jim since he's had my truck, I have not talked to him since I left the track, we have not decided whats what yet, and we surly didnt work out any special payment plans.
I dont have a rats *** of a clue what the hell this is going to cost me, but I do know I'll prob lose my friggin house or sanity over the CC hell I'm already in.....
No fooling us Rob - Department of Homeland security has been notified.. We'll get to the bottom of your secret!

Quick Reply: Ok it's time I talk about what happen :o(